MASSIVE Unicycle Hockey League Tournament (UK) Saturday 10th November

Old September 11th 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steve.colligan

Default MASSIVE Unicycle Hockey League Tournament (UK) Saturday 10th November

On the 10th November the Denton Unicycle Club (DUC) will be hosting a
league hockey tournament and will be primarily for organised teams
only. We're expecting all team places to be taken for this event, but
If we fall short then the remaining places/s will be made up of scratch
teams.

Due to the growing popularity of the tournaments we hold in Manchester,
we've had to look for an alternative venue so that we can cater for the
growing number of teams interested in playing hockey. We've secured the
use of two large modern sports halls which are located adjacent to each
other. These are in Liverpool and just five minutes from the end of the
M62 motorway at Hope Park University.

This will be one of the largest hockey tournaments to be held in the UK
to date as far as number of games played and length of games. Because
we're using two halls adjacent to each other, we can cater for 10
teams, with two games being played simultaneously.

ALL 10 TEAMS WILL PLAY EACH OTHER (I.E 9 GAMES EACH)

12 MINUTE GAMES, NOT INCLUDING THE TWO MINUTE TURN-ROUND.

NO TEAM WILL HAVE TO PLAY CONSECUTIVE GAMES, BUT WILL NEVER HAVE TO
WAIT MORE THAN TWO GAMES BEFORE PLAYING AGAIN.

Full details and how to register can be found at
http://www.unicyclesteve.com

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN.

See you all there,
Steve & Stu

--
steve.colligan

Once is NEVER enough!
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steve.colligan

6 places taken already - only 4 remaining.

http://www.unicyclesteve.com/

--
steve.colligan

Once is NEVER enough!
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 10:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nickjb

Should be good.

Severn are booked in, aren't we?

--
nickjb

*Severn Wheelers.* Bristol's best (and only) unicycle hockey club
Wednesdays, 8:30. All welcome
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 13th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GILD

I would bring a team, but I have tickets to see Jethro Tull that night.
In South Africa.

I missed them the last time they were here.
It's a long story, ask me one day when you're really bored.

Have a stunning tournament.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'unihoki'
(http://www.sinco.hu/data/pic/size_1/..._061007_26.jpg)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx) 'mikefule'
(http://tinyurl.com/yh6vna) 'bluntrm' (http://tinyurl.com/2bq8ol)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 14th 07, 12:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steve.colligan

7 places taken - 3 remaining

http://www.unicyclesteve.com/

--
steve.colligan

Once is NEVER enough!
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steve.colligan

Just heard from the HuHa's (Horsham) and they'll be taking the 8th
spot.

Cambridge should be confirming this week also.

This means that the one remaining place will be up for grabs.

I've tried contacting Cardiff, but no reply. If anyone has contacts
with Cardiff, then please ask them to book their place, if they're
available, ASAP.

From Friday we'll be accepting a 'B' team to take that 10th spot, as we
don't have enough scratch players to form a team.

Steve

--
steve.colligan

Once is NEVER enough!
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Fool

An email requesting Cardiff's place is on route.

Jethro Tull are good fun live.

Alex

--
Fool

The jester of this courtyard
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 19th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steve.colligan

Fool wrote:
An email requesting Cardiff's place is on route.
Alex

Thanks for that Alex.
Cardiff have now taken the 9th spot. Just waiting on Cambridge to fill
things up.

Steve

'Hockey Tournament 10th November - confirmed teams'
(http://tinyurl.com/yofn7o)

--
steve.colligan

Once is NEVER enough!
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 20th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steve.colligan

All places have now been taken.

This is how they line up:

1. DUCs
2. Stockton
3. LUnis
4. EMUs
5. Southampton
6. Tholthorpe
7. Severn Wheelers
8. HuHas (Horsham)
9. Cardiff
10. Cambridge

All teams now need to confirm their place by 'sending me some money '
(http://tinyurl.com/yofn7o)- Sorry

Steve

--
steve.colligan

Once is NEVER enough!
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 20th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hal.Verde

As an estranged Scouser now living in London and absolutely desperate to
take up Uni Hockey, I'll probably time a trip home to coincide with the
tournament so I can come and take a look. It should be possible for me
to be able to spectate, right?

--
Hal.Verde
http://www.usenet.com