Four wheel drive run over.

Old May 2nd 05, 12:24 PM
Marty

Default Four wheel drive run over.

This is an incident that occured near my workplace.
I thought it might appeal to some of you that get a hard time from car
drivers.

Have a look here.

http://hyperactive.oz.nf/Truck/Nissan.htm

Marty
Old May 2nd 05, 12:35 PM
TimC

On Mon, 02 May 2005 at 11:24 GMT, Marty (aka Bruce)
This is an incident that occured near my workplace.
I thought it might appeal to some of you that get a hard time from car
drivers.

Have a look here.

http://hyperactive.oz.nf/Truck/Nissan.htm

Fuggen hell. That's a big toy. Even I am drooling over that one.

We are no longer the knights who say "ni"
We are the knights who say "icky icky (Comet) Ikeya-Zhang zoooboing!"
--Lord Ender @ /.
Old May 2nd 05, 01:02 PM
Davidm

"Marty" wrote in message
This is an incident that occured near my workplace.
I thought it might appeal to some of you that get a hard time from car
drivers.

Hey Marty - was that at Muja? Hope the haulpac driver was OK...

There've been a few goodies there over the years.The past one I saw was a
Toyota, and the haulpac went right over the top. I don't think anyone was in
it at the time, but it squashed it flat as a pancake.

Cheers
David M

Old May 2nd 05, 01:03 PM
Terry Collins

Marty wrote:
This is an incident that occured near my workplace.
I thought it might appeal to some of you that get a hard time from car
drivers.

Have a look here.

http://hyperactive.oz.nf/Truck/Nissan.htm

Repeat after me "ALWAYS, always, always park in the designated parking
spots". Me wonders where the flashing safety light has gotten to (not
that that stops the same thing happening when people park on the roadway).

I notice that those photographs are not on their official gallery

http://www.griffincoal.com.au/Gallery.html
Old May 2nd 05, 04:54 PM
Marty

Terry Collins wrote:
Marty wrote:

This is an incident that occured near my workplace.
I thought it might appeal to some of you that get a hard time from car
drivers.

Have a look here.

http://hyperactive.oz.nf/Truck/Nissan.htm

Repeat after me "ALWAYS, always, always park in the designated parking
spots". Me wonders where the flashing safety light has gotten to (not
that that stops the same thing happening when people park on the roadway).

I notice that those photographs are not on their official gallery

http://www.griffincoal.com.au/Gallery.html

Not long after that I went to an induction course which we have to
repeat each year. The guy that ran the induction course told us that you
never park on the drivers right hand side at the front. The trucks are
left hand drive and the right front is a blind spot. When the
supervisors went down to check out the site the next day where did they
park? In the front right hand side! (Roll eyes..)

Rule number two is you ALWAYS give way to these trucks at an intersection.

Marty
Old May 2nd 05, 04:57 PM
Marty

Davidm wrote:
"Marty" wrote in message

This is an incident that occured near my workplace.
I thought it might appeal to some of you that get a hard time from car
drivers.

Hey Marty - was that at Muja? Hope the haulpac driver was OK...

There've been a few goodies there over the years.The past one I saw was a
Toyota, and the haulpac went right over the top. I don't think anyone was in
it at the time, but it squashed it flat as a pancake.

Cheers
David M

Hi Dave

Another good one is the scraper on the coal pile at Muja. About once
every two years someone rolls it over. It's a pretty big machine with an
engine in the front to pull it and another in the rear that pushes.
Looks like a huge bobtail goanna lying on it's back.

Marty
Old May 2nd 05, 10:35 PM
Nick Payne

A fairly common accident in mines. A long time ago I spent a couple of years
working in various mines in the Pilbara, and saw quite a few cars squashed
by dump trucks, and quite a few scrapers that were rolled by their cowboy
operators.

Nick

Old May 3rd 05, 09:49 AM
NoZX6R

Marty wrote:
This is an incident that occured near my workplace.
I thought it might appeal to some of you that get a hard time from car
drivers.

Have a look here.

http://hyperactive.oz.nf/Truck/Nissan.htm

Marty

Does that big yellow button on the dash say "retard regulator"?

Man would I love to have a retard regulator

--
Nick
Old May 3rd 05, 10:41 AM
flyingdutch

NoZX6R Wrote:

Does that big yellow button on the dash say "retard regulator"?

Man would I love to have a retard regulator

--
Nick

RAFLMAO

i think society already has one. its called 'footy' :rolleyes

--
flyingdutch

Old May 3rd 05, 11:25 AM
Brett

Marty wrote in :

http://www.griffincoal.com.au/Gallery.html

Not long after that I went to an induction course which we have to
repeat each year. The guy that ran the induction course told us that
you never park on the drivers right hand side at the front. The trucks
are left hand drive and the right front is a blind spot. When the
supervisors went down to check out the site the next day where did
they park? In the front right hand side! (Roll eyes..)

Rule number two is you ALWAYS give way to these trucks at an
intersection.

Marty

I had a boss once that managed to loose two cars in 3 weeks. Both times
he parked directly behind scrapers parked in a line (babies - only
621's). Both times the operator tried to back up and heard an unusual
scraping noise (the car roof) so stopped. One BMW and one Fairlane
(fair enough for the Fairlane.

Best so far is a guy that poked the noise of a troop carrier onto a haul
road (intersection is in a bit of a cutting). Had 4 guys in the back
and three in the front. I was sitting behind them. Just pokes the
noise out and thump a 190 tonner coming past at top speed (all of 40
mph). Haulpac didn't stop but it sheared the front off the troopie
right at the firewall. Almost as neat as a metal shears.

Ever had the chance to try either the haulpacs or scrapers out unloaded
on watered haul roads? The ultimate butt clenching oversteer/four wheel
drift fun available, unless caught by the safety officer.

Cheers

Brett

A little progress report and some questions... tylercox Unicycling 5 April 9th 05 04:08 AM
Snaping Spokes [email protected] Techniques 82 March 8th 05 04:34 PM
Strongest Coker Wheel in the World!!! Brian MacKenzie Unicycling 13 March 8th 05 01:42 AM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
"Liquid Drive" bike prototype at auction Chalo Techniques 87 December 3rd 03 05:41 AM