UDC product descriptions confusing me

Old January 11th 09, 07:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

Default UDC product descriptions confusing me

Basically, I want to buy a new frame for 2006 20" Qu-ax trials uni, and
don't want to fork out the money for a KH frame. I decided the Nimbus 2
will be fine for me, buuut...

'This one' (http://unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1073) says it
will fit an ISIS wheelset down in the specs...

And 'this one' (http://unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1076), the
same brand and model, has no real specs, but says it is made for ISIS
hubs...

I have to wonder if the colored set will work with a non-ISIS hub,
cause I really want a tacky colored frame.

Thoughts? Advice?

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

spazdude222 wrote:
Doing good doesn't make you good any more than doing a girl makes you a
girl.

Old January 11th 09, 07:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

dudewithasock;1168543 wrote:
Basically, I want to buy a new frame for 2006 20" Qu-ax trials uni, and
don't want to fork out the money for a KH frame. I decided the Nimbus 2
will be fine for me, buuut...

'This one' (http://unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1073) says it
will fit an ISIS wheelset down in the specs...

And 'this one' (http://unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1076), the
same brand and model, has no real specs, but says it is made for ISIS
hubs...

I have to wonder if the colored set will work with a non-ISIS hub,
cause I really want a tacky colored frame.

Thoughts? Advice?

Man I believe that both are the same frame, only poweder coated. If
not, probably it will fit a non isis wheelset if the distance between
the bearings is the same as a KH Hub (100mm), and the bearing is 42mm.

I can't see why the frame would not fit your wheelset if your setup
have the same sizes as an ISIS!

--
pedrotejada

'*Kris Holm Unicycles*' (http://www.krisholm.com)

'*Unicycle.com.br*' (http://www.unicycle.com.br/)

*Brazilian Unicycling Team*
Old January 11th 09, 07:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

He's not sure since he has an old qu-ax hub. It'll work. I think qu-ax
has 42mm, even older ones. Still, you can use some pop cans or an old
inner tube, both work fine. I rode a unicycle like that for months.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG
'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).
Help to keep JC all Billy, all the time. Do your part, resurrect and
use his threads. BTM FTW.
My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?
Old January 11th 09, 07:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dudewithasock

http://unicycle.com/Shopping/shopexd.asp?id=844

That's my hub, so yeah the bearings are fine. Just not sure on the
distance between them.

I guess I'll take my chances, the Nimbus frames are at least nice and
cheap. I think the bright green will go well with the black and yellow
color scheme.

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended.

Old January 11th 09, 08:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pedrotejada

http://tinyurl.com/8bcw63

Yeah your hub will work fine!

--
pedrotejada

'*Kris Holm Unicycles*' (http://www.krisholm.com)

'*Unicycle.com.br*' (http://www.unicycle.com.br/)

*Brazilian Unicycling Team*

UDC product descriptions confusing me wickedbob Unicycling 0 January 11th 09 07:28 AM
confusing answers [email protected] Racing 38 October 18th 07 05:52 AM
Confusing signs Danny Colyer UK 13 June 5th 07 05:38 PM
Funny product descriptions Francesco Devittori Techniques 3 July 14th 05 07:48 PM
Another confusing eBay offer... maestro8 Unicycling 10 May 19th 05 04:50 AM