How to quit Marajuana

Old March 27th 05, 05:32 AM
Maintens, RN

Default How to quit Marajuana

Join them and find out why.........

http://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/Pages/12steps.html

The Twelve Steps of Marijuana Anonymous

The practice of rigorous honesty, of opening our hearts and minds, and the
willingness to go to any lengths to have a spiritual awakening are

essential
to our recovery.

Our old ideas and ways of life no longer work for us. Our suffering shows

us
that we need to let go absolutely. We surrender ourselves to a Power

greater
than ourselves.

Here are the steps we take which are suggested for recovery:

We admitted we were powerless over marijuana, that our lives had become
unmanageable.
Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to
sanity.

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as
we understood God.
Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature
of our wrongs.

Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.

Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make

amends
to them all.

Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so
would injure them or others.

Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly
admitted it.

Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with
God, as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us
and the power to carry that out.

Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to
carry this message to marijuana addicts and to practice these principles

in
all our affairs.

Do not be discouraged; none of us are saints. Our program is not easy, but
it is simple.

We strive for progress, not perfection.

Our experiences, before and after we entered recovery, teach us three
important ideas:

That we are marijuana addicts and cannot manage our own lives;

That probably no human power can relieve our addiction; and

That our Higher Power can and will if sought.

Where do you thing so called "Medical Pot" comes from? It comes from

ILLEGAL
DRUG TRAFFICKERS.

We need a regulated legal system for Medical Cannabis that works for the
patients here in Texas.
One example of a California organization that has been working on this
issue is: http://www.safeaccessnow.org/article...=type&type=129

And be aware folks, this poster has modified these articles. Just ask
him for the links to these to find out how deceptive he can be.

In deadly defence of 'BC bud'

By Sarah Kershaw
March 6, 2005

Four Mounties have become the latest victims of Canada's brutal drug

gangs.

The drugs move across the Canadian border stashed in drums of frozen
raspberries, tucked in shipments of crushed glass, woodchips and

sawdust, or
crammed into hollowed-out logs.

Kayakers paddle it south from British Columbia across the bays of

America's
north-west corner, and well-paid couriers carry up to 50 kilograms at

time
in makeshift backpacks, walking eight hours over the mountainous

terrain
that forms part of the western border between the United States and

Canada.

Small planes drop it in bags equipped with avalanche beacons to alert
traffickers that the drugs have landed.

The contraband is called BC bud, a highly potent form of marijuana

named
after the Canadian province where it is grown and which has become the
centre of what law-enforcement officials say is an increasingly

violent
$US7
billion ($A8.85 billion) cultivation and smuggling industry.

On Thursday, four officers of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police were

shot
dead in Alberta, British Columbia's neighbouring province, as they

were
searching a marijuana growing operation. Canada has not lost that many
officers at once since the 19th century.

Leigh H. Winchell, special agent in charge for US Immigration and

Customs
Enforcement, said the Alberta killings showed "how serious the BC bud

issue
is getting, how much money is involved and the lengths to which these
criminals are willing to go to protect it".

This new wave of drug trafficking, with north-western Washington state

and
Seattle a key transit point, is a challenge to US law-enforcement

agents
stationed along the often-invisible border between the two countries.

In
British Columbia, a rural province in a country that has long enjoyed

low
crime rate, the murder rate has soared in the past two years, Canadian
officials say, because of killings linked to warring drug gangs.
BC bud is grown in indoor nurseries stocked with sophisticated

lighting
and
ventilation equipment. Growers use hydroponic cultivation and

carefully
control the temperature, lighting and nutrients in a way that allows a
succession of crops to be grown throughout the year. The process

yields
drug that can be up to 10 times more potent than drugs coming in from

Mexico
and other countries, giving BC bud an almost mythic reputation on the
street.
- New York Times

Car guy wrote:

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmon...3e19c79&page=2

Cop Massacre changes political tone on Medical Marijuana in Canada

Deaths of RCMP officers fuel tough talk against crime, overwhelm

other
issues

Graham Thomson
The Edmonton Journal

March 5, 2005

It might yet become a huge political issue in the spring session of

the
Alberta Legislature, but nobody is willing to talk about it -- yet.
The murder of four RCMP officers in Mayerthorpe is still too fresh,

too
confusing, too horrific. But the Alberta Liberals have already subtly
suggested they're waiting to pounce on the government.

