It seems we are all Jewish. Should I worry about it?

Old February 2nd 13, 09:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
simon

Default It seems we are all Jewish. Should I worry about it?

New dessign . new monton cycling clothing products will shelves in monton official retail website www.monotn4cycling.com after the Chinese New Year,at that time our new style jersey will give a surprise all friends who like monton cycling clothing , ensure you will like our products.
Old February 3rd 13, 03:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

This thread is hilarious. Thanks for bringing sanity to it, Jay. -- Andre Jute

Old February 3rd 13, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Wes Groleau

On 02-03-2013 10:42, Andre Jute wrote:
This thread is hilarious. Thanks for bringing sanity to it, Jay. -- Andre Jute

I thought it was amazing how many words flood out when people respond to
a troll.

--
Wes Groleau

Pat's Polemics
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.org/barrett
Old February 3rd 13, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Feb 3, 1:29*pm, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 02-03-2013 10:42, Andre Jute wrote:

This thread is hilarious. Thanks for bringing sanity to it, Jay. -- Andre Jute

I thought it was amazing how many words flood out when people respond to
a troll.

Hey, its fun sometimes to just yak, and since there is nothing new
under the sun tech-wise, why not? Monkey-boy starts so many threads,
might as well use one for reminiscing.

Here's some tech content. My front derailleur was making this
terrible chain-rub noise that wouldn't go away with lever adjustment,
so I got off my bike, took out my pocket tool, re-set the derailleur
(it probably got bashed in the racks at work), re-installed the cable
-- and it was perfect. I had a flat a few weeks ago that I fixed. I
built my wheels, and they're still true. Boiled linseed oil IS the way
to go.

Aha! Here's something I learned from my riding buddy while cruising
along the Clackamas River this morning. He said that Velo (News . . .
too much wind noise, I didn't catch the full name of the publication)
did a test of all the chain lubricants by running identical chains on
some test rig, and the lubricant the provided the longest lasting
lubrication was . . . (drum roll) . . . parafin. That's when I zoned
out. I will not spend more than 30 seconds caring for my chain, and
that 30 seconds is usually spraying some slippery substance with wild
abandon -- anything slippery. I was hoping the winner was salad oil
or WD40 or 10W30 -- something cheap and simple, but no, it had to be a
half-day cooking project.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old February 3rd 13, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom $herman

On 2/3/2013 4:19 PM, Jay Beattie wrote:
Aha! Here's something I learned from my riding buddy while cruising
along the Clackamas River this morning. He said that Velo (News . . .
too much wind noise, I didn't catch the full name of the publication)

Have you tried these?

http://www.cat-ears.com/

--
Tom $herman
Old February 3rd 13, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 04/02/13 09:19, Jay Beattie wrote:

Here's some tech content. My front derailleur was making this
terrible chain-rub noise that wouldn't go away with lever adjustment,
so I got off my bike, took out my pocket tool, re-set the derailleur
(it probably got bashed in the racks at work), re-installed the cable
-- and it was perfect. I had a flat a few weeks ago that I fixed. I
built my wheels, and they're still true. Boiled linseed oil IS the way
to go.

I still like Fisholene for soft thread glue and lube. The wheels I
built are doing fine also.

--
JS
Old February 4th 13, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

On Sun, 3 Feb 2013 14:19:52 -0800 (PST), Jay Beattie
wrote:

[...]

There is a problem here. Is that British paraffin, or American
paraffin?
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old February 4th 13, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 04/02/13 11:39, John B. wrote:

There is a problem here. Is that British paraffin, or American
paraffin?

Can we discuss swallows next?

--
JS.
Old February 4th 13, 01:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom $herman

wrote:

[...]

USian paraffin.

--
Tom $herman
Old February 4th 13, 01:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom $herman

On 2/3/2013 7:10 PM, James wrote:
On 04/02/13 11:39, John B. wrote:

There is a problem here. Is that British paraffin, or American
paraffin?

Can we discuss swallows next?

African or European swallows?

--