EC90 Seatposts

Old May 28th 21, 05:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default EC90 Seatposts

These new seatposts that are probably copies of a Bontrager or some such are fairly easy to put a seat into and extremely easy to install and adjust into the frame. But from the construction I would be very careful to use a torque wrench to tighten them up since there is a very strong expanding force applied to the saddle connector.

Waiting for the correct cups to come in to mount the Centaur cranks is driving me crazy and I will be a hell of a lot more careful where I buy anything. As bad as eBay may be you can chose a dealer more local and get your components more readily. Amazon relies on their reputation for rapid delivery and then AFTER you order something they give you some delivery date so far out in the future that you might as well order directly from Italy.
Old May 28th 21, 07:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Friday, May 28, 2021 at 9:03:46 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
These new seatposts that are probably copies of a Bontrager or some such are fairly easy to put a seat into and extremely easy to install and adjust into the frame. But from the construction I would be very careful to use a torque wrench to tighten them up since there is a very strong expanding force applied to the saddle connector.

Waiting for the correct cups to come in to mount the Centaur cranks is driving me crazy and I will be a hell of a lot more careful where I buy anything. As bad as eBay may be you can chose a dealer more local and get your components more readily. Amazon relies on their reputation for rapid delivery and then AFTER you order something they give you some delivery date so far out in the future that you might as well order directly from Italy.

Andrew, would it have been possible for you to get Campy Power Torque English threaded cups?
Old May 28th 21, 11:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/28/2021 1:20 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

A month ago you asked me about PT in Italian (?)
Yes, we have ITA and BSC cup sets for PT

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 29th 21, 12:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Friday, May 28, 2021 at 3:16:34 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

I sort of lost what was going on. I wanted the PT cups for the Eddy Merckx but after I got the Airborne It was so good that I decided to put the 39-53 on the Airborne. That was the screwup. I changed horses in midstream.
Old May 29th 21, 12:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

[...]

I have a supposedly "new" set of PT cups but looking at the pictures today they may not be a new set or rather not the entire contents of a new box. They didn't show either the wobble washer or the spring washer or any of the spacers. So if this is just a photo problem I don't need one but if indeed this is an incomplete kit, I'll have to get one. I put a compact PT on one of the bikes and was pretty surprised with that big spring.
Old May 29th 21, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/28/2021 6:40 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

Should say "Power Torque" on the cup. Set includes two cups,
wavy washer, dust seal, spring clip:

https://hollandbikeshop.com/img/prod...68173-11-l.jpg

Old May 29th 21, 03:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Friday, May 28, 2021 at 5:40:15 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

The right side cup comes with the dust seal in place. you have a wavy washer that is inserted on the right and on the left you insert the dust seal that that spring and tighten the cap to the point at which the crank with still turn freely. I assume that spring is there to hold pressure on the cap so that it doesn't back out on its own. Then you insert the spring clip on the right side (don't know if that should be before or after putting the crank together since it simply keeps the crank from pulling out passed the interference fit bearing should the left side come off.

I experimented with 172.5 cranks on my bikes and discovered that my knees did a LOT better with just that one inch difference in crank throw. Now I'm going to experiment with going back to the 53-39. Since this is a long arm Centaur rear derailleur, I mounted a 12-30 cassette which gives me a close enough approximation of the 34-28 low gear on my Record bikes. I'm finding that I do better lugging.
Old May 29th 21, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 7:47:09 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

FYI -- 2.5mm is equal to .098 inches. An inch difference in crank length would be huge. On the Power Torque -- as opposed to the Ultra Torque -- there is no wavy washer on the right side. https://tinyurl.com/bazmszve Google is a powerful thing.

-- Jay Beattie

Old May 29th 21, 04:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/29/2021 9:47 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

'one inch difference' ??

That's the difference between a child's sidewalk bike and a
Zinn I-beam.

Old May 29th 21, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 5/29/2021 10:58 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 7:47:09 AM UTC-7, wrote:

I experimented with 172.5 cranks on my bikes and discovered that my knees did a LOT better with just that one inch difference in crank throw. Now I'm going to experiment with going back to the 53-39. Since this is a long arm Centaur rear derailleur, I mounted a 12-30 cassette which gives me a close enough approximation of the 34-28 low gear on my Record bikes. I'm finding that I do better lugging.

FYI -- 2.5mm is equal to .098 inches. An inch difference in crank length would be huge.

Tom needs a tattoo on his left palm: "25.4mm = 1 inch"

--
- Frank Krygowski

sdg seatposts [email protected] UK 0 February 8th 06 02:45 PM
ALL seatposts for Cannondales are 27.2 (?) Pete Biggs Techniques 1 March 28th 05 05:21 PM
FA/FS Seatposts, 27.2, 26.8, 26.0, 25.0 Gemma_k Marketplace 0 March 26th 05 10:30 PM
FS: Seatposts [email protected] Marketplace 1 December 22nd 04 02:39 PM
FS: Easton EC90 SLX Fork & EC90 Equipe Bar - New In Box Doc Marketplace 0 November 28th 04 05:36 PM