Standing room only at Olympics

Old August 1st 12, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Default Standing room only at Olympics

The attendance at the Folies is so sparce that they have enlisted a
bunch of Squaddies to fill a few seats, regardless of the fact that
these same Tommies were supposed to be on "Security Detail" following
the failure of the official security commissar to live up to his
contract.

http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/201...1060101013.jpg

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English

Old August 2nd 12, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 01/08/2012 17:25, Davey Crockett wrote:
The attendance at the Folies is so sparce that they have enlisted a
bunch of Squaddies to fill a few seats, regardless of the fact that
these same Tommies were supposed to be on "Security Detail" following
the failure of the official security commissar to live up to his
contract.

http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/201...1060101013.jpg

I doubt they were on duty, they are staying on site IIRC so there would
be plenty sitting around waiting for their next stag.

UD
Old August 3rd 12, 09:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Uncle Dave a écrit profondement:

| On 01/08/2012 17:25, Davey Crockett wrote:
| The attendance at the Folies is so sparce that they have enlisted a
| bunch of Squaddies to fill a few seats, regardless of the fact that
| these same Tommies were supposed to be on "Security Detail" following
| the failure of the official security commissar to live up to his
| contract.
|
| http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/201...1060101013.jpg
|
| I doubt they were on duty, they are staying on site IIRC so there
| would be plenty sitting around waiting for their next stag.

According to the article, they _were_ on duty, but the Brass had yielded
to the force majeur and so instead of running security, they were
filling a few empty seats.

No biggie either way.

Old August 3rd 12, 10:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On 03/08/2012 09:55, Davey Crockett wrote:

According to the article, they_were_ on duty, but the Brass had yielded
to the force majeur and so instead of running security, they were
filling a few empty seats.

Yeah well, as I said elsewhere according to the Times Bradley Wiggins
just had the bestest season ever in the history of cycling, so I
wouldn't believe everything you read ;-)

UD
Old August 3rd 12, 08:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Uncle Dave a écrit profondement:

| On 03/08/2012 09:55, Davey Crockett wrote:

| According to the article, they_were_ on duty, but the Brass had yielded
| to the force majeur and so instead of running security, they were
| filling a few empty seats.

| Yeah well, as I said elsewhere according to the Times Bradley Wiggins
| just had the bestest season ever in the history of cycling, so I
| wouldn't believe everything you read ;-)

| UD

You mean it's not true that the Chinese have discovered a way to harness
Higgs Bosun and turn the matter created into energy that an athlete can
use when needed?

There must be some other explanation for their super performances then.

Old August 3rd 12, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Doug Anderson

Davey Crockett writes:

Uncle Dave a écrit profondement:

| On 03/08/2012 09:55, Davey Crockett wrote:

| According to the article, they_were_ on duty, but the Brass had yielded
| to the force majeur and so instead of running security, they were
| filling a few empty seats.

| Yeah well, as I said elsewhere according to the Times Bradley Wiggins
| just had the bestest season ever in the history of cycling, so I
| wouldn't believe everything you read ;-)

| UD

You mean it's not true that the Chinese have discovered a way to harness
Higgs Bosun

That's Higgs Boatswain to you!
Old August 4th 12, 09:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Doug Anderson a écrit profondement:

| You mean it's not true that the Chinese have discovered a way to harness
| Higgs Bosun

| That's Higgs Boatswain to you!

Drat, Davey never could spell

Try https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson instead.

Old August 4th 12, 09:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

On 04/08/2012 09:19, Davey Crockett wrote:
Doug Anderson a écrit profondement:

| You mean it's not true that the Chinese have discovered a way to harness
| Higgs Bosun

| That's Higgs Boatswain to you!

Drat, Davey never could spell

Yeah you made a massive spelling error.

Standing up for what's right Bill C Racing 10 March 21st 08 06:06 AM
Questions about standing [email protected] Racing 4 July 20th 06 06:04 AM
Is Not Responding standing again? David Martin UK 1 May 5th 06 12:45 AM
Standing on a trainer chris c General 4 March 26th 06 01:12 PM
Standing while climbing bad? Destroy Mountain Biking 20 August 6th 03 04:14 PM