A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Racing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Hack or Hoax?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 16th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Nobody
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default Hack or Hoax?

What if the so called hack attack on the French lab was a
hoax meant to divert attention from other bigger problems?
I have seen no evidence so far regarding the "close
associate to Landis" who is being accused of the hack.

You say Hack, I say Cover Up.

dave
Ads
  #2  
Old November 16th 06, 11:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 601
Default Hack or Hoax?


Nobody wrote:
What if the so called hack attack on the French lab was a
hoax meant to divert attention from other bigger problems?
I have seen no evidence so far regarding the "close
associate to Landis" who is being accused of the hack.

You say Hack, I say Cover Up.

dave


Hacking is an often misused term. Maybe their computer guys are idiots
and they had file-sharing open to the world. That's like standing naked
at the open front door of your house and accusing the mailman of being
a peeping tom.

Joseph

  #3  
Old November 16th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 48
Default Hack or Hoax?


wrote in message
ups.com...

Nobody wrote:
What if the so called hack attack on the French lab was a
hoax meant to divert attention from other bigger problems?
I have seen no evidence so far regarding the "close
associate to Landis" who is being accused of the hack.

You say Hack, I say Cover Up.

dave


Hacking is an often misused term. Maybe their computer guys are idiots
and they had file-sharing open to the world. That's like standing naked
at the open front door of your house and accusing the mailman of being
a peeping tom.


A forged doc was published, so your analogy would be more like someone
forcing someone else at gunpoint to stand naked at the open front door and
then accusing that person of exhibitionism



  #4  
Old November 16th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 658
Default Hack or Hoax?


Mark wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Nobody wrote:
What if the so called hack attack on the French lab was a
hoax meant to divert attention from other bigger problems?
I have seen no evidence so far regarding the "close
associate to Landis" who is being accused of the hack.

You say Hack, I say Cover Up.

dave


Hacking is an often misused term. Maybe their computer guys are idiots
and they had file-sharing open to the world. That's like standing naked
at the open front door of your house and accusing the mailman of being
a peeping tom.


A forged doc was published, so your analogy would be more like someone
forcing someone else at gunpoint to stand naked at the open front door and
then accusing that person of exhibitionism


Could it be that Landis' lawyers hired some hackers to brake into some
files and create havoc and confusion?

Andre

  #5  
Old November 16th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 601
Default Hack or Hoax?


Mark wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Nobody wrote:
What if the so called hack attack on the French lab was a
hoax meant to divert attention from other bigger problems?
I have seen no evidence so far regarding the "close
associate to Landis" who is being accused of the hack.

You say Hack, I say Cover Up.

dave


Hacking is an often misused term. Maybe their computer guys are idiots
and they had file-sharing open to the world. That's like standing naked
at the open front door of your house and accusing the mailman of being
a peeping tom.


A forged doc was published, so your analogy would be more like someone
forcing someone else at gunpoint to stand naked at the open front door and
then accusing that person of exhibitionism


So if I make a fake reciept, that means I hacked the IRS's computer
system?

Joseph

  #6  
Old November 16th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,142
Default Hack or Hoax?

Andre wrote:

Could it be that Landis' lawyers hired some hackers to brake into some
files and create havoc and confusion?


Could be. It's not what happened, but it could be.

R

  #8  
Old November 17th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,092
Default Hack or Hoax?

Mark wrote:
wrote in message


Hacking is an often misused term. Maybe their computer guys are idiots
and they had file-sharing open to the world. That's like standing naked
at the open front door of your house and accusing the mailman of being
a peeping tom.


A forged doc was published, so your analogy would be more like someone
forcing someone else at gunpoint to stand naked at the open front door and
then accusing that person of exhibitionism


Where was a forged document published?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...v06/nov14news2

I see reports that fake or misleading documents were emailed
to a variety of people, but not published. It's also not clear if
somebody actually obtained internal documents to create
these fakes or just bounced stuff off a badly configured mail
server to make it look like it came from the LNDD. The latter
would generally be illegal, but not exactly "hacking."

Nobody's shown the evidence that it's due to an "associate"
of Landis - it could very well have been a fan of his, but does
"associate" include everyone from his lawyer to Burt
****ing Hoovis?

  #10  
Old November 17th 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 22
Default Hack or Hoax?


Its Burt Friggin' Hoovis, asswipe.

Get it straight.


wrote:
Mark wrote:
wrote in message


Hacking is an often misused term. Maybe their computer guys are idiots
and they had file-sharing open to the world. That's like standing naked
at the open front door of your house and accusing the mailman of being
a peeping tom.


A forged doc was published, so your analogy would be more like someone
forcing someone else at gunpoint to stand naked at the open front door and
then accusing that person of exhibitionism


Where was a forged document published?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...v06/nov14news2

I see reports that fake or misleading documents were emailed
to a variety of people, but not published. It's also not clear if
somebody actually obtained internal documents to create
these fakes or just bounced stuff off a badly configured mail
server to make it look like it came from the LNDD. The latter
would generally be illegal, but not exactly "hacking."

Nobody's shown the evidence that it's due to an "associate"
of Landis - it could very well have been a fan of his, but does
"associate" include everyone from his lawyer to Burt
****ing Hoovis?


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A new hack Tom UK 8 October 20th 06 07:23 PM
Pantani's Death a Hoax! gwhite Racing 0 March 22nd 05 02:40 AM
The Rebellin Hoax B. Lafferty Racing 40 November 12th 04 03:37 PM
The Rebellin Hoax B. Lafferty Racing 0 November 11th 04 12:35 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.