24" Torker LX

Old December 9th 08, 12:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MondayHopscotch

Default 24" Torker LX

I bought one in October, it's treated me very well so far.

My friend is learning now and wants one of his own. From what I've seen
the LX is a very good beginner uni. Do you all agree with this
statement?

If you do agree, where is the cheapest place it can be ordered online?
(We live in Denver, Colorado)

If you disagree, what other uni would be good for my friend in the $100
- $150 range?

--
MondayHopscotch
Old December 9th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
FluxUni

it's the best learner. Beyondbikes.com has the cheapest I've seen.

--
FluxUni
Old December 9th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MondayHopscotch

Cool! 115 isn't bad at all. I can't get it to add to my cart, so I have
no idea how much shipping would be. (to U.S. zip code 80465)

Thanks anyhow I'll keep trying to see if i can get it to work.

--
MondayHopscotch
Old December 9th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
OneWheelLess

The lx is definitely the uni I'd recommend.
I'd suggest checking w/ your local bike shops about wether they can get
them and how much they would cost. I know of two in my area that would
do 115 no problem and that would save shipping as well. My 26" lx came
with a crooked frame and my bike shop talked to torker and had a new
frame sent out emmediately. It's nice to get that kind of service.
If you do decide to buy online, you should be able to find someone w/
free shipping and still only pay 110-115.
Good luck!

--
OneWheelLess

Seriously, the other wheel just fell off one day.
Old December 9th 08, 02:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MondayHopscotch

I'm actually working with my friends mom to get it for him as a
christmas present.

She found 2 sites with free shipping, but both had it for 150.
I got mine from magicgeek.com for 118 shipped, but they sold out and
haven't had any new one's in stock since the beginning of november.

My local bike shop is terrible. I have to look around and see if there
is a better one anywhere nearby.

Thanks for the help! And if you for some reason happen to see any deals
one uni's for less than 150, hit me up

--
MondayHopscotch
Old December 9th 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zfox001

my first uni has been a torker LX and it has been perfect for learning
on....nice and durable.
I have moved on now...i just ordered a new KH24 and I am really excited
to start riding it...that is if it ever gets here...

but ya....i would definitely recommend it is a beginners uni

--
zfox001
Old December 9th 08, 06:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MondayHopscotch

Cool! Well I'm pretty sure she is buying it tonight. She found one site
that had it for 129 with free shipping. So everything is good

Thanks again for the help.

--
MondayHopscotch