Matt Damon as Lance?

Old July 29th 04, 02:29 PM
DFN

Default Matt Damon as Lance?

"psycholist" wrote in message
That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
Armstrong.

Why? Was Lance unavailable for the role?

Old July 29th 04, 03:20 PM
Jim Flom

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
ink.net...
But, will the film show him ****ing into cups at least 24 times or rubbing
Actoveggan cream into his butt? And who will play Emma O'Reilly in the
film? Will Simeoni play himself?

And what about Naomi?

Old July 29th 04, 03:22 PM
Jim Flom

"DFN" wrote...
"psycholist" wrote...
That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
Armstrong.

Why? Was Lance unavailable for the role?

Why do you think Subaru restricts his lines to one-liners?

J "dude can't act" F

Old July 29th 04, 04:42 PM
Chris

"psycholist" wrote in message

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
k.net...
"psycholist" wrote in message

"steve" wrote in message

On 28-Jul-2004, "psycholist" wrote:

Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

Seems silly to me to make a biographical drama when there is ample

real
life
footage available to create a compelling documentary. Plus you know

scripted film will do no justice to cycling as a sport.

Or, you could have Michael Moore do a spinumentary.

I think the correct term is "crockumentary". Seems as how he's been

de-spun
by everything from the 911 Commission Report to the latest being Yeslam
Binladin who says that Moore's film purposely misrepresented his

family -
claiming that they were flown out of the country with some sort of

priority
when in fact they were treated as any other foreign visitors. He also
debunked the oft repeated claim that members of the bin Laden family

were
in
Afghanistan with Osama.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...mo/film_bin_la
den_moore_5

But then when someone prefers lies to truth you can always bet that

there's
a Liberal in the woodpile.

You get no argument here, Tom. I just suggested spinumentary because of

the
play on the cycling angle along with the slanted "documentary" style of

Mr.
Moore.

Bob C.

Hmm, slanted documentary? That sounds like "propaganda". What is the
difference alleged to be?

Old July 29th 04, 04:46 PM
Chris

"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message

"mr60percent" wrote in message

But who will play Dr Ferrari ? What actor could play a good Chemical
Architect ?

Steve Buscemi?

Oh Jeez, as the character "Crazy Eyes"?

Old July 29th 04, 04:56 PM
trg

"steve" a écrit dans le message de
m...
"psycholist" wrote in message

That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
Armstrong.

I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike

better
than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike

or
play golf, either one.

I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.

Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

Bob C.

Matt Damon is to nice to play Lance. Even when he plays a baddy (The
talented Mr.Ripley or Bourne Identity) he comes across as a nice guy.

In that case, he's the wrong choice. Lance has many admirable qualities.
"Nice guy" isn't one of them. Oh well, it's Hollywood...

Old July 29th 04, 05:12 PM
B. Lafferty

Who's going to play the diabetic soigneur?

"Roland2k" wrote in message
om...
"psycholist" wrote in message

That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
Armstrong.

I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike

better
than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike

or
play golf, either one.

I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.

Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

Bob C.

As long as all the Russians have beards, I'll be happy. I hate it when
people try to debunk the stereotypes I cherish.

Some other thoughts:
Jan Ullrich = Willem Dafoe or maybe Rick Schroeder
Johan Bruyneel = Denzel Washington
Sheryl Crow = Catherine Mannheim
Kristin Armstrong = Ashley Judd
Jean-Marie Leblanc = Robert Deniro
Robin Williams = Ben Affleck

Seriously though, this movie will suck for anyone that knows the
story.

Old July 29th 04, 07:15 PM
DFN

"Jim Flom" wrote in message
"DFN" wrote...
"psycholist" wrote...
That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
Armstrong.

Why? Was Lance unavailable for the role?

Why do you think Subaru restricts his lines to one-liners?

J "dude can't act" F

True, they could however have him do all the bike scenes and dub his voice
for everything else sort of like watching old Godzilla movies.

Old July 29th 04, 07:44 PM
Diablo Scott

psycholist wrote:
That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
Armstrong.

I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
play golf, either one.

I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.

Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

Bob C.

A few suggestions for supporting roles:

Lance's Mom Olsen twin #1
Kik Armstrong Olsen twin #2
Sheryl Crowe Mariah Carey (I'm assuming there will be a sex scene)
Jan Ullrich David Hasselhoff
Marco Pantani Ferenghi guy from Star Trek
Eddy Merckx Himself

--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/
Old July 29th 04, 07:54 PM
Diablo Scott

psycholist wrote:

That's the scoop. Movie in the making (per VN). Damon picked to play
Armstrong.

I can see it ... sort of. I just hope Damon learns to ride a bike better
than he learned golf ... or better than Costner learned to ride a bike or
play golf, either one.

I guess they'll have to get DeNiro to play Ullrich since he'll have to
balloon up and down in weight ... like in Raging Bull.

Hey, that'll be a good discussion. Who should play in the various
supporting roles? How about Sheryl Crow as Lance's mom.

Bob C.

A few thoughts on supporting roles for the Lance movie:

Lance's mom Olsen twin #1
Kik Armstrong Olsen twin #2
Sheryl Crowe Mariah Carey (I'm assuming there's a sex scene here)
Jan Ullrich David Hasselhoff
Marco Pantani Ferengi guy from Star Trek
Eddy Merckx Himself (TIOOYK)

Lance vs George W Bush John Racing 0 July 20th 04 06:30 AM
LANCE ARMSTRONG'S BID FOR COVETED SIXTH TOUR DE FRANCE FOILED Richard Longwood Racing 6 June 28th 04 03:06 AM
Lance comments on Wilson Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer Racing 2 March 2nd 04 02:53 AM