Armstrong threatened my life, claims LeMond

Old June 26th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Armstrong threatened my life, claims LeMond

Former Tour de France champion Greg LeMond has claimed that he was
threatened by fellow American Lance Armstrong for having criticised the
seven-time race winner's association with a doctor implicated in doping
affairs.

LeMond, who won the Tour de France in 1986, 1989, 1990, said that he had
come under pressure from Armstrong and his circle of friends after saying in
2001 that he was disappointed at the Texan cyclist's association with
Italian sports doctor Michele Ferrari.

LeMond said Sunday that the threats continued after 2001.

"Lance threatened me. He threatened my wife, my business, my life," LeMond
told French sports daily L'Equipe.

"His biggest threat consisted of saying that he (Armstrong) would find ten
people to testify that I took EPO," said LeMond, who was the first American
to win the Tour de France.

LeMond hit out at the international cycling union (UCI) for their failure to
deal with the problem of doping.

"This problem goes beyond Armstrong. The Spanish scandal (operation "Puerto"
which revealed a system of blood doping last month) is another example, the
entire system is corrupt," said LeMond, who also referred to the Vrijman
report, named after the expert commissioned by the UCI to probe the
accusations of doping against Armstrong.

"The report should have come from the world anti-doping agency (WADA, who
have criticised the report) or the French Ministry of Health. But it doesn't
change anything if you catch a rider because Lance is now retired and it
continues," added LeMond.

The 34-year-old Armstrong won seven straight Tour de France titles between
1999 and 2005 before retiring last year.

Armstrong dismissed as untrue reports Saturday that he told a doctor
treating him for cancer in 1996 that he had previously taken the banned
blood booster EPO, testosterone, growth hormones and cortisone.

Old June 26th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Lemond is such a ****ing whiney bitch. I can't believe I started riding
because of that guy. Has there ever been such a has been? He is the
epitome of "the older I get the faster I was," sadly enough given how
fast he really was. ****ing whiney bitch. Suck it up, Greg. You kicked
ass (with or without dope). Lance kicked more ass (with or without
dope).

-B

Old June 26th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Lemond is such a ****ing whiney bitch. I can't believe I started riding
because of that guy. Has there ever been such a has been? He is the
epitome of "the older I get the faster I was," sadly enough given how
fast he really was. ****ing whiney bitch. Suck it up, Greg. You kicked
ass (with or without dope). Lance kicked more ass (with or without
dope).

-B

Lance ready to kill.......think about that. Is that what Greg is
saying? How, with a shotgun, ....I don't think Greg really thought this
out. Did Lance actually say to Greg, "I'm going to kill you, if you say
such and such".

Old June 26th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Callistus Valerius says...

Former Tour de France champion Greg LeMond has claimed that he was
threatened by fellow American Lance Armstrong for having criticised the
seven-time race winner's association with a doctor implicated in doping
affairs.

Wow. He sounds like a nut case. Some of his accusations almost rang
true until now.
Old June 26th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Barnard Frederick wrote:
Callistus Valerius says...

Former Tour de France champion Greg LeMond has claimed that he was
threatened by fellow American Lance Armstrong for having criticised the
seven-time race winner's association with a doctor implicated in doping
affairs.

Wow. He sounds like a nut case. Some of his accusations almost rang
true until now.

From cycling news:

LeMond added that Armstrong as a person was consumed with ambition:
"He needs power - with money, or with women. He will never find
happiness."

Old June 26th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Yup, whiney bitch it is.

Old June 26th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Callistus Valerius wrote:
"Lance threatened me. He threatened my wife, my business, my life."

Lemond has a life?

Old June 26th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Barnard Frederick" wrote in message
.net...
Callistus Valerius says...

Former Tour de France champion Greg LeMond has claimed that he was
threatened by fellow American Lance Armstrong for having criticised the
seven-time race winner's association with a doctor implicated in doping
affairs.

Wow. He sounds like a nut case. Some of his accusations almost rang
true until now.

If a crime was committed, then Greg should have contacted the
authorities. Then a jury would weigh the evidence, and give their verdict.

Old June 26th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

From Wikipedia:

"In 2001, LeMond stirred up controversy, alleging that multiple-time
Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong might be doping to improve his
performance.[1] In July 2004, after additional Tour de France wins by
Armstrong, LeMond commented again, "If Armstrong's clean, it's the
greatest comeback. And if he's not, then it's the greatest fraud."[2]
He also declared "Lance is ready to do anything to keep his secret. I
don't know how he can continue to convince everybody of his innocence."
to newspaper Le Monde [3]."

Why would LeMond make his comments in 2004 if he *knew* Armstrong was
taking drugs.

Old June 26th 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Jack Maars wrote:
"Barnard Frederick" wrote in message
.net...

Callistus Valerius says...

Former Tour de France champion Greg LeMond has claimed that he was
threatened by fellow American Lance Armstrong for having criticised the
seven-time race winner's association with a doctor implicated in doping
affairs.

Wow. He sounds like a nut case. Some of his accusations almost rang
true until now.

No, Bill Stapleton is the one who is crazy now that things are in
major damage control mode. Stapleton is at the point where he
may put a hit out on someone.

Wait for this winter, I'm sure Matthew White is going to drop a
bomb with inside info about what went on at USPS.

OK, I guess I was asleep or something, so tell me - Why is Matthew White
the one most likely to know or most likely to tell? What makes him the one?

Mark