Floyd still is dishonest with himself - I think doping Mike couldverify this is a lie.

Old June 6th 11, 01:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Floyd still is dishonest with himself - I think doping Mike couldverify this is a lie.

Floyd: Performance-enhancing drugs don't make as big a difference as
most people would like to think they do. Nevertheless, I used them to
do what I was able to do, so I guess it really doesn't matter. At the
time, it was part of the game, and like I say, I don't regret it at
all.
Old June 6th 11, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Anton Berlin" wrote in message
Floyd: Performance-enhancing drugs don't make as big a difference as
most people would like to think they do. Nevertheless, I used them to
do what I was able to do, so I guess it really doesn't matter. At the
time, it was part of the game, and like I say, I don't regret it at
all.

Floyd says "it really doesn't matter" to a lot of things we have
questions about. Maybe that's the point. Floyd, today as yesterday,
cares only about what matters to himself. Everything remains situational
and personal. There is no bigger picture to these guys, whether it's
Floyd or Tyler or Lance. Even, or perhaps especially so, after their
"confessions." Whomever you had cause to believe before, go on
believing. Whomever you did not, there is not reason (yet) to change
that view.

We continue our search for the truly repentant, or even simply someone
who is at the center of things and has all the "dope" on what went on,
including solid forensic evidence.

In the meantime, *everybody*, including myself, has 3rd-party evidence,
actually just stuff people said about what was going on to someone else,
that doping went on. In my case it was somebody in a position to know,
when Tyler was brought on, long before Lance "reached out" to him, that
Tyler was the guy who could bring down the house. I had a conversation
last week with someone who knows a former member of USPS who thinks this
is all crazy because of course it went on and why the fuss? But no
forensic evidence, nothing tying him into something that was an
important part of his life for some time. One is left wondering how many
of these people, in a perverse way, want to maintain their connection to
"something bigger than themselves" by trying to keep themselves
connected to it with embellished stories. Certainly Floyd has done so.

The "truth" is not enough, and perhaps not even obvious, to these guys.
Living with their lies for so long, creating the world in which they
wish to be viewed, a perverse ethical construct that allows them to
rationalize their decisions, robs them of clear vision. It would likely
take a lobotomy to get past the deviant personality traits that have
become such a necessary part of their lives over the years.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old June 6th 11, 05:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Jun 6, 10:50*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the response but Doping Mike is Mike S - you're Greedy
Mike (grin)