A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Integrated handlebars

Old April 29th 21, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Integrated handlebars

The spinning of the handlebar in the stem got me to thinking. You do not have a problem with this with integrated handlebar/stems. And EC90 makes these things CHEAP. They are also a supplier for many other bike companies that sell these same bars for 4 or more times what you could get the same thing from their Chinese supplier.

This is the THIRD time that I have had handlebars rotate while hitting a hard bump and even the so-called "fix" which is to use carbon paste, didn't repair it the first time. But as long as you know the bar width and required stem length you can get an integrated bar/stem and not be worried about rotation.

Now, some of these designs use internal cabling and you have to learn the way to get these things installed. But after you do you have a bar that isn't going to rotate out of your hands. And you won't have to worry about this happening or overtightening it to prevent a carbon bar from moving.

You can get the 3T Forgie handlebars still which are light and don't rotate in the stems. But they cost about the same after buying them and paying a shipping price and the SALES TAX that Ebay has started charging for used parts between private parties as buying one of the EC90 integrated bars.

Now if you don't know the precise length of stem to use, getting the aluminum bars and a Cannondale stem is probably a good way to go. But once tuned it appears that the integrated setup is the way to go. Since I have no intentions of selling these latest bikes off, I don't have to worry about someone else having to go through the tuning process themselves.
Ads