Where are the women on bikes in Melb?

Old April 28th 04, 04:42 AM
coowoowoo

Default Where are the women on bikes in Melb?

Why is it that there dont seem to be a lot of women 30+ on bikes i
melbourne? I am talking about the ones (like me) who dont have the tim
or inclination to buy/look after a road bike but are more than capabl
of riding a decent distance on either a hybrid or a MTB? And where ar
all the men riding bikes with hair on their legs?? Do they exist? Or d
they shun beach rd for fear of being ridiculed? Can anyone help me her
as i really want to know why men feel the need the wax their legs.

-

Old April 28th 04, 06:00 AM
cfsmtb

coowoowoo wrote:
Why is it that there dont seem to be a lot of women 30+ on bikes in
melbourne? I am talking about the ones (like me) who dont have the time
or inclination to buy/look after a road bike but are more than capable
of riding a decent distance on either a hybrid or a MTB? And where are
all the men riding bikes with hair on their legs?? Do they exist? Or do
they shun beach rd for fear of being ridiculed? Can anyone help me here
as i really want to know why men feel the need the wax their legs..

Cheer up, I'm here around the inner eastern suburbs, 35+, have man
different bikes (tourer/mtb/ss/bmx + more), lifestyle based around bike
and bike related stuff. As for blokes with fuzzy legs, go off road t
MTB Land. From a ladies perspective, the lads can shave their legs i
they like, but I really don't care. I prefer a bloke that looks like
bloke with hairy legs. :

-

Old April 28th 04, 07:42 AM
jazmo

coowoowoo wrote:
Why is it that there dont seem to be a lot of women 30+ on bikes in
melbourne? I am talking about the ones (like me) who dont have the time
or inclination to buy/look after a road bike but are more than capable
of riding a decent distance on either a hybrid or a MTB? And where are
all the men riding bikes with hair on their legs?? Do they exist? Or do
they shun beach rd for fear of being ridiculed? Can anyone help me here
as i really want to know why men feel the need the wax their legs..

I ride Beach Rd of a Saturday morning and I race and I have hairy legs

-

Old April 28th 04, 12:20 PM
rickster

jazmo wrote in message .. .
coowoowoo wrote:
Why is it that there dont seem to be a lot of women 30+ on bikes in
melbourne? I am talking about the ones (like me) who dont have the time
or inclination to buy/look after a road bike but are more than capable
of riding a decent distance on either a hybrid or a MTB? And where are
all the men riding bikes with hair on their legs?? Do they exist? Or do
they shun beach rd for fear of being ridiculed? Can anyone help me here
as i really want to know why men feel the need the wax their legs..

I ride Beach Rd of a Saturday morning and I race and I have hairy legs.

I had hairy legs for years until I took up racing and a few months
later gone. Peer pressure, desire to fit in etc. Stupid aint it ?
I never thought I'd be a sucker for that stuff, never smoked in my
life, but their ya go !!

I will not hesitate to say I'm hairless for no other reason that is it
the standard look. Any other reasons, FOS for chumps like me.
Old April 28th 04, 05:57 PM
eb

"coowoowoo" == coowoowoo writes:

coowoowoo Why is it that there dont seem to be a lot of women 30+
coowoowoo on bikes in melbourne?

I see a few on Nepean Highway between Highett and the CBD most mornings.

coowoowoo And where are all the men riding bikes with hair on their
coowoowoo legs?? Do they exist?

Nepean Highway most days, sometimes East Boundary, North Road,
Springvale if working in Burwood.

coowoowoo Or do they shun beach rd for fear of being ridiculed?
coowoowoo Can anyone help me here as i really want to know why men
coowoowoo feel the need the wax their legs..

Lessee, got nicks, shoes and helmet. No waxing and the rest of my attire
is daggy as.

#1 haircut 'cause I'm lazy and hate brushing my hair ;-)
--
Regards
Euan
Old April 29th 04, 12:00 AM
coowoowoo

I ride Beach Rd of a Saturday morning and I race and I hav
hairy legs

I had hairy legs for years until I took up racing and a few months late
gone. Peer pressure, desire to fit in etc. Stupid aint it ? I neve
thought I'd be a sucker for that stuff, never smoked in my life, bu
their ya go !

I will not hesitate to say I'm hairless for no other reason that is i
the standard look. Any other reasons, FOS for chumps like me

Peer pressure.. hahaha.. do they make you smoke as well?? So does i
make you ride faster?????

-

Old April 29th 04, 12:00 AM
coowoowoo

Glad to hear that there is atleast one other woman around that isnt
slave to the roadbike. I also agree that a man should look like a ma
and have hair on their legs. There is something wrong when i pull up t
the lights and look down and see more stubble on my legs than the ma
next to me

-

Old April 29th 04, 12:00 AM
coowoowoo

jazmo wrote:
I ride Beach Rd of a Saturday morning and I race and I have hairy legs.

Do you ride in a bunch and do the other boys ridicule you and make yo
go to the back of the line?? Do men actually discuss what wax is best t
use? Now that is something that i would like to hear. :

-

Old April 29th 04, 12:33 AM
Claude

My wife is 40 and commutes on her MTB to the CBD from Ivanhoe most days.
Interesting thing is she's not at all the 'sporty type' but sees it as a
sensible way to maintain health and keep the kilos at bay. Commuting is
'gotta do' time so why not use it to keep fit rather than have to find
'extra time' to go to the gym or jog? She was never interested in cycling
until she finally gave in and came on the Great Melbourne Bike Ride - from
there she's graduated to commuting and a few recreational rides down the
Yarra to lunch at South Bank with me (although she has no interest in riding
by herself for leisure).

Old April 29th 04, 02:05 AM
rickster

coowoowoo wrote in message ...
I ride Beach Rd of a Saturday morning and I race and I have
hairy legs.

snip

Peer pressure.. hahaha.. do they make you smoke as well?? So does it
make you ride faster??????

nope and nope.

Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Alpenrose Challenge Mike Murray Racing 0 June 13th 04 04:28 AM
Trek & Gary Fisher bikes = USA made [email protected] General 10 March 16th 04 10:55 PM
£40,000 of Giant bikes stolen -Little Tricycle Pink Pink 10" David L Mountain Biking 0 November 5th 03 10:06 PM
Melb police on bikes! Earhole Gringo [not his real name] Australia 14 August 21st 03 07:22 AM