Jail Zuckerberg

Old March 18th 21, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Jail Zuckerberg

On Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 6:27:34 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 5:55:19 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 3:38:48 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 3:11:57 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 4:51:25 PM UTC, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 9:43:24 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 5:58:37 PM UTC, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 9:24:57 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 1:17:28 PM UTC, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 3:46:15 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, March 16, 2021 at 6:09:52 AM UTC, wrote to Frank Krygowski :

There may come a day when you buy an electric bike. On that day, you
might also eat your words. Electricity is not magic, but it is
vindictive.
Not "might", will. I'm just about to give Franki-boy the most important tip in electric bikes, and because it comes from me, he'll ostentatiously ignore it, and come short by that much.

The first thing the would-be electrified bicyclist must understand is that an electric motor on a bike is not a capital asset. It wears, and so does the much more expensive battery. If the motor were made big enough to be a capital asset, it would be too heavy for cycling -- note I'm speaking of a cycling assist for old age or other handicap or hilly roads in your neighbourhood, not about an electric motorbike. A good comparison is the Rohloff gearbox, known for outlasting hard users: it could have been made lighter, but not by much, and its longevity would have suffered disproportionately. Equally, it could have been made heavier with proper, rather than adequate, engineering in the seals, but the weight would have shot up very quickly for disproportionately marginal increments in longevity for which nobody would be happy to pay so much extra weight. A happy balance, then.

The second thing is that the battery is HEAVY. The third thing is that you need to buy twice the battery you think you need (including if your thinking is done with an electronics degree -- some of the dumbest engineers I've ever met were electronics engineers, refer to the Google Group Rec.Audio.Tubes; also some of the cleverest, like my mates at HP and IBM), and that makes it twice as heavy, as there are few unit-weight savings as LIPO batteries and their cousins gain more power.

The reason you need to buy twice the battery you appear to need -- or more, the limit is weight -- is because the total amount of power available in a battery, normally given as an amp-hour rating or Watts, is also a totally useless number. The number you want to know is the number of Coulombs (C) the battery is capable of: each coulomb is the quantity of electricity moved by one ampere of current per second. (For the OCD sufferers, it is 6.24x10^18 electrons.) "Per second" -- this is more like it. Suppose you ride for exercise, and merely want a little assistance at the tops of the steepest hills. You're pedalling up the hill, dropping gear as you go -- I'm assuming you have either a hub gearbox or perfect cadence control if you still ride on derailleurs -- and maintaining perfectly optimal output and power transfer. Now, near the top of the small country road you're riding on, the road engineer didn't have time left in her budget to flatten the road, the angle steepens and suddenly you're out of other options and you want instant large electrical power. The apparently double-size battery is suddenly just big enough because it can deliver an incredible amount of power in a very short space of time. I have country roads like that, and the section at the top is usually short, a few seconds long, and your battery must be sized for those few seconds, and other similar instant large needs, or you will trash a battery, the most expensive part of the installation, every year or two. On the contrary, my first battery is still going strong after ten years, though the motor it was attached to has long since joined its ancestors, and been replaced by a motor whose size was precisely determined by reference to the first motor I knew all along would not cut it for long. It lasted longer than I thought it would precisely because the battery was sized for instant huge power deliveries at wide spacing with long recoveries in between. The instantaneous capabilities of the battery makes up a large part of the motor's longevity.

That's the second thing you have to do. Buy a common cheap motor, resign yourself to trashing it as a learning experience. It may not be the motor you wreck -- badly sized motors and batteries make a lot of heat, and the controls often melt before the plastic gears fitted to even good motors. You will then, with experience and understanding, be able to specify enough motor and, crucially, enough battery for your circumstances and riding intentions, so that you end up with a system you can confidently expect to last ten years or more.

