geared 36er

Old March 2nd 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maxcarriere

Default geared 36er

So yeah, I always hear about geared 29ers.. what about geared 36ers.. do
they exist ? if soo where can I buy one ?

--
maxcarriere
maxcarriere's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13867

Old March 2nd 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

maxcarriere wrote:
So yeah, I always hear about geared 29ers.. what about geared 36ers.. do
they exist ? if soo where can I buy one ?

I think if you wanted one you would have to find a geared hub that
would fit/work on a 36er....... I would like one as well...... but I
don't have the money for one yet......

--
Ducttape

*Coker Fund:*$683.31
*Freeride Seat with shipping will cost: *$64.84
*GB4 Handle with shipping will cost:* $64.95
*______________________________________
**Total cost for stuff: *$814.15* Current Progress *697.00*/*814.15''
(http://www.zazzle.com/Ducttapesunicycle)
Ducttape's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12006

Old March 2nd 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

If you ask nicely maybe they could make you a custom 36" version of the
Schlumpf Geared Unicycle. Other than that. I wouldn't have a
clue. Unless you know someone who make you one.

Hoped this helped somehow
Take care
Hazmat

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian destined to be different
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

Old March 2nd 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

Dave Stockton and I made a geared Coker (I think the first) with one of
my hubs for Kris Holm. It's being passed around among several riders
until Kris has room for it in his new digs. I believe Florian makes a
frame for a 36" to fit his hubs. Mike Scalisi owns a geared Coker made
from one of my hubs that Steve Howard modified. Pete Perron has made a
few renditions of his jackshaft design in gear ratios of
(approximately) 1.2, 1.6, and 1.9. Pete's design is the most flexible,
I believe, in that there are many gear ratios that may be chosen from.
His limitation is that it is fixed gear and the cogs must be changed to
alter the ratio so no shifting during a ride. Pete's design may be
available through Dave Stockton's Live Wire Unicycles.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

Old March 2nd 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maxcarriere

Thanks haper. So how fast are they ? Also you got any idea of
how much livewire would charge me ?

Old March 2nd 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

http://www.livewireunicycles.com/Outta%20Phaze.htm

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

Old March 2nd 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

harper wrote:
Dave Stockton and I made a geared Coker (I think the first) with one of
my hubs for Kris Holm. It's being passed around among several riders
until Kris has room for it in his new digs. I believe Florian makes a
frame for a 36" to fit his hubs. Mike Scalisi owns a geared Coker made
from one of my hubs that Steve Howard modified. Pete Perron has made a
few renditions of his jackshaft design in gear ratios of
(approximately) 1.2, 1.6, and 1.9. Pete's design is the most flexible,
I believe, in that there are many gear ratios that may be chosen from.
His limitation is that it is fixed gear and the cogs must be changed to
alter the ratio so no shifting during a ride. Pete's design may be
available through Dave Stockton's Live Wire Unicycles.

Who currently has Der Uber Coker? I tried it once in NYC and loved it.
I'd love another go on it!

--
siafirede

James = my name
'This' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout) = my myspace

I will be zig zagging through New Zealand late Jan-March. PM me if you
want to meet up or can offer me a free couch! After Feb. 6th I will be
going solo from Christchurch to the NI, so any company will be
appreciated.
siafirede's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6057

Old March 2nd 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maxcarriere

Alright, so you have to change the gears manually ? so When you want to
change gears you have to stop? corect me if I am wrong.. Also.. no
price is up on the website anyone got an idea of how much it should be
?

Old March 2nd 07, 06:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni57

harper wrote:
Dave Stockton and I made a geared Coker (I think the first) with one of
my hubs for Kris Holm.

I had an opportunity to ride that amazing beast in 2005.

'I wrote about it here'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44279) (if anyone
cares to read a very mediocre rider's experiences with a geared
Coker).

maxcarriere, Greg's Coker is a one-speed (fast). You don't shift it.
I don't know anything about other geared Cokers, though.

--
uni57

20 GOTO 10
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

Old March 2nd 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

uni57 wrote:

maxcarriere, Greg's Coker is a one-speed (fast). You don't shift it.
I don't know anything about other geared Cokers, though.

It's actually shiftable in its present configuration. It requires
removing a bolt and then inserting it in a different spot with a
spacer. As far as I know, Ryan Atkins has it right now.

And, by the way, Dave Lowell is der Uber rider of der Uber Coker.

--
harper

-Greg Harper