Dr. Ian Walker speaks...

Old September 28th 06, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Dunne

Default Dr. Ian Walker speaks...

Check out the podcast at

http://www.crankk.com/blog/

(can be listened to straight from the page, no special stuff required)

....where Larry from Crankk interviews Dr Ian Walker, the guy who published
the paper on H*lm*ts and overtaking distance. It's a good interview, and may
interest people here. Larry's previous 2 part interview with Edward Genochio
is also worth a listen.

As an aside, cycling podcasts are getting interesting; cycling news and
views, the Fredcast, Crankk, Bikescape and The Bike Show are all essential
listening here. Anyone else got any recommendations?

Tim

Sent from Birmingham, UK timdunne at blueyonder.co.uk
'God's electrician sparked up the heavens once again, heading northbound
on the 7:10. And the lord said let there be commuters...' - Thea Gilmore
Look, mum, an anorak on a bike! Check out www.nervouscyclist.org

Old September 29th 06, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Tim Dunne wrote:
Check out the podcast at

http://www.crankk.com/blog/

Yes a good listen. It cleared up one point I had wondered about. Dr
Walker being hit twice during a short study. As distance from the kerb
was one variable Dr Walker did not swerve if he felt an overtaking
vehicle was dangerously close as doing so would invalidate his data.
He said in normal cycling neither hit would have happened as he
would have swerved to avoid them. Not statistically significant of
course but both hits were when he was wearing a helmet and one was by a
truck and one by a bus.
At least if he had been knocked of his helmet would have saved his
life.

Iain

Old September 29th 06, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Tim Dunne" writes:
| Check out the podcast at
|
| http://www.crankk.com/blog/
|
| (can be listened to straight from the page, no special stuff required)

You need speakers and audio software, at the very least; that is
special.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old September 29th 06, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick Maclaren

In article . com,
" writes:

| At least if he had been knocked of his helmet would have saved his
| life.

Now, now. Trolling is immoral. Feel free to take the ****, but so
much has been extracted on this topic that people have sensitive
bladders.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old September 29th 06, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Dunne

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

You need speakers and audio software, at the very least; that is
special.

FWIW, I was attempting to point out that you didn't need an iPod to listen
to a podcast, it could be done from the majority of home PC's.

Suit yourself. Are you a professional pedant, or just a very competent
amateur?

Tim

Sent from Birmingham, UK timdunne at blueyonder.co.uk

Old September 30th 06, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Tim Dunne" writes:

| Suit yourself. Are you a professional pedant, or just a very competent
| amateur?

I am a a professional pedant, with 40 years experience, and am widely
regarded as being quite skilled in my field.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old September 30th 06, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

Nick Maclaren wrote on 30/09/2006 10:53 +0100:
In article ,
"Tim Dunne" writes:

| Suit yourself. Are you a professional pedant, or just a very competent
| amateur?

I am a a professional pedant, with 40 years experience, and am widely
regarded as being quite skilled in my field.

May I point out that you have a surplus "a" in your post? ;-)

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci
Old September 30th 06, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Tony Raven writes:

| I am a a professional pedant, with 40 years experience, and am widely
| regarded as being quite skilled in my field.
|
| May I point out that you have a surplus "a" in your post? ;-)

You may, indeed. Thank you for doing so.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Behold, Tyler speaks Jason Spaceman Racing 4 May 1st 05 12:04 PM
First Wheel Walker? G-Ballz Unicycling 3 March 4th 05 08:08 AM
Chris Walker & Drool Alec Sander Racing 13 February 26th 05 03:53 AM
Cyclist died after crash with walker Brian Drury UK 40 January 3rd 05 02:08 PM
Fast Freddy speaks. Joao de Souza Recumbent Biking 8 February 17th 04 02:37 PM