Americans typically specify far too much motor, and then waste some of the puisance of the battery that is required by the too large motor. My own experience is that my luxuriously trimmed bike, hefty painting gear often on the bike, hefty rider, and best quality motor, controls and battery, can all on very hilly roads be adequately assisted by a 350W high-torque motor driven by a c15Ah best-quality battery out which hardly ever more than a quarter of its nominal Ah is used -- again, the reserve is for instant very high output for very short periods of time.
.
Frank and John and Jeff all have a basic contempt for anyone other themselves so advice would be purposely ignored even if it was self-evident.
.
These truths above aren't self-evident at all. I had to work them out for myself, though I was blessed by having learned my electronics in fine art audio reproduction, where you take care of the highest, briefest power peaks first and, if you did that job right, the rest will more or less take care of itself.

I'm not worried about who takes my advice. I offer it free of charge. Anyone who wants to think that it is worth as much as I charge, is welcome; he will be out of pocket sooner rather than later as punishment for arrogance. At that point I most assuredly will say, "I told you so, x number of years ago." And rub it in hard.

Andre Jute
Heh-heh

PS I haven't seen anything of the anonymous monkey-faces, the Thief Peter Howard and News2021 recently. Once could almost conclude that those two tenth-rate bullies don't like victims who bite back.
.
I suspect that when everyone recognizes them for the contemptable curs that they are that they go elsewhere to lie.
.
Moving on to people who haven't yet discovered how empty they are is one way for such nasty clowns to maintain the self-delusion that they're "winning" something. Imagine them sitting in their bedsits, fondling the fat around each other's hips, telling each other "How we saw off Tom and Andre." It hasn't penetrated their thick skulls yet, though I make no secret of it, that I take bets with my peers on what I can make them say next. It hasn't even penetrated their numbskulls that after years of hounding you, they haven't made a mark on you. If these jerks had one redeeming feature, a soft-hearted Christian like you would be writing to me to let them off. But nobody can find a word to say on their behalf. That tells you everything you need to know about such scum.
Every time I force myself to read Frank, or the rest of the scum, I just remember the T-shirt I got from one company on my anniversary - "I'm an engineer so let's just assume that I'm always right". Seems like entire companies agreed with me and John has to hide in another country to life better than the locals. A month or so ago I was offered another job working for NASA but the last thing in the world I was going to do was move to southern California. I would much rather read Jay telling us about the almond farmers using up all of the water table.
.
When I worked in advertising, I hired a fellow for a dollar more than the President gets (and a house in Connecticut and a big American car and an unlimited expense account, of course) and put him on the Board, where he'd sit next to me and every time I opened my mouth, he'd jump on his chair, hit his forehead ringingly with the flat of his hand, and exclaim, "Jesus, I wish I thought of that first." -- AJ
I believe you've just described flunkmeister/Not Newsworthy and several other members of the same ideological elite who populate this board for no other reason that they have been evicted from all of the commercial boards.

My younger brother whose entire world has been following whatever his publics works union has told him to think just called me a member of the white privileged. This is a senior citizen that doesn't even know what a white man is. He doesn't know where the word "slave" originated. He watched our father and our brother work their lives out for nothing. His own mother had to move to Oregon because after working her life out she could afford to live in California and HE thinks that she moved into the middle of nowhere because she liked the solitude and the look of the ocean through a sheet of rain. Where she spends more on heating oil than on rent. The leftist ideology is rather astonishing. You could not get ANYONE with an education to believe any of that crap so they start them at an early age propagandizing them. I cannot believe that in the 4th grade they still can hardly read! They are sounding out 2 syllable words!

Natural gas and electricity are cheaper in Oregon than California. Rent is lower, and if you don't like rain, move to Bend or Medford or Ashland: https://www.vogue.com/article/ashlan...y-travel-guide Or move down the Gorge. I'm moving across from Hood River when I retire -- near my brother and sister-in-law: https://tinyurl.com/7tethv99 Dry, but it does get snow for a few weeks -- and it can be windy.

It's truly horrible up here in Oregon -- this picture I took two hours ago illustrates the agony: https://photos.app.goo.gl/wDinMKHSwVAfRosH9 I snapped that while drinking a beer with my wife, my older brother and sister-in-law. My brother skied my legs off. Zero lift lines today and surprisingly easy drive for a work day. You just have to skip work now and then. This is footage of me an my brother and some snowboarder dudes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZDm...Mt.HoodMeadows

You should come up for the end of season pond skim! https://www.youtube..com/watch?v=Ocp...Mt.HoodMeadows You can dress up as an angry old man . . . or just come as you are! You will, however, have to hob-nob with leftists, commies, homos and people dressed up like Vikings. But there is lots of beer on the mountain, and that will take the edge off.

