Fork rake and power meters

Old February 3rd 05, 04:02 PM

Default Fork rake and power meters

All,

I was wandering thru EBay the other day and saw an auction for a Kurt
Kinetic power meter which could be used to attach to any of the Kurt
Kinetic trainers to monitor power. I was wondering if anyone has tried
to adapt one of these thingys to a Cyclops fluid trainer ? The mfg says
the its not calibrated to the any other trainer but their own. I'm not
sure how it attaches to itself which could be interesting in itself. If
not, does anyone know if something like this is available for a Cyclops
? This would be a welcome edition to the boredom of indoor training, at
least another toy to play with I guess.

Second question, if all things being equal in terms of build, material,
rake, etc is there a difference between a straight fork and a curved
one? Just by looking at them I tend to think, rightly or wrongly, that
the curved fork would be move comfortable.

Thanks,

Ian in SD

Old February 5th 05, 05:37 AM
Philip Holman

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

The Cyclops fluid trainer will have a different power curve. This device
only measures speed and converts it to power with a predetermined
algorithm. It won't work for any trainer.

Just by looking at the fork eh. Do you think we should discard all
engineering principles and rely on the eye ball method? The only way I
can tell by looking is........ if one of them has suspension :-)

Phil H