Creepy Crawler on an old DX20 rim?

Old July 27th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hydrophidian

Default Creepy Crawler on an old DX20 rim?

I searched the archives and couldn't find any topics that answered the
question so, sorry if it's already been discussed, I couldn't find it.

Can I put a Creepy Crawler tire on my 2004/05 Torker DX20? Is it too
big for the rim? Too big for the frame?

I've got a hookworm on it now but, would like something bigger. I know
that the newer DXs have the CC tire but, they also have different rims
and frames so, will it fit the older ones? I bought it used so, I don't
know what the original tire was but, I know that I have almost exactly a
half of an inch clearance between the tread on the hookworm and the
bottom of the crown.

Thanks alot.
-Rico

--
hydrophidian

Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot but, not acceptable for me
to notice it? -Dilbert

I hate people who hate people. When you hate people, I hate you.
-Ugly Mus-tard
Old July 27th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hydrophidian

Sorry, got another question too.

If I can't put a CC on it, what are some bigger tires(20x2.0+) that
will fit? Preferrably not too knobby but, it doesn't really matter too
much. I'm big and heavy so, it just needs to be able to support my
weight when I hop around, without bottoming out like the hookworm does.

Yes, it's got plenty of air in it. It's rated at 110psi and, I have it
at about 100psi. I weigh 230lbs and can feel it bottom out when I hop.

Old July 27th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The UniSLAB

I'm alsmost positive it would.

But is there any reason you want to get a CC? The try-all is better in
almost every aspect.

--
The UniSLAB

Spoonthumb wrote:
Does it make you feel good? Arguing on the internet?

Old July 27th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hydrophidian

I'm just looking for something bigger. I'm new to unicycling and have
never really heard of "try-all". Where can I find more info on them?

Old July 27th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jim

Hi Rico

If the Hookworm 20" tire fits on your rim then then the 19" (20x2.5")
Creepy Crawler won't and the TryAll 19" (20x2.5") won't fit either.

You can get 20x2.0" Creepy crawler or TryAll tires that will fit your
rim but they have no where near the volume the 19" has.

The biggest tire you can fit on a standard 20" rim is either the 3-G
20x3.45" or Onza 20x2.4". They were both on the Unicycle.com website
but I can't find them now. The onza has a knobbly trials tread, the 3-G
has a slick tread.

jim

--
Jim