It's not Universe II, but......

Old September 11th 03, 05:39 AM
nathan

Default It's not Universe II, but......

Nice! Thanks for posting the 50MB one. There are a lot of really nice
shots and riding in there. I like where you drop briefly onto the rock
that moves a lot. The one criticism I have is that is a couple of shots
the camera follows your upper body with the wheel cut off. I think it's
better to follow the wheel and maybe cut off part of the rider (although
I like your beard!)

---Nathan

--
nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old September 11th 03, 11:36 AM
Tmornstar

Very nice, Brian! I'm jealous of your playground. Oh yes, and your
riding skills!

Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

Tommy Thompson
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

Old September 11th 03, 11:37 AM
Sofa

-Originally posted by Gild-*

strangely, i also liked the fact that u kept the by now 'de riguer'
UPD section at the end of the movie really short
*

The few upd's i did throw in there were only to video and the song to
sync up a little better...and to have the song be cut off at a
cutoffable part of the song.

-Originally posted by Nathan-*

The one criticism I have is that is a couple of shots the camera
follows your upper body with the wheel cut off. I think it's better to
follow the wheel and maybe cut off part of the rider (although I like
your beard!)

*

The videographer is not a rider. It's funny how they use their
instincts and try to capture your face, not the wheel. Don't worry, he
was scolded.

(thanks!)

--
Sofa - Pedals Schmedals

'London Unicycling Club' (http://londonunicyclingclub.ca)
Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old September 11th 03, 12:37 PM
U-Turn

nathan wrote:
*(although I like your beard!)*

Shaving is barbaric.

--
U-Turn - Mounting a Revolution

Weep in the dojo... laugh in the battlefield.

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Old September 11th 03, 01:13 PM
Sofa

U-Turn wrote:
*Shaving is barbaric. *

Yeah, I hate cutting my calves

Old September 11th 03, 04:22 PM
manic_mark

thanks for uplaodin the bigger file, avi's great, but it doesnt seem to
work, it just stops at 517k when i try to dload it, and if i try to
stream it, media player throws up an error?

i'll keep tryin, looking forward to seeing some uni action!

--
manic_mark - level 3, most of the time

lever (dot) mark (at) ntlworld (dot) com
manic_mark's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1592

Old September 11th 03, 05:32 PM
johnfoss

Sofa wrote:
*Yeah, I guess when you click on the file, it opens up and plays, I
can see why you'd hate it so much *

Not to be a whiner, but when I open a .rm file, Real Player opens up and
starts asking me to register, advertises at me, and assumes I'm
interested in a whole lot of stuff other than watching the file I
clicked on. I would be a bigger fan if it just played the file.

I can say the same about Quicktime. I have never started the program,
even after uploading the latest version, when it didn't ask me if I want
to upgrade first.

Yes, I'm cheap. I'm talking about the free versions of both players.

Nathan and Sofa were talking about following the rider's face instead of
the wheel. Depending on the situation, following the face is fine as
well. When I make video clips on my digital camera, sometimes I watch
the face as it goes by, so you can see who the rider was (low res). Or,
if the person is not doing something technical at that moment, the face
is fine. But otherwise, follow the feet and wheel!

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003

Old September 11th 03, 06:52 PM
duaner

In case it may help others ...

I could not get either of the posted movie links to work.

Both links started http://londonunicyclingclub/...

When I changed these to http://www.londonunicyclingclub/... they
worked.

FYI: I'm using ie 6.0

--
duaner - -
duaner's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4297

Old September 11th 03, 10:04 PM
john_childs

duaner wrote:
*
When I changed these to http://www.londonunicyclingclub/... they
worked.

FYI: I'm using ie 6.0 *

Ah, adding the www does let the download work. Here is a link with the
www added
http://tinyurl.com/n1uz
'50 MB AVI version of the movie' (http://tinyurl.com/n1uz)

The 50 MB version is more clear than the Real Player version. The
compression isn't as blurry.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

UNiVERsE II Preveiw jagur Unicycling 9 September 11th 03 07:19 PM
One Tired Guy or UNiVERsE? James_Potter Unicycling 3 September 1st 03 07:08 AM