Levi should have won TdF?

Old August 7th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly

Default Levi should have won TdF?

Andy Coggan wrote:
On Aug 6, 1:44 pm, Dan Connelly
wrote:
Discovery's goal was to win the tour, not to have Levi win, nor to have Contador win. Coming out of Alpes, Contador had a better GC position, which he solidified with the W on stage 14. Still, despite convention, Discovery allowed Leipheimer to work for himself, as he dropped Contador toward the finish and took what could have been valuable bonus seconds on stage 15.

According to Contador, he was calling for Leipheimer to wait for him,
but apparently the message didn't get through.

Andy Coggan

Maybe they need that Motorola sponsorship again -- Brajkovic seemed to have the same problem:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007...lts/georgia075

Old August 7th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andy Coggan

On Aug 7, 1:58 pm, Dan Connelly
wrote:
Andy Coggan wrote:
On Aug 6, 1:44 pm, Dan Connelly
wrote:
Discovery's goal was to win the tour, not to have Levi win, nor to have Contador win. Coming out of Alpes, Contador had a better GC position, which he solidified with the W on stage 14. Still, despite convention, Discovery allowed Leipheimer to work for himself, as he dropped Contador toward the finish and took what could have been valuable bonus seconds on stage 15.

According to Contador, he was calling for Leipheimer to wait for him,
but apparently the message didn't get through.

Andy Coggan

Maybe they need that Motorola sponsorship again

Or Phonak.

Andy Coggan

Old August 7th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Donald Munro wrote:
monsler wrote:
In stages that I watched, he appeared to be significantly stronger
than Contador. In several, he was relentlessly attaching Rasmussen,
trying to crack him, while Contador just followed. Yet Levi was never
left behind at the finish by Rasmussen and Contador.

I didn't see every stage in detail, I admit. Perhaps I missed seeing
something?

Thoughts?

I think your satellite dish must be very valuable. It seems to be able to
pick up transmissions from alternate universes, like something out of the
twilight zone.

His newsgroup reader is special too. It seems to have thrown a July
posting nearly a week into August.

Those toys! Where does he get those wonderful toys?
Old August 7th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Araxen

Andy Coggan wrote:
On Aug 6, 1:44 pm, Dan Connelly
wrote:
Discovery's goal was to win the tour, not to have Levi win, nor to have Contador win. Coming out of Alpes, Contador had a better GC position, which he solidified with the W on stage 14. Still, despite convention, Discovery allowed Leipheimer to work for himself, as he dropped Contador toward the finish and took what could have been valuable bonus seconds on stage 15.

According to Contador, he was calling for Leipheimer to wait for him,
but apparently the message didn't get through.

Andy Coggan

Well if he bothered to learn English he might have gotten the message.
Old August 9th 07, 04:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Aug 6, 12:10 pm, wrote:
All,

Something I have not seen discussed: Should this have been Levi's year
to win the Tour de France?

Maybe it will still happen.

Hypothetical:
(1) Contador admits Puerto involvement and relinquishes maillot jaune.
(2) Evans is subsequently found (positive, guilty) of (fill in the
blank) from some time in (fill iny year) and is retroactively
suspended (after all appeals have failed).
(3) Levi is given the win of the 2007 Tour and on the same day* as
the announcement of the 2006 winner (whoever that may be).

DR

* Probably some time in 2009

Old August 9th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 20:46:00 -0700, DirtRoadie wrote:

On Aug 6, 12:10 pm, wrote:
All,

Something I have not seen discussed: Should this have been Levi's year
to win the Tour de France?

Maybe it will still happen.

Hypothetical:
(1) Contador admits Puerto involvement and relinquishes maillot jaune.
(2) Evans is subsequently found (positive, guilty) of (fill in the
blank) from some time in (fill iny year) and is retroactively
suspended (after all appeals have failed).
(3) Levi is given the win of the 2007 Tour and on the same day* as
the announcement of the 2006 winner (whoever that may be).

DR

* Probably some time in 2009

Don't forget the possibility that Levi, Kid or Cadel could be decreed out of
existence and their names scrubbed from the record book any time in the next few
decades. The Puerto stuff seems to be sticking to Contador in a fairly alarming
way.

The way the Tour's been going lately it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they just
announced that Contador shouldn't have been invited therefore cannot have won.
This would leave the future Benjo trying to explain why Cadel and Levi were
wheelsuckers when there were only ghosts on the road ahead of them.

Ron

Old August 9th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

DirtRoadie wrote:
On Aug 6, 12:10 pm, wrote:
All,

Something I have not seen discussed: Should this have been Levi's year
to win the Tour de France?

Maybe it will still happen.

Hypothetical:
(1) Contador admits Puerto involvement and relinquishes maillot jaune.
(2) Evans is subsequently found (positive, guilty) of (fill in the
blank) from some time in (fill iny year) and is retroactively
suspended (after all appeals have failed).
(3) Levi is given the win of the 2007 Tour and on the same day* as
the announcement of the 2006 winner (whoever that may be).

It's more likely that Sastre will be declared winner of both the 06
and the 07 edition (and get the 06 vuelta as a well deserved bonus).

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.
Old August 9th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andy Coggan

On Aug 7, 5:52 pm, Araxen wrote:
Andy Coggan wrote:
On Aug 6, 1:44 pm, Dan Connelly
wrote:
Discovery's goal was to win the tour, not to have Levi win, nor to have Contador win. Coming out of Alpes, Contador had a better GC position, which he solidified with the W on stage 14. Still, despite convention, Discovery allowed Leipheimer to work for himself, as he dropped Contador toward the finish and took what could have been valuable bonus seconds on stage 15.

According to Contador, he was calling for Leipheimer to wait for him,
but apparently the message didn't get through.

Andy Coggan

Well if he bothered to learn English he might have gotten the message.

Let me guess: you're from the US, aren't you?

Andy Coggan (who only speaks English, but still doesn't expect that
everyone else in the world learn the language)

Old August 9th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Aug 9, 12:23 pm, Morten Reippuert wrote:

It's more likely that Sastre will be declared winner of both the 06
and the 07 edition (and get the 06 vuelta as a well deserved bonus).

Ushering in a new era. Instead of records like "X grand tours won in Y
years" or "X consecutive wins" we may soon have "X grand tours won in
1 day" or "X simultaneous wins."

DR

See How Levi Rolls Casey Kerrigan Racing 2 April 11th 07 04:30 AM
Levi? [email protected] Racing 30 July 10th 06 11:23 AM
Levi, what have you done for us lately? Hunter Racing 1 June 17th 06 10:28 AM
Levi Rick Roof Racing 15 June 12th 06 03:56 AM
Levi didn't know...? Jet Racing 17 July 26th 05 02:00 PM