CO Dudes...

Old September 6th 06, 11:40 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Tom Purvis

Default CO Dudes...

MattB wrote:
I may be looking to loop Agate one day, so maybe I can meet you guys at
the top or on the trail somewhere. I'll let you know as a plan emerges.

I would call it a medium-strength maybe that I could join you fellers.
Which day for the Agate loop? Saturday?
--
Tom Purvis - Salida, CO
http://arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/

Old September 6th 06, 01:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Tom Purvis wrote:
MattB wrote:
I may be looking to loop Agate one day, so maybe I can meet you guys at
the top or on the trail somewhere. I'll let you know as a plan emerges.

I would call it a medium-strength maybe that I could join you fellers.
Which day for the Agate loop? Saturday?
--
Tom Purvis - Salida, CO
http://arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/

I'll post a message with day, time, and ride here as soon as I hear back
from the ride leader.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Old September 6th 06, 02:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Tom Purvis wrote:
MattB wrote:
I may be looking to loop Agate one day, so maybe I can meet you guys at
the top or on the trail somewhere. I'll let you know as a plan emerges.

I would call it a medium-strength maybe that I could join you fellers.
Which day for the Agate loop? Saturday?
--
Tom Purvis - Salida, CO
http://arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/

The Agate Creek ride is on Sunday. We will meet at the top of Monarch
Pass. Lets shoot for 10:00 am with a fudge factor built in just in case
we're a little slow getting going that morning.

We meet up at the Pass, leave our gear there and drive shuttle vehicles
down the west side of the Pass about 6 miles.

Since this is a National Mountain Bike Patrol supported ride, I am
responsible for one or both of you. So don't get hurt, cause I'll have
to fix you up and you wouldn't want that (as Dr. Smith once said... Oh,
the pain!). Yeah, right. Like I will even feel the wind as you blow by
me.

Hope to see you there.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 6th 06, 03:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Shawn Curry

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Tom Purvis wrote:

MattB wrote:

I may be looking to loop Agate one day, so maybe I can meet you guys at
the top or on the trail somewhere. I'll let you know as a plan emerges.

I would call it a medium-strength maybe that I could join you fellers.
Which day for the Agate loop? Saturday?
--
Tom Purvis - Salida, CO
http://arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/

I'll post a message with day, time, and ride here as soon as I hear back
from the ride leader.

Shot my Salida wad last weekend flying gliders (that was me waving to
you on the road up to the airport no Monday Tom).

Have fun. I might be able to synch up with Mitch and/or Matt later on
the front range.

Shawn
Old September 6th 06, 04:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Tom Purvis wrote:

MattB wrote:

[...]

Cool. I'll see what I can come up with. MrsB feels like she needs to get
away from Jr. since I'm about to leave for a while. Unfortunately she
hasn't solidified her plans so I'm not sure which day or if I'll even
get enough of a day to do the ride. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and
trying to offer suggestions that might suit us both.
If I can do it I'll probably just come and climb Old Monarch and find
you guys on Crest/Agate somewhere if I miss the 10:00 meeting time.

Tom - you want to ride up with me? How long did it take you guys last
time? I'm thinking maybe I'll start 8:30-ish if I can swing it. I may
bring a friend or two also.

Matt
Old September 6th 06, 04:29 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

MattB wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Tom Purvis wrote:

MattB wrote:

[...]

Good! Maybe that will tire you out enough for us slowpokes.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot (Doubt it) o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 6th 06, 08:04 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Tom Purvis

MattB wrote:
Tom - you want to ride up with me? How long did it take you guys last
time? I'm thinking maybe I'll start 8:30-ish if I can swing it. I may
bring a friend or two also.

8:30 should be a reasonable start time. As I recall the whole way
from the convenience store in Sargents took us about an hour and
45 minutes, but that was in driving rain for half the time. On a dry
surface it would probably be more like 90 minutes. And I'd be more
likely to leave my rig on the Whitepine road somewhere than all
the way back in Sargents this time.

Not sure if I'll know I can be there before Sunday morning.
But I'll keep it in mind.

Old September 6th 06, 08:12 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Tom Purvis wrote:
MattB wrote:
Tom - you want to ride up with me? How long did it take you guys last
time? I'm thinking maybe I'll start 8:30-ish if I can swing it. I may
bring a friend or two also.

8:30 should be a reasonable start time. As I recall the whole way
from the convenience store in Sargents took us about an hour and
45 minutes, but that was in driving rain for half the time. On a dry
surface it would probably be more like 90 minutes. And I'd be more
likely to leave my rig on the Whitepine road somewhere than all
the way back in Sargents this time.

Not sure if I'll know I can be there before Sunday morning.
But I'll keep it in mind.
--
Tom Purvis - Salida, CO
http://arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/

Whatever happens, let me know if we should wait for you or at least see
you somewhere on the trail.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 6th 06, 09:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

Tom Purvis wrote:
MattB wrote:

Tom - you want to ride up with me? How long did it take you guys last
time? I'm thinking maybe I'll start 8:30-ish if I can swing it. I may
bring a friend or two also.

8:30 should be a reasonable start time. As I recall the whole way
from the convenience store in Sargents took us about an hour and
45 minutes, but that was in driving rain for half the time. On a dry
surface it would probably be more like 90 minutes. And I'd be more
likely to leave my rig on the Whitepine road somewhere than all
the way back in Sargents this time.

Not sure if I'll know I can be there before Sunday morning.
But I'll keep it in mind.
--
Tom Purvis - Salida, CO
http://arkansasvalley.net/tpurvis/

I usually park at the campground where the trail ends.
I may not know until then either. So maybe I'll see ya!

Matt (or maybe not...)

bike trade-ins (melbourne) ? dej Australia 10 May 3rd 06 01:32 AM
Hey Salida dudes MattB Mountain Biking 0 September 14th 05 09:46 PM
UK dudes... Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 5 July 21st 05 05:00 PM
dudes when is there gonna be a unicycle video game? saminsaneman Unicycling 46 September 1st 04 07:59 PM