Yay!! I rode my first set of stairs today!

Old January 31st 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Default Yay!! I rode my first set of stairs today!

I finally got up the curage to attempt these three steps at my school
that were a little over a foot deep and only about four inches high,
but they were more than one

I would have tried two earlier, but I don't know of anywhere around
here where there are two shallow steps.

It took a few attempts, but I got it after lowering the pressure on my
24X2" from 30 to about 20. After a few successfull runs I felt like I
could go down five or more similar steps. I still had some UPD's
though. I landed about 40% over an hour of practice. And then I
stuck the landing when I left with my 15 pound backpack (thought I'd
UPD on that one )

--
skilewis74

Old January 31st 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

skilewis74 wrote:
I finally got up the curage to attempt these three steps at my school
that were a little over a foot deep and only about four inches high,
but they were more than one

I would have tried two earlier, but I don't know of anywhere around
here where there are two shallow steps.

It took a few attempts, but I got it after lowering the pressure on my
24X2" from 30 to about 20. After a few successfull runs I felt like I
could go down five or more similar steps. I still had some UPD's
though. I landed about 40% over an hour of practice. And then I
stuck the landing when I left with my 15 pound backpack (thought I'd
UPD on that one )

Congrats. I remember my first time....

--
steveyo

steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

Check out my 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)

Yay!! I rode my first set of stairs today! Keldridge Unicycling 0 January 31st 07 04:03 AM
I rode today Gman Mountain Biking 44 February 22nd 06 09:30 PM
Vino rode beyond himself, today Jet Racing 0 July 13th 05 09:25 PM
Dave Lowell hopped up 10 stairs today! HardcoreCokerRider Unicycling 18 January 4th 05 07:33 AM
Rode first TT of 2004 today... MSA UK 4 March 29th 04 06:49 PM