SF's Legendary Bike Messengers Unveiled

Old December 15th 06, 01:50 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default SF's Legendary Bike Messengers Unveiled

Last July, I spent the better part of a day interviewing a few of the
legendary bike messengers who ply their trade in San Francisco. It
did not get produced as a podcast at the time because a lot of
priorities got changed when the one of a kind, 15-person
http://www.bikeroute.com/BusycleWestCoastBusycle ended up in my
driveway. It helped us end our 5th Annual Mayors' Ride in grand style
in the Golden Gate City on July 28 as we led the Critical Mass bike
ride up Market Street. And it has kept me jumping ever since. That
combined with a house and office move and all of the work of winding
down our national event and getting a new one started, my How
America Can Bike and Grow Rich tour, and I have not been able to
share this fun with you until now.

When I did the interviews, I set out to learn more about an
occupation that few people know very much about. Hopefully you will
go away with a better understanding of how what looks like glory and
fun to some, is a lot like any other kind of work where
responsibility, discipline, patience and people skills are important
keys to success.

The five different people, two women and three men, that I exchanged
with, in interviews that ranged from ten to fourteen minutes, all can
be heard by double clicking on each of their names below:

http://nationalbicyclegreenway.com/Podcasts/BikeMessengerJodi.mp3Jody
http://nationalbicyclegreenway.com/Podcasts/BikeMessengerLon.mp3Lon
http://nationalbicyclegreenway.com/Podcasts/BikeMessengerChrist7-06.mp3
Chris
http://nationalbicyclegreenway.com/Podcasts/BikeMessengerShark.mp3Shark
http://nationalbicyclegreenway.com/Podcasts/BikeMessengerWendy.mp3Wendy

To hear Fast Freddy Markham, Big CIty Mayors, HiWheel cyclists,
bicycle company owners and activists, and etc, go to our NBG Mountain
Movers Podcast series by double clicking on the Podcast icon below

http://www.bikeroute.com/NBGPodcasts.php

z Martin Krieg "Awake Again" Author
http://www.BikeRoute.com/MKRIEG.HTML
'79 & '86 TransAmerica Bike Rides
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor
NBG Founding Director, HiWheel Cyclist