new hub

Old April 10th 04, 12:11 AM
juggling_guy

Default new hub

On a lighter note to the previos thread, i was thinking of up grading my
hub becasue my confidence is building especially since i invested in the
661 pads so i need my uni to keep up,

i have a niumbus trials so the nimbus frame if thats gunna help make
choices, but then what about cranks do they need to be the same as the
hub or can i keep my old ones? and then how do i atach my new hub or us
it cum wiv instructions or will the local bike shop do it.

thanks the juggler

--
juggling_guy
juggling_guy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5954

Old April 10th 04, 12:49 AM
dubmuni2004

If I were you I would be too lazy to install a new hub myself and I
would just have the bike shop do it. I dont see whats the big deal with
hubs these days but what everybody says is that you need a good hub, so
whatever. I dont know what kind of cranks you have on it right now, but
I reccomend getting some KH, or profiles from unicycle.com. then if you
want a hub then get the KH, or the potanzer or something high end.

--
dubmuni2004 - Aaron Dubois

I dont have a signature
dubmuni2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5837

Old April 10th 04, 12:59 AM
evilewan

nooooooooo, not the bike shop nooooo.

get somebody who knows one end of a unicycle from the other, like roger
& co at unicycle.com

seriously i've had bad things happen to my unicycle in the hands of
seemingly competent bike mechanics.

--
evilewan - death or glory

--
evilewan.

see the rec.sport.unicycling maintainance FAQ @
http://evilewan.unicyclist.com/
evilewan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1047

Old April 10th 04, 01:49 PM
U-Turn

If you're in the USA you are welcome to PM me and we can talk about your
needs. I do custom work on unicycles only and work with all wheel sizes
and types. You'll get the highest quality work.

--
U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton