From Hero to Zero

Old February 25th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default From Hero to Zero

Was the toast of the country when he wore the Yellow Jersey. The
Colombian President invited him over for dinner, and now look at
him....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...eb07/feb25news

Peña back in Europe
After some administrative problems, Colombian rider Victor Hugo Peña
is back in Europe. He was finally issued a Visa to relocate for the
season, in which he will be riding for team Unibet.com. Since the
presentation of their new team in January, Victor Peña and Rigoberto
Uran were back in Colombia to apply for a working Visa, but not
without difficulty. Finally, the Belgian government accepted to give a
Visa to the rider and his family after he had produced all the legal
documentation.

"For me and other Colombian riders, every year can be like a training
ride out on the bike to climb a big mountain to find a visa to race in
Europe," Peña said. "The governments need more and more requirements
and the Colombia sports institutions only give us a certification to
present in the consulates, then we wait two or three weeks for an
appointment. I hope that the European governments understand that
athletes are persons with the same rights to receive a Visa and let us
do our jobs."

The New American Hero B. Lafferty Racing 47 July 28th 06 03:20 PM
Who is This Guy's Hero? Frank Drackman Racing 5 June 6th 06 07:51 PM
Boris. What a hero. Al C-F UK 14 March 20th 06 02:26 PM
Zero to Hero Callas UK 1 August 10th 04 10:56 AM