Mike Jacoubowsky, great letter in velonews

Old August 13th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Crescentius Vespasianus

Default Mike Jacoubowsky, great letter in velonews

Bill wrote:
Mike I enjoyed your comments.
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13086.0.html
In spite of all its flaws, the Tour is an incredible spectacle. Wish I could
have been there.
Bill

-----------------
The only way they could of got me there
is the same way they got those taliban
prisoners to Gitmo.

Old August 13th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Aug 13, 3:44 pm, "Bill" wrote:
Mike I enjoyed your comments.http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13086.0.html
In spite of all its flaws, the Tour is an incredible spectacle. Wish I could
have been there.
Bill

yeah. 100 degree hot wind blowing over plowed fields, days spent
getting to and from a mountain infested with drunk germans, bad
overpriced food, overflowing...no potable drinking water
versus
hjgjgd mmff dbwewe...

Old August 14th 07, 07:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Jacoubowsky

Mike I enjoyed your
comments.http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13086.0.html
In spite of all its flaws, the Tour is an incredible spectacle. Wish I
could
have been there.
Bill

yeah. 100 degree hot wind blowing over plowed fields, days spent
getting to and from a mountain infested with drunk germans, bad
overpriced food, overflowing...no potable drinking water
versus
hjgjgd mmff dbwewe...

The temps from the Pyrenees-on were actually quite mild, probably rarely
above 80F. And, again regarding the Pyrenees, it's a myth that it's
difficult to get around. We left no earlier than 9am for the days we climbed
the Aubisque and Port de Bales, and had no problem making it all the way to
the top of each climb a fair amount ahead of the caravan (well ahead of the
riders). Food is, for the most part, quite reasonable in France. Not much
trouble with water either, especially if you're a cyclist. Go into any bar
and ask for "Eeau ordinaire" (tap water) and they'll be happy to take care
of you. That plus just about every village has its own cental drinkable
water source. Drunk Germans? Primarily in the Alps.

So what was your complaint again?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old August 14th 07, 01:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Aug 14, 2:25 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
[...]

lsten mike, humor directed at the TdF and France, is distinct from
your opinions and wonderful experiences at the TdF, as it supports
your post, opinions and wonderful experiences at the TdF while I sit
here in an A/C room watching Versus and Phil Ligget and...

Old August 14th 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

On Aug 14, 12:25 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
[...]

Have you done the same type of trip to the Giro? My first choice but
I've been tainted by France in a previous life(USN).

Old August 14th 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Jacoubowsky

Have you done the same type of trip to the Giro? My first choice but
I've been tainted by France in a previous life(USN).

Everyone I know who's done the Giro has had an extraordinary experience.
Much more open than the TdF (easier access to the riders etc). I haven't
been yet, but one of these days. The Stelvio is calling to me!

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com" wrote in
message ups.com...

Old August 14th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Aug 13, 2:47 pm, Crescentius Vespasianus
wrote:
Bill wrote:
Mike I enjoyed your comments.
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/13086.0.html
In spite of all its flaws, the Tour is an incredible spectacle. Wish I could
have been there.
Bill

-----------------
The only way they could of got me there
is the same way they got those taliban
prisoners to Gitmo.

Maybe Mike didn't watch the movie?

Old August 15th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Smokey

On Aug 14, 1:25 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
[...]

Mike, do you rent your bikes there or take your own ones over? I'm
sure if you take them they're Treks; which model do you use?

Smokey

Old August 15th 07, 07:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Jacoubowsky

Mike, do you rent your bikes there or take your own ones over? I'm
sure if you take them they're Treks; which model do you use?

Smokey

I've done the TdF gig just about every way possible. This year my son & I
brought over our own bikes. I used my "rain" bike, a Trek 5900, that's been
through the wars and isn't going to mind a few more chips here and there
(unlike my Project One painted Madone 5.9 SSL, which I brought with me last
year and the TSA folk did what they could to try and do a number on it). My
son has a Trek Pilot 2.1 that he's outgrowing and will be moving shortly to
a Trek 5000, but again we figured we were better off leaving the nicer stuff
at home.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

oups.com...