Unicycle Hockey London UK - New venue

Old November 15th 05, 09:46 PM
paul royle

Default Unicycle Hockey London UK - New venue

The Lunis have been homeless since the summer when we lost the use of
the hall where we used to play in Tufnell park. This Thursday (17th)
we're trying out a new venue, the 'Westway Sports Centre'
(http://www.westway.org/sports/wsc/basketball) near Westbourne Park. If
anyone wants to come and join us you'll be more than welcome.

We've got the netball court booked from 9 til 10pm, it's a bit late but
it's all they had. We're meeting at the sports centre reception at
8:45, if you're late or can't find us give my mobile a call, 07976
732723.

Paul

--
paul royle
paul royle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5572

Old November 16th 05, 09:40 AM
paul royle

bump...

Old November 16th 05, 11:16 AM
joemarshall

Is that the outdoor courts actually under the westway?

Floodlit outdoor courts are cool for hockey, you don't get so hot
outside and they're usually way cheaper than booking sports halls. Plus
you get the added variety that is all weather play.

Post up if you're making it a regular thing, it'd be cool to come down
some point and play, especially if it's on a thursday night, what with
it being closer to the weekend than tuesday. I've been meaning to come
down and do some muni-ing anyway.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

Old November 16th 05, 04:47 PM
GILD

Good to hear you found a new venue.
I trust it will serve you well.
Any chance of a Luni presence at 'EJC 2006' (http://tinyurl.com/c26en)?

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'map'
(http://www.frappr.com/unicycleworld)
'\\"freedom is just chaos, with better lighting.\\" entropy'
(http://tinyurl.com/77lom)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purp...ld-in-time.php)

Old November 16th 05, 05:25 PM
antatack

We can play again!!!

--
antatack
antatack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7056

Old November 16th 05, 11:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Joe, it is the outdoor courts underneath the Westway, I've played a bit
of 5 a side there with work, and it's OK considering it's underneath a
motorway!

Gild, there might be a Luni presence at EJC, I guess it depends on
whether people can get enough time off work to do EJC *and* UNICON. So
much uni stuff so close to home next year!

Paul

Old November 17th 05, 01:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Excellent! will this be a regular timeslot?

--
mikepenton
mikepenton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7090

Old November 17th 05, 01:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I'm hoping to try and get it a little earlier in future. 8:00 would be
better for most of us, but unfortunately 9:00 was all they had this
week.

Paul

Old November 18th 05, 10:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

How did it go at Westway last night?

--
sarah.miller

South West Unicycle Meet
www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694

Old November 18th 05, 11:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

It was great, the court seems massive - it can't be much bigger than our
old court. It's tarmac, but flat and smooth. The steel mesh walls make
for interesting rebound shots, sometimes the ball comes straight back!

Only 5 of us made it in the end, Jonny, Antoine, Charlie, Kelly and me,
hopefully next week we'll get a few more players.

I've booked the court for 9pm next Thursday, the 24th, unfortunately I
couldn't get an earlier slot, it would be great to see some more
players next week, it doesn't matter if you've never played before,
come along and have a go.

Paul