Dear Velonews....

Old March 24th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Dear Velonews....

Thank you for the video page!
http://www.velonews.com/vntv/

BUT... You might want to test it.
Fails in Firefox 1.5 and in Nutscrape I got sound but no video or graphics.

Old March 24th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Earl writes:

Thank you for the video page!
http://www.velonews.com/vntv/

BUT... You might want to test it.
Fails in Firefox 1.5 and in Nutscrape I got sound but no video or graphics.

on a *nix box it plays the spam ok using xine

as for the rest, the races haven't been run yet

--
Le Vent , Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
Gun Control Works

Old March 24th 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Earl" wrote in message
Thank you for the video page!
http://www.velonews.com/vntv/

BUT... You might want to test it.
Fails in Firefox 1.5 and in Nutscrape I got sound but no video or
graphics.

I'm assuming you are aware of www.cycling.tv ??? I have not tried it in
either FF or NS.

-p

Old March 25th 06, 09:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Davey Crockett wrote:
on a *nix box it plays the spam ok using xine

as for the rest, the races haven't been run yet

I think there is a xine plugin for firefox as well.

Old March 25th 06, 09:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Davey Crockett wrote:
on a *nix box it plays the spam ok using xine

as for the rest, the races haven't been run yet

I think there is a xine plugin for firefox as well.

Well yes, it's in fact the Nutscrape xine plugin I'm using with Opera

But in fact I don't use X all that much and am contemplating buying a
real TV set and getting a feed for the Giro since I'm going to be
travelling all the month of April and it won't be worth the expense
until I get back.

--
Le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime

Old March 25th 06, 09:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Davey Crockett wrote:
on a *nix box it plays the spam ok using xine

as for the rest, the races haven't been run yet

I think there is a xine plugin for firefox as well.

I guess the guy is a Windoze user, but I looked at Failfox and
Blunderbird and gave them a _JunkWare_ rating compared with Opera and
Gnus although they are very popular

--
Le Vent à Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
Close the Madrasas - Stop the Buggery
Old March 25th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

I guess the guy is a Windoze user, but I looked at Failfox and
Blunderbird and gave them a _JunkWare_ rating compared with Opera and
Gnus although they are very popular

I gave up on Opera as it kept CRASHING.
IT was worse than Explorer. FireFox has
been very stable in comparison.

--
---
William O'Hara
Old March 25th 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Davey Crockett wrote:

Davey Crockett wrote:
on a *nix box it plays the spam ok using xine

as for the rest, the races haven't been run yet

I think there is a xine plugin for firefox as well.

I guess the guy is a Windoze user, but I looked at Failfox and
Blunderbird and gave them a _JunkWare_ rating compared with Opera and
Gnus although they are very popular

Irregardless of the fact that your Cred-O-Meter has achieved 1995 Riis
like levels Velonews has chosen to release a cool new on-line feature
thats excludes Macs, *nix and all leading non IE browsers. That's just
silly in this day and age. Visitors should let them know about it. Or as
normal degenerate into the "I'm running my custom Debian build on an
Xbox 360 over a satellite feed while wearing a full skin suit" type
****ing match which simply reaffirms their choice.

I'm use a browser that doesn't work on the Velonews video site. It
happens to be the second most popular web browser in the world. Please
support it if possible! Thank you, long time viewer supporter and
subscriber.

Old March 25th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Earl" wrote in message
Thank you for the video page!
http://www.velonews.com/vntv/

BUT... You might want to test it.
Fails in Firefox 1.5 and in Nutscrape I got sound but no video or
graphics.

Am I missing something about this? I get a bunch of upcoming things but
the featured video shows nothing. And here I was getting all excited
when I read this!

-S-

Old March 25th 06, 08:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Earl writes:

Davey Crockett wrote:

Davey Crockett wrote:
on a *nix box it plays the spam ok using xine

as for the rest, the races haven't been run yet
I think there is a xine plugin for firefox as well.

I guess the guy is a Windoze user, but I looked at Failfox and
Blunderbird and gave them a _JunkWare_ rating compared with Opera and
Gnus although they are very popular

Irregardless of the fact that your Cred-O-Meter has achieved 1995 Riis
like levels Velonews has chosen to release a cool new on-line feature
thats excludes Macs, *nix and all leading non IE browsers.

I told you it works on a *nix box with a xine plugin insofar as the
spam/demo was concerned

That's just
silly in this day and age. Visitors should let them know about it. Or
as normal degenerate into the "I'm running my custom Debian build on
an Xbox 360 over a satellite feed while wearing a full skin suit" type
****ing match which simply reaffirms their choice.

If you really want to use a Piece of **** operating system with a
Piece of **** Browser that uses a 10 years out of date Gecko rendering
engine, that's your problem

I'm use a browser that doesn't work on the Velonews video site. It
happens to be the second most popular web browser in the world. Please
support it if possible! Thank you, long time viewer supporter and
subscriber.

Besides, there isn't a self respecting bikie who wouldn't **** on Velo
News for the bull**** they pulled on VeloNet 10 and a bit years ago

And apart from trying the site you gave, I'll probably never go there
again

[quote]
VELONET TRADEMARK THREATENED!

Greetings VeloNet Lovers,

The legal representatives of Inside Communications, publishers of
VELONEWS and Inside Triathlon, have written to me insisting that we
cease to use the VeloNet trademark to describe the online services
provided on cycling.org. They claim that they are unaware of any
other "bicycling related product, publication, or company using VELO
alone or in combination with other elements or words."
Consequently, my use of the term VeloNet "dilutes the
distinctiveness of Inside Communications' family of trademarks and
creates the erroneous impression among consumers and others in the
industry that there is some relationship between you and your
VeloNet service and Inside Communications and/or its various
publications."

As most of you know, VeloNet is a purely volunteer operation
managed in my spare time. No money is charged for any of the
services provided and no sponsorship is sought or
accepted. Moreover, I recently declined an offer from a commercial
online service to buy the VeloNet trademark.

I have nothing against the folks at VELONEWS and Inside Triathlon
and sincerely hope that we can resolve this issue amicably. At the same
time, given the time I have put into the VeloNet project, and the
usefulness it has provided to tens of thousands of cyber-cyclists,
I am reluctant to cave into their legal posturing.

If you are a copyright lawyer, or have legal experience in the
field of trademarks and copyrights, I would greatly appreciate your
advice in this matter.
[END QUOTE]

But they learned a good lesson. 20,000 of us unsubscribed within
minutes of reading the above missive from Patrick Goebel and backed
off from their claim, publishing a half hearted apology in their next
edition

Filthy Stinking Money Grubbing Pigs - That's VeloNews for you

BOYCOTT VELONEWS - DON'T READ IT
Le Vent a Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
Dresden: Never Again
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/public.pages/sig/dresden.ram

Simple Green and Chains - Velonews article Llatikcuf Techniques 14 December 1st 05 04:26 AM
Velonews and Plagiarism Joe King Racing 0 November 18th 05 09:31 PM
Who Are The Velonews Mystery Pros? B Lafferty Racing 29 February 16th 05 06:39 PM
Velonews typo MagillaGorilla Racing 0 November 16th 04 01:03 PM
Billy removes support from Peewee (seeXXXVII for a Laugh) Di Social Issues 3 October 29th 04 05:31 AM