At last, a credit card for the Serious Cyclist!

Old April 1st 05, 06:14 AM
Sheldon Brown

Default At last, a credit card for the Serious Cyclist!

Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the common
folk?

Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!

Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

Don't Wait!

Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

Old April 1st 05, 08:09 AM
Richard Goodman

Sheldon Brown" wrote in message
Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the common
folk?

Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!

Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

Don't Wait!

LOL, love it. I want one. But there's no 'Submit' button on your
application form for me to send you my details

Rich

Old April 1st 05, 08:34 AM
Tony Raven

Richard Goodman wrote:
Sheldon Brown" wrote in message

Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the common
folk?

Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!

Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

Don't Wait!

LOL, love it. I want one. But there's no 'Submit' button on your
application form for me to send you my details

Worked for me. They obviously have an advanced interface that detects
whether you're a Real Cyclist or a hoi polloi poseur. You obviously
failed the test Richard whereas I.....

Tony ;-)

Old April 1st 05, 08:52 AM
Alan Braggins

In article , Sheldon Brown wrote:
Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the common
folk?

Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!
Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

Titanium? Surely carbon is the new black?
Old April 1st 05, 09:18 AM
Brian G

Sheldon Brown wrote:
Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the common
folk?

Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!

Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

Don't Wait!

Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

Ho no, I'm not applying yet. I'll wait a while to see how it goes. I
mean, the form was only set up today...

--
Brian G
Old April 1st 05, 09:22 AM
Robert Bruce

Alan Braggins wrote:
In article , Sheldon Brown wrote:
Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the
common folk?

Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!
Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

Titanium? Surely carbon is the new black?

My credit card is already made of an advanced carbon composite very similar
to those used for the brake levers of those supermarket full sus pretend
MTBs.

Rob

Old April 1st 05, 09:23 AM
Richard Bates

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 00:14:35 -0500, Sheldon Brown
wrote:

Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the common
folk?

Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!

Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

There is a missed opportunity to incorporate a spoke key into the edge
of the card, and how about making the drillings different sizes of
hexagonal spanner?

--
Microsoft Sam speaks his mind:
www.artybee.net/sam_speaks_his_mind.mp3
Old April 1st 05, 09:36 AM
Tony Raven

Brian G wrote:

Ho no, I'm not applying yet. I'll wait a while to see how it goes. I
mean, the form was only set up today...

You're not suggesting that Sheldon has gone phishing are you?

Tony
Old April 1st 05, 10:27 AM
Tony W

wrote:

Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the common
folk?

Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!

Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

There is a missed opportunity to incorporate a spoke key into the edge
of the card, and how about making the drillings different sizes of
hexagonal spanner?

Surely that would defeat the objective of credit card touring. After all, a
true credit card tourist would get an oik from the nearest LBS to come out
and make any necessary adjustments to his bike. One could not get one's
hands dirty.

:~)

Old April 1st 05, 12:28 PM
Alan Braggins

In article , Robert Bruce wrote:
Alan Braggins wrote:
In article , Sheldon Brown wrote:
Are you still using plain, general purpose credit cards like the
common folk?

Time to upgrade to FasterCard Titanium!
Check http://sheldonbrown.com/fastercard for details NOW!

Titanium? Surely carbon is the new black?

My credit card is already made of an advanced carbon composite very similar
to those used for the brake levers of those supermarket full sus pretend
MTBs.

But think how much sexier it would look covered in carbon-look sticky
black plastic as used on the frames of the same supermarket bike.
http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/blackcard.asp
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2069758.stm