Mike Vandeman, Edward Dolan, His Highness

Old October 30th 10, 06:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
petesalomone

Default Mike Vandeman, Edward Dolan, His Highness

Mike Vandeman, Edward Dolan, His Highness:

A few years ago my ISP stopped carrying news groups. I kind of missed
reading rbr, so I found a new source. When I stopped reading the news
groups there was just Mickey V incessantly posting. I had a Mickey V
filter trashing his postings. Now I see Edward Dolan & His Highness
have joined him.

Before I set up my superfluous circumlocution filter, I'll ask you
three: why aren't you out riding your bikes?

Pete
Old October 30th 10, 07:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

On 10/30/2010 12:44 PM, petesalomone wrote:
Mike Vandeman, Edward Dolan, His Highness:

A few years ago my ISP stopped carrying news groups. I kind of missed
reading rbr, so I found a new source. When I stopped reading the news
groups there was just Mickey V incessantly posting. I had a Mickey V
filter trashing his postings. Now I see Edward Dolan & His Highness have
joined him.

Before I set up my superfluous circumlocution filter, I'll ask you
three: why aren't you out riding your bikes?

Pete

Mr. Ed Dolan is an old coot.

TM actually hates cyclists and wants to scare them off the road.

Mikey V. prefers wielding his HANDSAW to riding a bicycle.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old October 30th 10, 08:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"petesalomone" wrote in message
Mike Vandeman, Edward Dolan, His Highness:

A few years ago my ISP stopped carrying news groups. I kind of missed
reading rbr, so I found a new source. When I stopped reading the news
groups there was just Mickey V incessantly posting. I had a Mickey V
filter trashing his postings. Now I see Edward Dolan & His Highness have
joined him.

Before I set up my superfluous circumlocution filter, I'll ask you three:
why aren't you out riding your bikes?

I think you mean RBS, not RBR.

The 3 of us are here for different purposes. Mr. Vandeman is a saint with a
sacred mission. He means to inform the world of the evils of mountain
biking. TM is here because he is a simpleton and an asshole-idiot. He does
not know why the hell he is even in this world. I am here to kick ass that
needs to be kicked. Tom Sherman's sorry ass is always first and foremost on
my radar. Make sure that yours isn't by not posting inanities.

Glad I was able to clear things up for you.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old October 30th 10, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman °_°" wrote in message
On 10/30/2010 12:44 PM, petesalomone wrote:
Mike Vandeman, Edward Dolan, His Highness:

A few years ago my ISP stopped carrying news groups. I kind of missed
reading rbr, so I found a new source. When I stopped reading the news
groups there was just Mickey V incessantly posting. I had a Mickey V
filter trashing his postings. Now I see Edward Dolan & His Highness have
joined him.

Before I set up my superfluous circumlocution filter, I'll ask you
three: why aren't you out riding your bikes?

Pete

Mr. Ed Dolan is an old coot.

Ed Dolan the Great is ... simply GREAT! That is all anyone ever has to know!

TM actually hates cyclists and wants to scare them off the road.

TM is a simpleton and an asshole-idiot who has **** for brains!

Mikey V. prefers wielding his HANDSAW to riding a bicycle.

Mr. Vandeman is saintly and great, almost on MY level. But let's face it, no
one in this world is on MY level.

Mr. Tom Sherman neglected to describe himself, but that is what I am here
for. He is a liberal scofflaw who harbors treason in his soul. Also, he is a
man lacking in culture. He equates Beethoven's Wellington's Victory with the
late sonatas and the last quartets. Folks, it doesn't get any dumber than
that!

Old October 31st 10, 03:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Just Plan Burr" wrote in message
.. .

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

I ride 100 miles a week.

Burr

You need to fide your bike less and spend more time learning how to post to
a newsgroup. One thing we don't need here are more dumb *******s like you.

Old November 1st 10, 05:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Jym Dyer

=v= Dolan and banana-for-brains are the source of most of the
worthless blather in the bicycle newsgroups. Since neither
of them post anything worth reading, you can filter them out,
of course, though there are others who participate in these
moronic discussions who, in other threads, write stuff that's
worth reading.