Come on Jay, do you somehow believe that a competition for the world's most stupid people in some manner makes Oregon attractive?

Pond skimming is a skill sport reserved for the super-intelligent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0M_...KidProductions

-- Jay Beattie.
Old March 19th 21, 07:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

You should come up for the end of season pond skim! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocp0...Mt.HoodMeadows You can dress up as an angry old man . . . or just come as you are! You will, however, have to hob-nob with leftists, commies, homos and people dressed up like Vikings. But there is lots of beer on the mountain, and that will take the edge off..

Come on Jay, do you somehow believe that a competition for the world's most stupid people in some manner makes Oregon attractive?

Pond skimming is a skill sport reserved for the super-intelligent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0M_...KidProductions

-- Jay Beattie.

..
I hope you won't mind a personal question, Jay. But is your intelligence in inverse proportion to your bra size? I ask because so often in these photographs you seem to be surrounded by valley girls, and of course I know you are not a pedophile (most cyclists don't have enough energy left, so it is statistically unlikely), so there must be another explanation, like you're scouting them out for your son. -- AJ
Old March 19th 21, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Friday, March 19, 2021 at 12:04:59 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Actually I get the idea that this was the sort of people Jay hung around with when he was of college age. That he would even know that such videos existed would be pretty damning evidence in a court of law.
Old March 20th 21, 12:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, March 19, 2021 at 9:18:12 PM UTC, wrote:
[...]

"No, Your Honour, I never actually met Mr Beattie. I was on a cycling virtual group with him on Google. I went there because there were several distinguished cycle-engineers there whose minds I wanted to pick." -- AJ
Old March 21st 21, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 5:00:49 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, March 19, 2021 at 9:18:12 PM UTC, wrote:
Actually I get the idea that this was the sort of people Jay hung around with when he was of college age. That he would even know that such videos existed would be pretty damning evidence in a court of law.

.
"No, Your Honour, I never actually met Mr Beattie. I was on a cycling virtual group with him on Google. I went there because there were several distinguished cycle-engineers there whose minds I wanted to pick." -- AJ

I often wonder why he writes things that seem very high schoolish. There is a difference between having a young outlook and another of having a junior high mentality.
Old March 22nd 21, 10:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 6:41:35 PM UTC, wrote:
On Saturday, March 20, 2021 at 5:00:49 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, March 19, 2021 at 9:18:12 PM UTC, wrote:
Actually I get the idea that this was the sort of people Jay hung around with when he was of college age. That he would even know that such videos existed would be pretty damning evidence in a court of law.

.
"No, Your Honour, I never actually met Mr Beattie. I was on a cycling virtual group with him on Google. I went there because there were several distinguished cycle-engineers there whose minds I wanted to pick." -- AJ

..
I often wonder why he writes things that seem very high schoolish. There is a difference between having a young outlook and another of having a junior high mentality.

..
I wouldn't mind having the junior high mentality back if I could also have the energy and the girls that went with it. -- AJ
..
Old March 24th 21, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 3:31:54 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

I suspect he is trying to compete with his son and that is the attitude he has picked up. Seems good if you can keep it up.
Old March 25th 21, 05:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 8:25:27 PM UTC, wrote:
[...]

Guaranteed way for an old man to make an ass of himself. -- AJ

Yet another RLJ goes to jail Alycidon UK 2 September 17th 15 06:36 PM
Drop off and go jail Alycidon UK 1 September 7th 15 09:36 PM
Flandis going to jail? dave a Racing 1 May 21st 10 03:19 AM
Is Ricco still in jail? [email protected] Racing 0 July 30th 08 02:45 PM
Is Ricco still in jail? [email protected] Racing 0 July 30th 08 07:19 AM