When's it enough??

Old August 4th 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default When's it enough??

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ug07/aug04news

Barloworld rejects calls for UCI investigation of Cox's death
By Susan Westemeyer

Quoted:

Cox died Wednesday morning of complications following surgery on a leg
artery.

The South African cyclist started his pro career with the team Amore &
Vita, whose manager Ivano Fanini this week said that he hoped the
death was not related to doping. "How many riders have resorted to
EPO, which renders the blood dense and can cause serious vascular
problems." He called on the UCI to "open an investigation into the
true cause of this death."

That is just so ****ed up and disgusting. The anti-doping zealots and
their belief everyone is a scumbag, and total lack of respect for
anyone or anything makes me want to puke. I wonder if he's going to
go to the funeral and tell the kids mother, "He was probably a doper,
and killed himself with the stuff. Good thing too!"?
Just when you think humans can't sink much lower...
Bill C

Old August 4th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article .com,
Bill C wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ug07/aug04news

Barloworld rejects calls for UCI investigation of Cox's death
By Susan Westemeyer

Quoted:

Cox died Wednesday morning of complications following surgery on a leg
artery.

The South African cyclist started his pro career with the team Amore &
Vita, whose manager Ivano Fanini this week said that he hoped the
death was not related to doping. "How many riders have resorted to
EPO, which renders the blood dense and can cause serious vascular
problems." He called on the UCI to "open an investigation into the
true cause of this death."

Oh, Fanini has always been a grandstanding, self-righteous asshole. Saying this is
part and parcel of his attention-seeking way.

That is just so ****ed up and disgusting. The anti-doping zealots and
their belief everyone is a scumbag, and total lack of respect for
anyone or anything makes me want to puke. I wonder if he's going to
go to the funeral and tell the kids mother, "He was probably a doper,
and killed himself with the stuff. Good thing too!"?

The Italian Fred Phelps?

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old August 4th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Crescentius Vespasianus

That is just so ****ed up and disgusting. The anti-doping zealots and
their belief everyone is a scumbag, and total lack of respect for
anyone or anything makes me want to puke. I wonder if he's going to
go to the funeral and tell the kids mother, "He was probably a doper,
and killed himself with the stuff. Good thing too!"?
Just when you think humans can't sink much lower...
Bill C

---------------
Do you think that if alcohol was a cause
in a car fatality, that they should also
hide that from the public? In the
1950's, people were astonished to see so
many people dying in car crashes, only
later when the newspapers started
reporting that alcohol was involved did
the public start being educated about
the cause of all these deaths. It's sad
for the families involved that their
Dad, or son died in a car crash because
he was drunk, but the public has a right
to know what is behind all the mayhem.
Old August 5th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Aug 4, 12:28 pm, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:
[...]

They already know what happened, he had a known potential
complication, albeit an unlikely one, to the surgical procedure he
underwent. It could've happened to anyone.

Old August 5th 07, 09:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Scott wrote:
They already know what happened, he had a known potential
complication, albeit an unlikely one, to the surgical procedure he
underwent. It could've happened to anyone.

It was probably not a good idea to fly home so soon after the operation
given the known circulation problems on long flights, particularly in
economy class. Apparently he also did some gardening once home which
probably was also not a good idea. Come to think of it gardening is
dangerous for cyclists, I seem to recall McEwen (or maybe it was O"Grady)
injuring their back while gardening just before the tour a few years ago.

Old August 5th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Aug 5, 2:18 am, Donald Munro wrote:
Scott wrote:
They already know what happened, he had a known potential
complication, albeit an unlikely one, to the surgical procedure he
underwent. It could've happened to anyone.

It was probably not a good idea to fly home so soon after the operation
given the known circulation problems on long flights, particularly in
economy class. Apparently he also did some gardening once home which
probably was also not a good idea. Come to think of it gardening is
dangerous for cyclists, I seem to recall McEwen (or maybe it was O"Grady)
injuring their back while gardening just before the tour a few years ago.

Yeah, he probably shouldn't have flown so soon after the surgery.

Old August 5th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Crescentius Vespasianus

Trying to link everything negative that happens to doping is
ridiculous.
Did you take "Reefer Madness" for an accurate documentary?
This was a scumbag publicity grab. As Howard suggested it has a lot
more in common with Fred Phelps than a decent human being.
Bill C

----------------
Funny you brought up reefer madness,
because I read a news story the other
day that the predictions of permanent
psychosis caused by regular smoking of
pot has now become reality. Of course
when they made reefer madness, it was a
cartoon, because the weed in those days
was more likely to give you headache
than get you high. But a half century
of bio-engineering by potheads has
created a weed that is so strong, that
regular use will cause a certain mental
breakdown.

Old August 5th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

"Donald Munro" wrote in message
om...

It was probably not a good idea to fly home so soon after the operation
given the known circulation problems on long flights, particularly in
economy class. Apparently he also did some gardening once home which
probably was also not a good idea. Come to think of it gardening is
dangerous for cyclists, I seem to recall McEwen (or maybe it was O"Grady)
injuring their back while gardening just before the tour a few years ago.

McGee, I think.

Old August 5th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Aug 5, 4:18 am, Donald Munro wrote:
Scott wrote:
They already know what happened, he had a known potential
complication, albeit an unlikely one, to the surgical procedure he
underwent. It could've happened to anyone.

It was probably not a good idea to fly home so soon after the operation
given the known circulation problems on long flights, particularly in
economy class. Apparently he also did some gardening once home which
probably was also not a good idea. Come to think of it gardening is
dangerous for cyclists, I seem to recall McEwen (or maybe it was O"Grady)
injuring their back while gardening just before the tour a few years ago.

Not just cyclists. It's the Bob Ojeda Syndrome. From Wiki:
He pitched well in 1988 but was involved in what some consider one of
the most ridiculous accidents in baseball history when he severed the
tip of his left middle finger while trimming his hedges in mid-
September.

The old cyclists had the right idea. No swimming, no ice cream, don't
use the legs unless you're riding or boinking. That's how they got to
be old cyclists.

Old August 5th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy

Dans le message de news Carl Sundquist a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
"Donald Munro" wrote in message
om...

It was probably not a good idea to fly home so soon after the
operation given the known circulation problems on long flights,
particularly in economy class. Apparently he also did some gardening
once home which probably was also not a good idea. Come to think of
it gardening is dangerous for cyclists, I seem to recall McEwen (or
maybe it was O"Grady) injuring their back while gardening just
before the tour a few years ago.

McGee, I think.

All those Anglo-Saxons look the same.