=v= I have a particularly powerful newsreader (Emacs Gnus),
so I can filter out entire threads based on the Message-IDs
of the participants. Dolan, thankfully, has Message-IDs
that are unique to him. His Stonedness, unfortunately, uses
Google Groups and thus has Message-IDs that are very common.
It's a problem because the dozens of moronic threads we wade
through each day are usually started by him.

=v= Another thing you can filter on is whether something has
been cross-posted to a bunch of newsgroups. Messages like
that are generally the work of King Ape****, and are best
off *plonk*ed.

=v= You end up with a newsgroup that his little traffic, but
it's mostly on-topic. Which is the real shame of this mess:
these two have driven most participants away,
_Jym_

Old November 1st 10, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"Jym Dyer" wrote in message
=v= Dolan and banana-for-brains are the source of most of the
worthless blather in the bicycle newsgroups. Since neither
of them post anything worth reading, you can filter them out,
of course, though there are others who participate in these
moronic discussions who, in other threads, write stuff that's
worth reading.

Never read my responses to TM. They are insults fit only for him. I am
trying to prevent newbies from responding. Otherwise, the situation would be
even worse than it presently is.

=v= I have a particularly powerful newsreader (Emacs Gnus),
so I can filter out entire threads based on the Message-IDs
of the participants. Dolan, thankfully, has Message-IDs
that are unique to him. His Stonedness, unfortunately, uses
Google Groups and thus has Message-IDs that are very common.
It's a problem because the dozens of moronic threads we wade
through each day are usually started by him.

Bingo! What the hell do you think I am trying to do except get rid of that
god damn stupid son of a bitch ****ing asshole idiot!

=v= Another thing you can filter on is whether something has
been cross-posted to a bunch of newsgroups. Messages like
that are generally the work of King Ape****, and are best
off *plonk*ed.

=v= You end up with a newsgroup that his little traffic, but
it's mostly on-topic. Which is the real shame of this mess:
these two have driven most participants away,
_Jym_

These cycling newsgroups are mostly dead because of kill-filers. Instead of
fighting the good fight, you run away and thereby allow TM to post nothing
but ****. As far as I know, I am the only one here kicking his dumb ass. If
there were more of us doing what I am doing, that asshole-idiot, who has
**** for brains, would soon be gone for greener pastures elsewhere.

Frankly, we get the kind of newsgroup we deserve. If we are getting nothing
but **** from the likes of TM, that is because we deserve it. If you want a
decent newsgroup, then you have to fight for it. One reason I have such
contempt for Tom Sherman and his ilk is because they will never defend the
group from predators like TM. Instead, when the going gets rough, they run
and hide and then blather about how wonderful it is to kill-file. That is
precisely the sort of thing that will kill a small newsgroup like RBS.

It is passing curious to me as to why ANYONE would want to belong to a group
that one would not defend.

Old November 3rd 10, 01:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Nov 1, 4:30*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Jym Dyer" wrote in message

[...]

Truth be told, there are kill-fillers because of the like of you who
is largely responsbile for the death of newsgroups long before TM came
along..

Instead of
fighting the good fight, you run away and thereby allow TM to post nothing
but ****. As far as I know, I am the only one here kicking his dumb ass. If
there were more of us doing what I am doing, that asshole-idiot, who has
**** for *brains, would soon be gone for greener pastures elsewhere.

Your conclusion does not follow from the premise. Many have kicked
your dumb ass and you're still here. When you failed to leave, one by
one kill-filed you and you took became indignant and labeled them
cowards merely because you lost a member of your audience.

Old November 4th 10, 07:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Nov 1, 4:30 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Instead of
fighting the good fight, you run away and thereby allow TM to post nothing
but ****. As far as I know, I am the only one here kicking his dumb ass.
If
there were more of us doing what I am doing, that asshole-idiot, who has
**** for brains, would soon be gone for greener pastures elsewhere.

Your conclusion does not follow from the premise. Many have kicked

your dumb ass and you're still here. When you failed to leave, one by
one kill-filed you and you took became indignant and labeled them
cowards merely because you lost a member of your audience.

You are unable to discriminate between an asshole-idiot like TM and a genius
like MYSELF. The reason for this is because you verge on being an
asshole-idiot yourself.