Rasmussen out

Old July 25th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Default Rasmussen out

Withdrawm by his team, "for violating an internal rule."
No stance on whether the team will start tomorrow.

--
E. Dronkert
Old July 25th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

Withdrawm by his team, "for violating an internal rule."
No stance on whether the team will start tomorrow.

Now we know whose bag got swapped with Vinokourov's.

Man, this is better than WWE Smackdown. If only the Lovely Miss Elizabeth
were still alive.

--
Bill Asher
Old July 25th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MrBob

In article ,
William Asher wrote:

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

Withdrawm by his team, "for violating an internal rule."
No stance on whether the team will start tomorrow.

Now we know whose bag got swapped with Vinokourov's.

Man, this is better than WWE Smackdown. If only the Lovely Miss Elizabeth
were still alive.

It's been reported that he lied to his team about his whereabouts:

From EuroSport:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/250720...de-france.html

Rasmussen out of Tour de France
Wed 25 Jul, 10:22 PM

PAU, France (AFP) - Yellow jersey wearer Michael Rasmussen was
sensationally kicked out of the Tour de France by his own Rabobank team,
the Dutch outfit revealed on Wednesday.
The Dane had seemingly weathered the storm over missing four out of
competition dope tests in the past 18 months and had won Wednesday's
stage to all but seal overall victory.
However the team has learnt that Rasmussen lied to them over where and
what he was up to during the month of June when he was in fact in Italy
and not in Mexico as he had told them.
Rasmussen had won two stages during the Tour, though, his presence at
the race was questioned by several officials and from the race
organisers as well.
His departure leaves young Spaniard Alberto Contador in the lead with
Australian Cadel Evans in second.
Old July 25th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 25, 11:29 pm, MrBob wrote:

His departure leaves young Spaniard Alberto Contador in the lead

Yeah, but there's still four more days to kick him out, too.

Old July 25th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jim Flom

"MrBob" wrote in message
In article ,
William Asher wrote:

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

Withdrawm by his team, "for violating an internal rule."
No stance on whether the team will start tomorrow.

Now we know whose bag got swapped with Vinokourov's.

Man, this is better than WWE Smackdown. If only the Lovely Miss
Elizabeth
were still alive.

It's been reported that he lied to his team about his whereabouts:

From EuroSport:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/250720...de-france.html

Rasmussen out of Tour de France

Ironic that such a gift should come to Disco in this way.

Old July 25th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

MrBob wrote:

In article ,
William Asher wrote:

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

Withdrawm by his team, "for violating an internal rule."
No stance on whether the team will start tomorrow.

Now we know whose bag got swapped with Vinokourov's.

Man, this is better than WWE Smackdown. If only the Lovely Miss
Elizabeth were still alive.

It's been reported that he lied to his team about his whereabouts:

From EuroSport:

[...]

Keep in mind I predicted this. Contador is next, then Evans and
Leipheimer. Kirchen is now safe since he's dropped down below Valverde.

¡Viva España!

--
Bill Asher
Old July 25th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
kaiser

Gosh, how are we gonna handle all of these falsely accused people?
Floyd, Tyler, Basso, Rasmussen, Vinokourov?

Oh the humanity.

Old July 25th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Ironic that such a gift should come to Disco in this way.

My guess is that Discovery would rather have a legit 2nd place than a 1st
place with an asterisk, even though the asterisk is due to the action of
another rider on another team. Actually two other riders on two other teams.
This could be the TdF that rivals the 84 Olympics.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Jim Flom" wrote in message
"MrBob" wrote in message
In article ,
William Asher wrote:

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

Withdrawm by his team, "for violating an internal rule."
No stance on whether the team will start tomorrow.

Now we know whose bag got swapped with Vinokourov's.

Man, this is better than WWE Smackdown. If only the Lovely Miss
Elizabeth
were still alive.

It's been reported that he lied to his team about his whereabouts:

From EuroSport:

Old July 25th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jul 25, 5:40 pm, wrote:
On Jul 25, 11:29 pm, MrBob wrote:

His departure leaves young Spaniard Alberto Contador in the lead

Yeah, but there's still four more days to kick him out, too.

Those tracking implants are looking better every day, and you had damn
well better not marry, or be, someone from "an unusual location".
Let it all come crashing down! Or brand the *******s and chain them
up.
Bill C

Old July 25th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

wrote:

Withdrawm by his team, "for violating an internal rule."
No stance on whether the team will start tomorrow.

--
E. Dronkert- Hide quoted text -

The same way the Soviets handled the "mentally sick criminals" who
thought the Gulags and purges were a bad thing.
Bill C

How do I get a body like Rasmussen? Hell and High Water Racing 9 July 23rd 07 02:11 AM
Rasmussen Toast? Davey Crockett[_3_] Racing 27 July 23rd 07 12:30 AM
rasmussen Bounty Bob Racing 12 June 17th 06 09:23 AM
Rasmussen Texan Australia 29 August 1st 05 02:59 AM
Rasmussen Thomas Lund Racing 9 July 17th 05 08:10 PM