Lost rivets on Brooks B-73

Old June 24th 04, 03:18 AM
Werehatrack

Default Lost rivets on Brooks B-73

On 23 Jun 2004 13:14:52 -0700, (Keven Ruf) wrote:

I lost my saddle nose rivets and now I have an inelegant zip tie
holding the saddle onto the nose piece. Suggestions for a real fix?
Are rivets available? Are they installable?

Pop rivets might work, but you may have to do a little remedial filing
on them to insure that there are no shorts-snagging burrs.
Conventional rivets are not hard to get; leather supply places carry
the rivets and the tools. If you live in an area with a lot of
horses, take the saddle to a place that does tack repair; they'll
probably replace those rivets in a few minutes for not too high of a
cost.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Surrealism is a pectinated ranzel.
Old June 24th 04, 04:45 AM
Ken Pisichko

Werehatrack wrote:

Conventional rivets are not hard to get; leather supply places carry
the rivets and the tools. If you live in an area with a lot of
horses, take the saddle to a place that does tack repair; they'll
probably replace those rivets in a few minutes for not too high of a
cost.

A "place" that does canvas work might also do the job. In rural western
Canada there are "canvas works" that do repairs on canvas "belts" used on
some harvesting and bailing machines that use canvas. They use copper
rivets - or at least used to over 10 years ago when I last saw such work
done.

Old June 24th 04, 11:28 PM
James Thomson

"Keven Ruf" wrote:

I lost my saddle nose rivets and now I have an inelegant zip tie
holding the saddle onto the nose piece. Suggestions for a real fix?
Are rivets available? Are they installable?

Brooks sell spares for their saddles, including springs, rails, and rivets.
In the United States, they're available from Wallingford:

http://www.wallbike.com/brooks/partsandaccessories.html
http://www.wallbike.com/accessories/rivets.html

though I expect any Brooks dealer could obtain them. I can't offer advice
on fitting them, never having had to do so.

James Thomson

Old June 25th 04, 01:03 AM
Werehatrack

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:28:33 +0200, "James Thomson"
wrote:

Brooks sell spares for their saddles, including springs, rails, and rivets.
In the United States, they're available from Wallingford:

http://www.wallbike.com/brooks/partsandaccessories.html
http://www.wallbike.com/accessories/rivets.html

Thanks; I had been looking for a source for some of those items.