1946 Raleighs

Old May 6th 12, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default 1946 Raleighs

On May 5, 7:22*am, AMuzi wrote:
http://film.britishcouncil.org/how-a-bicycle-is-made

--
Andrew Muzi
* www.yellowjersey.org/

Crikey! It sure didn't take long for this to degenerate into a
political thread did it? Too bad comments couldn't have stayed on the
topic of how the Raleighs were made back in 1946. :( VBSG It's
fascinating to see the craftmanship at play here on the various
components and steps of assembly. I found the making of the cranks and
the stamping of the chainring teeth to be of particualr interest. I
showed the clip to a friend of mine who owns a vintage Raleigh and he
was quite intrigued also. Thanks Andrew for sharing this clip.

Cheers
Old May 7th 12, 03:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey Shouman

"Ian Field" writes:

"Tom $herman (-_-)" " wrote in
message ...

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Crikey! It sure didn't take long for this to degenerate into a
political thread did it? Too bad comments couldn't have stayed on the
topic of how the Raleighs were made back in 1946. :( VBSG It's
fascinating to see the craftmanship at play here on the various
components and steps of assembly. I found the making of the cranks and
the stamping of the chainring teeth to be of particualr interest. I
showed the clip to a friend of mine who owns a vintage Raleigh and he
was quite intrigued also. Thanks Andrew for sharing this clip.

I not only rode my 1953 this morning, but I got the Free Bike Wash, and
with some lightning too.

Did you get a free bike bath by riding through a City of Madison Water
Feature (aka rain filled pothole)?

In the UK the potholes are so bad we have to swerve round the pinnacles of
tarmac still remaining!

You have nothing on the Russians:

http://videosift.com/video/In-the-Ne...-Have-Potholes

Old May 7th 12, 05:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

On 5/7/2012 10:42 AM, Radey Shouman wrote:
"Ian writes:

In the UK the potholes are so bad we have to swerve round the pinnacles of
tarmac still remaining!

You have nothing on the Russians:

http://videosift.com/video/In-the-Ne...-Have-Potholes

As this video demonstrates, the real problem with water filled potholes
is you don't know how deep they are. This can make night riding in
particular very dangerous on bad roads with standing water.
Old May 7th 12, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
ian field

"Radey Shouman" wrote in message
"Ian Field" writes:

"Tom $herman (-_-)" " wrote in
message ...

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Potholes and sink holes are different things entirely.

1946 Raleighs AMuzi Techniques 390 May 26th 12 07:17 PM
Historic 1946 Ebike from England chewbacca Techniques 3 February 6th 08 10:17 PM
Sheldon was right--don't write off those (formerly) ubiquitious old Raleighs landotter General 6 October 1st 06 07:50 AM