my pedal snapped, possible striped crank-help

Old July 29th 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
adjuggler

Default my pedal snapped, possible striped crank-help

if all you did was take some of the coating off the crank then your
fine. (do people really need to mention that someone should upgrade to
khm's)

--
adjuggler

----------David---------
_661 (\"sixsixone.com\")_
'(Youtube
Page)'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/ADJuggler)
'(Vimeo)'
(http://www.vimeo.com/adjuggler)
Old July 29th 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

hungry4uni wrote:
I talking about the threads that wrap around on the crank, about 2 of
the O's on the crank got striped off

I think you need to better explain your problem.

You're talking about the threads where the crank attaches to the axle,
that you use with a crank puller right?

--
forrestunifreak

'*-My Gallery*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl) -
hasn't been
updated*www.qu-ax.com*
*unicycle for christ*

Joe "Hodgekins" wrote:
Oh... they don't kick bricks, do they?

Old July 29th 08, 06:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

no, i think he's talking where the pedal screws in, if so, it shouldn't
be too much of a problem as long as the wheel is on straight and
everything...

what kind of uni do you ride?
KH cranks might not even fit on it.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

do it for the joy, do it for the fun, do it for the looks, do it for
yourself.
Old July 29th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Nicf

he rides a nimbus trials

--
Nicf

'municycle.ca' (http://www.municycle.ca) the Best unicycle store
in canada!!
Old July 29th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

I can tell by the description of how "threads were left on the pedal ".

So we have an alum crank, with only 1/3 the pedal threads gone ! The
crank is 2/3 's good ! LOL

Really, I think that the remaining threads are full of cracks and ready
to go as well, what was so special about that first 1/3 that broke
?

Perhaps another pedal can be reinserted with JB Weld (epoxy goo), and
might go years in mild street use. I have seen it happen.

But as a "pedal snapper", only new cranks will work for you .

--
feel the light
Old July 29th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

hungry4uni wrote:
That part of the reason I am not getting KH's, because I risk stripping
and breaking them. essentially a wasted 85 bucks. Theses standard ones
do fine. I'm only 100 pounds

If you keep everything tight there's no worry

--
hobo_chuck
Old July 29th 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kyle_Destroyer

I stripped one O off my DX crank a while back, I put the pedal back in
but every day I have to retighten it, worry about it on every drop I
take, and it's never as tight as it could be.

And that's' only half as bad as yours, TECHNICALLY it still works, but
It'd really be better to have a better crank. You got lucky 'cause ISIS
cranks are abundant, 10 spline cranks aren't.

--
Kyle_Destroyer

Unicycle for Universalist Unitarianism!

Last time I cussed I got nerfed.....gersh dernit.
Old July 29th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

The threads of the KH cranks are much more durable. Its going to be -a
lot- more difficult to strip those. The cranks you have have alloy
threads. The KH cranks have CrMO steel inserts, much more durable.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *The First Serious Unicycle
Computer Game** - Follow the 'progress.'
(http://www.projectuni.com)'Munimage - The Imagery of Mountain
Unicycling.'

my pedal snapped, possible striped crank-help hungry4uni Unicycling 0 July 29th 08 05:25 AM
my pedal snapped, possible striped crank-help hungry4uni Unicycling 1 July 29th 08 05:15 AM
my pedal snapped, possible striped crank-help hungry4uni Unicycling 3 July 28th 08 11:56 PM
Pedal snapped DeF Australia 7 November 28th 06 12:53 AM
Snapped Look pedal steveb Techniques 38 October 10th 04 05:51 AM