torker unistar opinion

Old April 10th 04, 03:56 PM
tylercox

Default torker unistar opinion

What is your opinion on a Torker Unistar CX 20"? Give me ALL the info
you have, please. Is it too weak? Good? I am using it for just
street riding and about 6" drops on curb dropping. What do you think?

--
tylercox - 10-year-old Unidude
tylercox's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120

Old April 10th 04, 04:32 PM
Rayden

I think that one comes with a really gross seat. Spend a few dollars
more and get the LX.

--
Rayden
Rayden's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/264

Old April 10th 04, 04:38 PM
gpickett00

Ive never ridden either, but from what i hear, if you want to do trials
definitely dont get it. If you plan on doing drops over a couple feet
than its probably not a good option. But the LX may be a reasonable
option for you because you are 10 years old. And you most likely dont
weigh too much. How much do you weigh?

--
gpickett00 - Level 3.7

Bicycle is just a short way of saying unicycle with a training wheel.
'Our unicycling videos' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv95)

gpickett00's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5654

Old April 10th 04, 05:15 PM
mscalisi

gpickett00 wrote:
*Ive never ridden either, but from what i hear, if you want to do
trials definitely dont get it. If you plan on doing drops over a
couple feet than its probably not a good option. But the LX may be a
reasonable option for you because you are 10 years old. And you most
likely dont weigh too much. How much do you weigh? *

I think it will withstand 6 INCH drops just fine :-)

--
mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Old April 10th 04, 07:41 PM
bugman

I have one and have done many 8-10 inch drops off of curbs on it. I am
170lbs and haven't hurt it a bit. If you get into trials, you may want
something more stout. I think it is a solid starter uni. I still use
it for fooling around indoors, but have upgraded to a Summit(which is no
longer available) for outdoors. If you want something inexpensive to
learn on and wear out, this is a good deal.

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

Old April 11th 04, 03:03 AM
UNImidget

I've just recently started unicycling (a few months) and I learnt and
still use a Torker... In fact... I've only ever tried a few other unis
so my opinion probably doesn't count for much.

--
UNImidget - The one, the only, UNImidget

"Are you gonna join the circus?"

"I'm not THAT short!"
UNImidget's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6144