scott nitrous 20

Old February 15th 05, 05:38 PM
david

Default scott nitrous 20

Hi guys, I'm going to buy a new mtb and I found a good deal for a new Scott
Nitrous 20, but I'm not sure about the performances of this bike in the
trails, do you have any suggestion on that?
hi thanks for any help
David

Old February 16th 05, 01:36 AM
Dave

david wrote:
Hi guys, I'm going to buy a new mtb and I found a good deal for a new Scott
Nitrous 20, but I'm not sure about the performances of this bike in the
trails, do you have any suggestion on that?
hi thanks for any help
David

I checked it out at the ScottUSA website. They don't say what the rear
shock is just that the travel is convertible from 150/170mm travel.
From the photo it looks like it is a single pivot design. I've never
heard too many bad things about Scott bicycles so I would imagine if you
are happy with the rear suspension, the bike will serve you well.

Did you take it out for a test run? Did it have much PIB under heavy
pedaling?

Peace.

--
David R Marlborough
DJ Mackelicious
Old February 16th 05, 08:40 AM
david

Actually I've not bought this bike yet, they didn't have one ready at the
shop, it just impressed me that is not so expensive. I heard that marzocchi
fork is good and rear shock as well, some other parts are not that good for
example the bottom bracket and crankset are both the cheapest sh.
deore...however in the tests from the mtb-journals they say it's not a bad
bike, maybe not at the level of a top one but it'll do the job...in the next
days I'll decide what to do.
Bye
david

"Dave" ha scritto nel messaggio
david wrote:
Hi guys, I'm going to buy a new mtb and I found a good deal for a new

Scott
Nitrous 20, but I'm not sure about the performances of this bike in the
trails, do you have any suggestion on that?
hi thanks for any help
David

I checked it out at the ScottUSA website. They don't say what the rear
shock is just that the travel is convertible from 150/170mm travel.
From the photo it looks like it is a single pivot design. I've never

Old February 16th 05, 03:54 PM
david

Hi, I'm just back from the shop I ordered the bike, probably it arrives in
few days, the rear shock is a new manitou metel coil RP, and the fork is a
"special" Marz.Fr3 150mm that comes with rebound adj. and ETA, so has
actually all fr1 features but has a cheaper SSV cartridge, the brakes are
the classic Hayes 9 with 203mm disks, the only questionable component is the
deore crankset, will it last? the guy told me that looking the bike live is
much better than on the pics, and the weight is 16,5kg, that is a reasonable
one for a freeride bike... we shall see how it goes
My old bike was a Fuji adventure SL with many top of the line components
(xtr, truvativ stylo team, RS psylo sl ecc...) it was a good bike, but I
wanted to feel more comfortable in rough downhills, for sure probably I will
have to sweat a little bit more in uphills!
bye
david

"treefrog" ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi David,

A friend of mine has got one of these. They are fantastic.... although

I'd
recomend putting an SPV shock on there. They're have very light frames to,
so with a stable rear shock, a bit of XC isn't out of the question. He
upgraded to Mini's before it's first outing but the Shimano Deore brakes
that come with it are very, very good. I have them on my Liquid.

The rear shock (x-fusion, I think) that comes with it is indeed good and
very plush, moreso than most "branded" shocks, but for any kind of

pedaling,
especially uphill, it just has too much bob. He now runs a Manitou swinger
3-way and it feels much better. But I suppose that's down to the kind of
riding you'll be doing.

Cheers,

Treefrog

david wrote:
Hi guys, I'm going to buy a new mtb and I found a good deal for a

new
Scott
Nitrous 20, but I'm not sure about the performances of this bike in

the
trails, do you have any suggestion on that?
hi thanks for any help
David

I checked it out at the ScottUSA website. They don't say what the

rear
shock is just that the travel is convertible from 150/170mm travel.
From the photo it looks like it is a single pivot design. I've never

Old February 16th 05, 06:01 PM
Dave

treefrog wrote:
the brakes are
the classic Hayes 9 with 203mm disks

Noooooooooo.

Well, they might last a few weeks....

Its cool. With the money he is saving he can look forward to a few
upgrades down the road as needed. First would be the breaks for sure
and second would be to hit up the drivetrain.

Peace.