Unicon 14: results 10km

Old July 29th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
goldenchickenIV

Default Unicon 14: results 10km

GizmoDuck wrote:
This is what I have:

1 Chuck Edwall 20:01:40 geared 36/150mm
2 Beau Hoover 21:33:10 geared 36/150mm
3 Dustin Schaap 21:33:80 Fixed 36"/100mm cranks
4 Tony Melton 21:36:80 Sclumpf 36"/140mm cranks
5 Sam Wakeling 21:46:10 Fixed 36"/97mm cranks
6 Ken Looi 22:00:80 Sclumpf 29"/125mm cranks
7 Thomas Olsen 22:14:90 Schlumpf 29"
8 Arne Tilgen 22:22:20 geared 36"
9 Roger Davies 22:38:80 Fixed 36"
10 Scott Wilton 22:40:50 Fixed 36" (either 90mm or 100mm cranks,
can't remember)

I think the Schlumpfs had an advantage on this course also. I was
sitting quite comfortably halfway between Chuck and the chase group
until a kid walked in front of me and I slammed into him at 30km/hr
On a fixed wheel I think I would have been in the Beau/Dustin/Tony/Sam
chasing group...there's no way I would have pulled ahead.

Probably not very important but what happened to the kid?

--
goldenchickenIV
Old July 29th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

Ooh, Tony has a Schlumpf 36 set up now? He must have got his hands on
that KH 36 frame fast. I'll have to ask him how the 140s felt because
I was thinking about using that length for my geared 36 when I get my
hub back from florian and the kh 36 frame.

I am gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for the marathon results.

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my name | 'Myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout)
Old July 29th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

goldenchickenIV wrote:
Probably not very important but what happened to the kid?

We both landed down a bank, but we were OK apart from a few scrapes and
probably a tyre mark on the kid.

James...I sent Tony my original 36" Schlumpf frame with the Torque
lever attachement, and he built it up just before Unicon.

--
GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
www.sinzuni.org

The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
details.
Old July 29th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
goldenchickenIV

GizmoDuck wrote:
We both landed down a bank, but we were OK apart from a few scrapes and
probably a tyre mark on the kid.

Bad luck. But good to hear no one was injured. If the kid is smart he
will ask you to sign his tyre marked T-shirt. Not many people get run
over by a unicycle.

--
goldenchickenIV

Unicon 14: results 10km DustinSchaap Unicycling 18 July 30th 08 07:38 PM
Unicon 14: results 10km GizmoDuck Unicycling 3 July 30th 08 11:29 AM
IUF Rules-10km thieum Unicycling 1 July 13th 08 06:38 PM
Pacing for a 10km TT [email protected] Racing 20 June 2nd 06 12:57 PM
1st 10km on the KHS folder... C.J.Patten General 1 June 2nd 05 12:27 AM