Giro and Perhaps a real winner without questions

Old May 31st 17, 07:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Giro and Perhaps a real winner without questions

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dumo...talia-victory/

Tom Dumoulin, a Dutchman, was the first of his nationality to win the Giro. He hung about in the background until he had to make up time and did it efficiently and effectively.

Let's hope he hangs around for a long time.

Imagine a win without drugs or hidden electric motors.
Old May 31st 17, 09:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 11:32:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dumo...talia-victory/

Tom Dumoulin, a Dutchman, was the first of his nationality to win the Giro. He hung about in the background until he had to make up time and did it efficiently and effectively.

Let's hope he hangs around for a long time.

Imagine a win without drugs or hidden electric motors.

How do you know these were not present?

Old May 31st 17, 10:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 1:31:39 PM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 11:32:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dumo...talia-victory/

Tom Dumoulin, a Dutchman, was the first of his nationality to win the Giro. He hung about in the background until he had to make up time and did it efficiently and effectively.

Let's hope he hangs around for a long time.

Imagine a win without drugs or hidden electric motors.

How do you know these were not present?

Because he won the race on the strength of his TT on a bike on the flats with a speed and power output that matched his known capacity. He then held off on a climb until near the top and blasted everyone over a short distance and outrode them downhill. Being a fairly big guy he could descend much faster than the small climbers.

If you assume you cannot ride a bike without help why don't you just drive a car?
Old May 31st 17, 10:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 8:32:06 PM UTC+2, wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dumo...talia-victory/

Tom Dumoulin, a Dutchman, was the first of his nationality to win the Giro. He hung about in the background until he had to make up time and did it efficiently and effectively.

Let's hope he hangs around for a long time.

Imagine a win without drugs or hidden electric motors.

Being Dutch myself you can understand that I followed the Giro (live coverage every day) with even more intrest than I did the last years. I want to thank every rider for making this Giro so exiting with for my a very happy ending. For years the Giro is much more fun to watch than the Tour the France where the Sky team kills the race from stage one. Yuck.

Lou
Old June 1st 17, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 2:57:16 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 8:32:06 PM UTC+2, wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dumo...talia-victory/

Tom Dumoulin, a Dutchman, was the first of his nationality to win the Giro. He hung about in the background until he had to make up time and did it efficiently and effectively.

Let's hope he hangs around for a long time.

Imagine a win without drugs or hidden electric motors.

Being Dutch myself you can understand that I followed the Giro (live coverage every day) with even more intrest than I did the last years. I want to thank every rider for making this Giro so exiting with for my a very happy ending. For years the Giro is much more fun to watch than the Tour the France where the Sky team kills the race from stage one. Yuck.

My suspicions are that we will no longer see Sky dominating the Tour as before. Greg Lemond has been having a whole lot to say about how two and two are not adding up to 21.

People other than his fans are listening.