Mounting a bc/impossible wheel

Old September 11th 03, 10:49 PM
Jazz

Default Mounting a bc/impossible wheel

I've been looking all over the web and newsgroup about impossible wheels
and have a question about mounts. So far I've read that people will use
handrails, tow-ers, ski poles, and running jump mounts.

The most obvious kind of mount seems to be missing- placing one foot on
a pedal, pushing off with the other foot, and quickly placing the
pushing foot on the pedal. I would guess that this mount is being
omitted deliberately- I'm having trouble believing that using this mount
has never occurred to anyone trying one of these wheels, so I'm
wondering if that mount's much worse than all the aforementioned mounts?

--
Jazz
Jazz's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/761

Old September 11th 03, 11:18 PM
Sofa

the BC wheel is the one where the pedals are basically just the axle.

Standing only on one would cause the wheel to tip over.

I guess it could be done, however it would take split second timing.

What I want to see is this:

Someone standing in place (but can rotate freely)

Holding onto a rope (long, but near the end) and having the guy on the
BC holdiing the other.

As the stander spins, he would let more and more rope out, causing the
BC'r to ride in bigger and bigger circles.

The the BC'r would let go of the rope and go sailing.

That would be really neat!

--
Sofa - Pedals Schmedals

'You're perfect Sofa!' - Scott (via 'Michael Moore'
(http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html) parser )
Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old September 11th 03, 11:28 PM
m_extreme_uni

mounting a B.C. wheel, the easiest way is to roll it, and jump on. I
have done it the way you were talking about, but it's very hard to do.
Another way is to mount into hand wheel walk, but that's also very
hard.

thats about it.

-Ryan

--
m_extreme_uni

I must only use these powers to annoy!!!
m_extreme_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/809

Old September 12th 03, 11:05 PM
Klaas Bil

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:39:19 -0500, johnfoss
wrote:

I prefer calling it a B.C. Wheel since it's not impossible.

It's not B.C. either.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
If the crank is moving then it really sounds as if it's loose. - onewheeldave trying to pinpoint the cause of a clicking crank

Old September 13th 03, 12:01 AM
daino149

What does B.C. stand for?

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

A One That Isn't Cold Is Scardely A One At All

Old September 13th 03, 12:42 AM
grey

daino149 wrote:
*What does B.C. stand for?

Daniel *

Taken from the "wheel" ridden in the newspaper comic strip B.C. (as
opposed to A.D.) which is published in the States. See attached
pictu

--
grey - Associate Member

The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers.

spoken by Dick the butcher, in Henry VI, Part 2
- William Shakespeare

grey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4330

Old September 13th 03, 12:44 AM
grey

daino149 wrote:
*What does B.C. stand for?

Daniel *

Picture following?

| Attachment filename: thor4.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/161955|

Old September 13th 03, 12:51 AM
daino149

Thanks ya'll

Old September 13th 03, 01:27 AM
Klaas Bil

grey wrote:
*

Taken from the "wheel" ridden in the newspaper comic strip B.C. (as
opposed to A.D.) which is published in the States. See attached
pictu *

He must be good. He makes it look so easy! And he's very much like my
Fred Flintstone imagination.

Klaas Bil

--
Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict