Repair or replace whole bike?

Old December 9th 06, 06:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Johnny Sunset

Default Repair or replace whole bike?

Rex Kerr wrote:
Go test-ride one of the RANS Sport Series bikes.
I have a (2006) Fusion and love it, but it doesn't allow pedaling while
standing. For that try to find a Cruz or Zenetic; there is a "tour"
model Zenetic but I dunno what's the difference between it and the other.

I already have a RANS V-Rex, but I prefer my uprights for the majority
of my riding!

(No flame wars please!!)

I went to a bike shop about 6½ years ago considering buying a RANS
V-Rex. A good bike, but did not seem special. Then I rode the RANS
Rocket. Despite the considerably less expensive components, the Rocket
was far more fun to ride, with a "balance" and intuitive responsiveness
to the handling that the V-Rex (and many other SWB recumbents) lacks.

The V-Rex stayed at the shop, and I still have the Rocket.

--
Tom Sherman - Post Free or Die!

Old December 14th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Johnny Sunset" wrote in message
ps.com...

Rex Kerr wrote:
Go test-ride one of the RANS Sport Series bikes.
I have a (2006) Fusion and love it, but it doesn't allow pedaling while
standing. For that try to find a Cruz or Zenetic; there is a "tour"
model Zenetic but I dunno what's the difference between it and the
other.

I already have a RANS V-Rex, but I prefer my uprights for the majority
of my riding!

(No flame wars please!!)

Ed Dolan wrote:

Nonsense! A thread that does not devolve into a flame war is a thread not
worth bothering with.

Mr. Sherman wrote:

I went to a bike shop about 6½ years ago considering buying a RANS
V-Rex. A good bike, but did not seem special. Then I rode the RANS
Rocket. Despite the considerably less expensive components, the Rocket
was far more fun to ride, with a "balance" and intuitive responsiveness
to the handling that the V-Rex (and many other SWB recumbents) lacks.

The V-Rex stayed at the shop, and I still have the Rocket.

Tom Sherman - Post Free or Die!

Ed Dolan wrote:

What Mr. Sherman says about the Rocket I have heard from several other
recumbent cyclists also. I think we are splitting hairs here myself, but
what do I know. I hate all short wheel base recumbents as they do not handle
nearly so well as even the most base long wheel base recumbents. But Mr.
Sherman is partial to short wheel base, whether it be a 2-wheeler or a
3-wheeler. I like my recumbent bikes to be very long indeed. No short wheel
base bikes for me!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Repair or replace whole bike? Rex Kerr Techniques 46 December 14th 06 06:34 PM
Thumbshifter Replace or Repair? BeeRich Techniques 14 April 20th 06 04:28 PM
Replace / repair Brompton hub Hel UK 6 June 28th 05 08:50 AM
Caliper repair or replace Dan Techniques 16 March 5th 05 10:20 AM
STI Still good? or Repair? or Replace knowwhen2holdemknowwhen2foldem General 5 June 26th 04 10:59 PM