off topic - sad statement about americans?

Old August 12th 04, 11:11 PM
CowPunk

Default off topic - sad statement about americans?

http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aber...ws/9363794.htm

"A Nebraska man who once weighed more than half a ton has lost 321
pounds in a Sioux Falls hospital, with a goal of losing another 450
pounds.

Patrick Deuel, 42, of Valentine, weighed 1,072 pounds when he was
admitted to Avera McKennan Hospital eight weeks ago. Deuel, who is
just under 6 feet tall, is on a 1,200 calorie-a-day diet."
Old August 12th 04, 11:18 PM
B. Lafferty

And for a photo of the slimming lad go to:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews...name_page.html

m...

Old August 12th 04, 11:28 PM

"B. Lafferty" writes:

And for a photo of the slimming lad go to:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews...name_page.html

Right, that's the one that appeared yesterday in the local Comic.

--
le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett
Six Day Site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html
Old August 13th 04, 12:24 AM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:46:15 -0400, gym gravity

And how was she going to the bathroom anyway? Was there a hole cut in
the couch? How was it cleaned up? I could imagine hosing her down once
a day, but I think the water would rot the couch...it would never dry out.

"I wash myself with a rag on a stick."

JT
****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old August 13th 04, 04:14 AM
CowPunk

You literally would need a 3/4 ton pickup truck
to take him anywhere....

ie. a Ford F150 is a 1/2 ton
Old August 13th 04, 08:00 AM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Curtis L. Russell wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:39:08 -0000, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

This is absolutely true! That's why Sundquist is still having withdrawal
issues over Trader Joes. The *******s!

Chocolate-covered raspberries are part of a plot? (The best thing at
Trader Joes)

I'm growing fonder of conspiracies even as we eat, er, speak.

I like the chocolate truffles they have around holiday time every year.
They look like a piece of dirt, but just let one melt in yer mouth. Mmmmm.
A local farmer's market has chocolate covered blueberrys that're great.
(They also had some of that "Drop" stuff that Ewoud mentioned last week:
salted licorice.)

--
tanx,
Howard

So far, so good, so what?

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old August 13th 04, 10:43 PM
gwhite

Richard Hertz wrote:

horse****!
The only ones at fault are the ones eating it.

Are you trying to say that all problems in the USofA are not due to evil
rich people and evil corporations?

"WORKERS OF THE WORLD [COLLUDE... er, I mean] UNITE!" -- [GROUCHO... er,
I mean] KARL MARX