LYME SPREADS

Old November 15th 12, 12:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default LYME SPREADS

SOCKS OVER PANTS LEGS

https://news.google.com/news/section...HoUCkkpSfP0ux6
Old November 15th 12, 12:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 11/14/2012 6:06 PM, datakoll wrote:

SOCKS OVER PANTS LEGS

https://news.google.com/news/section...HoUCkkpSfP0ux6

More area now:

http://www2.cedarcrest.edu/academic/...aseRisk-US.gif

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old November 15th 12, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:21:25 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 11/14/2012 6:06 PM, datakoll wrote:

SOCKS OVER PANTS LEGS

https://news.google.com/news/section...HoUCkkpSfP0ux6

More area now:

http://www2.cedarcrest.edu/academic/...aseRisk-US.gif

After a nice forest hike last Sunday, we drove home, I biked out for fast food, brought it back and was sitting at our kitchen table when I saw my first ever deer tick. It was crawling on my wrist!

- Frank Krygowski

Old November 15th 12, 05:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

wrote:
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:21:25 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
On 11/14/2012 6:06 PM, datakoll wrote:

SOCKS OVER PANTS LEGS

https://news.google.com/news/section...HoUCkkpSfP0ux6

More area now:

http://www2.cedarcrest.edu/academic/...aseRisk-US.gif

After a nice forest hike last Sunday, we drove home, I biked out for fast food, brought it back and was sitting at our kitchen table when I saw my first ever deer tick. It was crawling on my wrist!
- Frank Krygowski

My son went hiking a couple weeks ago with his girlfriend and both came back with lots of deer ticks. I told him that's why God made mountain bikes, if you go fast enough they can't get on you.

--
Android Usenet Reader
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk
Old November 15th 12, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Per Peter Cole:
I told him that's why God made mountain bikes, if you go fast enough they can't get on you.

I never thought about the motion/speed aspect.

Around here (Southeastern Penna, USA) being a bird watcher seems
tb synonymous with having Lyme disease.
--
Pete Cresswell
Old November 15th 12, 08:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:09:39 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Peter Cole:

I told him that's why God made mountain bikes, if you go fast enough they can't get on you.

I never thought about the motion/speed aspect.

Around here (Southeastern Penna, USA) being a bird watcher seems

tb synonymous with having Lyme disease.

That's scary.

We have lots of deer. We've seen up to a dozen in our backyard, and the woods just beyond. So far, no ticks at home though, and we're not supposed to be a high risk area.

However, the hike that generated that one tick was in an area that supposedly has even less risk. :-/

- Frank Krygowski
Old November 15th 12, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:37:24 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:09:39 PM UTC-5, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Per Peter Cole:

I told him that's why God made mountain bikes, if you go fast enough they can't get on you.

I never thought about the motion/speed aspect.

Around here (Southeastern Penna, USA) being a bird watcher seems

tb synonymous with having Lyme disease.

That's scary.

We have lots of deer. We've seen up to a dozen in our backyard, and the woods just beyond. So far, no ticks at home though, and we're not supposed to be a high risk area.

However, the hike that generated that one tick was in an area that supposedly has even less risk. :-/

- Frank Krygowski

Rather like bicycling sometimes when something that is supposed to be low risk turns out to be high risk - such as the 6 Quebec bicyclists struck from behind and three of them killed.

Cheers
Old November 15th 12, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:51:26 PM UTC-5, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

Yep. NOTHING is without risk. That doesn't mean I'll be afraid of watching birds, or hiking where deer might be. And I won't advise others to be afraid, either.

- Frank Krygowski

Old November 15th 12, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Nov 15, 12:37 pm, wrote:

snip

That's scary.

... we're not supposed to be a high risk [whatever]

However, the [whatever] that generated that one [whatever] was [whatever] that supposedly has even less risk. :-/

Hmm...

LYME TICK UPDATE datakoll Techniques 1 April 17th 12 06:12 AM
LYME DISEASE kolldata Techniques 0 June 23rd 11 04:28 AM
The squirrel menace spreads beyond bikes Kristian M Zoerhoff General 11 August 18th 06 10:04 PM