How to fall off a Coker

Old April 9th 04, 07:41 PM
Frank A.

Default How to fall off a Coker

All of this dialogue about planning your landing during a Coker UPD is
good I suppose when you have warning that you are going to go down. On
pavement I've done the knee gaurd/wrist gaurd slide and I can remember
one fall in particular when I had the time to aim for the grass. I was
able to make it with the left half of my body while the right half got
the sidewalk.
Alot of the time you can land on your feet and the run out works well.
There's also the attempted run out that turns into a dive/slide when
your feet just can't catch up.
Then there's the fall that gives no warning, etc., etc., etc....
(ouch!)

- Frank

--
Frank A. - off-everything

"Man's maturity: to have regained the seriousness that he had as a child
at play." - FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE, Beyond Good and Evil

Frank A.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1710

Old April 9th 04, 09:13 PM
vivalargo

30 years of rock climbing has taught me this: a fall happens so fast
that there's no time to think. However, if you have already programmed
your bean to perform a certain maneuver, like rolling, you will probably
do just that. So while I can't provide the best technique for falling
onto the street at speed, I can promise you that unless you already have
a technique in mind, with the intention of trying to perform it, you
will almost certainly react instinctively -- and come what may.
Visualizing a fall and how you'd like to execute this or that move will
go far in actually doing same if and when you go down.

JL

--
vivalargo
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

Old April 9th 04, 09:37 PM
treepotato

How to fall off a Coker

think i need 'How to get on a Coker'

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

Old April 10th 04, 02:25 PM
Jayne ZA

treepotato wrote:
*think i need 'How to get on a Coker'

*

Well, Miss Tree, unless you are a REALLY small little sapling with tiny
little branches (which you don't look like in your picture), as long as
you have a handy wall, pole, or friend within grabbing distance, getting
on a Coker really isn't a problem. Staying on, however, is not always
so easy .

Jayne

--
Jayne ZA - Learning to ride on a Coker

Being a statistician means never having to say you're certain

Jayne ZA's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4878

Old April 10th 04, 02:54 PM
James_Potter

Jayne ZA wrote:
*
Well, Miss Tree, unless you are a REALLY small little sapling with
tiny little branches (which you don't look like in your picture)*

In her picture, she looks like a tiny dancing stick person. That would
make it even harder to mount.

--
James_Potter - ***** ***** *****

-Crap, Crap, Crap!!-