On Thursday, when word first reached the floor of the Assembly about

an
"incident" involving the RCMP and gunfire near Mayerthorpe, Liberal

Bruce

Miller expressed his respect and concern for the police. Then added:

"Now is

not the time to talk about issues that we must face in the future,

like

the

underfunding of our police service in Alberta and dealing with

gangs."

Was underfunding an issue in this shooting? Or gangs?

Everybody has a theory. Almost nobody has the facts. Grief is

clouding

the

air. Put them all together and you get the makings of an uneven

political

debate. That can be a dangerous thing. Emotionally driven debate is

the
political equivalent of running with scissors.

About all we know for sure as I write this is that four officers were
slaughtered. One police officer murdered is a tragedy. Four is a

calamity.

Something, somewhere in the system failed. And that makes it

political.

Already politicians at the provincial and federal levels are talking

about

getting tougher on crime.

"I am more committed than ever towards the dismantling of organized

crime in

every region of this province. In the immediate future I will be

presenting

a strategy to my government colleagues that will address this issue,"

said

Alberta Solicitor General Harvey Cenaiko, a former police officer

himself

who looks and sounds like he hasn't slept a wink since he got word of

the

shootings.

Some politicians are calling for tougher laws on guns or marijuana.

But

was

a marijuana grow op the catalyst here? How do you stop criminal

cop-haters

from getting guns?
Federal Liberals gathered in Ottawa for their first policy convention

in
five years heatedly debated the government's marijuana

decriminalization
legislation. At the same time, some politicians are wondering if

legalizing

marijuana would be a way to put the grow ops out of business.

Everything seemed much simpler and more innocent just a few days ago

when

the big issues were the use of government aircraft, more money for
post-secondary education and the grizzly bear hunt.

As recently as Wednesday morning, we all thought the United States

border

would be reopening to live Canadian cattle this coming Monday.

Premier

Ralph

Klein was planning to attend an "Open the Border Celebration" today

in
Cochrane.

On Wednesday afternoon, a U.S. judge bolted the border shut before it

even

had a chance to open. Klein complained about the politically driven
unfairness of it all. Of course, we have our man in Washington,

former
energy minister Murray Smith, who is referred to now as our "envoy"

the

U.S. capital. But what he is doing, or what he can do, is still a bit

of

mystery.

What isn't a mystery is the level of animosity developing in the

legislature

between the government Conservatives and the lone Alliance MLA, Paul

Hinman.

On Thursday, the Conservatives refused to give Hinman unanimous

consent

respond to Klein's ministerial statement on the border closure to

Canadian

beef. In the past the Conservatives have allowed opposition MLAs

without
official party status to respond to ministerial statements as a

courtesy.

But Hinman is neither well liked nor well respected by many

government
members. Some accuse him of showboating and want him taken down a

peg.
Others are still upset he defeated Broyce Jacobs, an MLA popular in

the

Tory

caucus.

They are not sympathetic to Hinman's fight for more time in question

period.

Hinman will be lucky to get one question a week because he's deemed

be a

simple MLA with no party status. Hinman wants one question a day. The
opposition Liberals and New Democrats would be happy to see Hinman

get

more

floor time because the right-wing Alliance is more a threat to the
government than it is to the centre-left parties.

Interestingly, there was a simmering debate among Tory MLAs earlier

this
week whether it's better for them to keep Hinman on a short leash or

give

him enough rope in question period to hang himself with his

right-wing
views.

That debate seems like something out of a different era -- a time

when

the

$7-billion BSE crisis seemed to be coming to an end and four RCMP

officers

had yet to pay a visit to what seemed to be a quiet farm near

Mayerthorpe.

Old March 27th 05, 06:36 AM
HooHa

Bush smokes Pot

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ijuana&spell=1

Tyler quit TdF while theaters full of his fans watched. crit pro Racing 4 November 12th 04 11:19 PM
Tyler quit TdF while theaters full of his fans watched. crit pro Racing 0 November 12th 04 11:06 PM
why did they quit? Callistus Valerius Racing 56 August 18th 04 01:59 PM
Im glad i quit gpickett00 Unicycling 36 August 7th 04 03:45 AM
Will Lance quit? Lindsay Racing 22 July 24th 03 01:10 AM