Need to buy my own uni

Old July 29th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hypnotikrobot

Default Need to buy my own uni

I got into unicycling a couple of weeks ago when I stole my friends
basic cycle pro unicycle. Naturally he wants it back so now I need to
purchase my own. Where can I find nice cycles? The one I'm borrowing
seems fairly generic, and I'd like a nice one. I'm still learning and
all I can do is ride in a straight line. I really have no clue in what
to look for, so what are some good brands, and places to buy from?

TIA

--
hypnotikrobot
Old July 29th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tyler_N

where do you live. If you live in southern california the you should buy
from *uniproshop.com*

--
Tyler_N

UNIPROSHOP.COM
2nd*)---, '30ft Coaster~
')-mostpointlessthread-/--O'
'My latest video!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_OZvXtRlgY)

UniKid2 wrote:

dakoroman wrote:
analize

lol

'*MYSPACE*' (myspace.com/munirider)
Old July 29th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Nicf

www.municycle.ca for Canada
and www.unicycle.com for the rest of the world you can select you
country.

what would your budget be ???
I think that a nimbus trials is a very good unicycle to buy!!!

--
Nicf

'municycle.ca' (http://www.municycle.ca) the Best unicycle store
in canada!!
Old July 29th 08, 03:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

Because they ship free, they have the best "at your door price" I know
of for these uni's.

Perhaps the very best of cheap square (cotterless) hub uni's, the ax
torkers are the very best of cheap unis IMHO.

http://brandscycle.com/itemlist.cfm?pageId=180

Basically, they do everything they can to make it light as a feather,
strong for a square hub, and dirt cheap delivered with stainless
spokes, an alex alum rim and good tire, to your door for less then 200
$.

You need to spend a lot more $ if you want to do big drops (which
really depends how big you are), but at 180 lbs. , my ax 29 seems to be
doing real well in general (trailish really) muni.

I'm not knocking splined (expensive and a bit heavy) unis at all.
Because an ax torker is so cheap, I think it makes a great choice if
you want a general trail uni, and the price of a splined uni seems a
bit high.

--
feel the light
Old July 29th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
azvwbug

'The Unicycle Shop' (http://theunicycleshop.com) is also a place that
you can pick one up at.

--
azvwbug
Old July 29th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

Not one person asked him what sort of riding he's getting into....

For starting out I recommend a decent freestyle uni until you decide
you want to start doing trials/street/muni or,
sigh...*grumble*....commuting/distance/racing......

The reason for the freestyle uni is that it's easier to learn the basic
skills on and cheap enough that you're not out too much in the
beginning...
Go for the Nimbus X 20" or Torker LX if you're low on funds(upgrade to
shorter cranks on the LX)
Or if you really want to go crazy there's the Koxx-1 signature, but
that's pretty hard to get from what I hear..

To buy unicycles there's many, many more shops depending on where
you're buying from.

--
hobo_chuck
Old July 29th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
warlord14

the best online shop i know is unicycle.com or if you tell me the state
and town were you are i can probably find a bike shop near you that
sells basic unicycle's.

--
warlord14

"it's better to be an open sinner than a false saint"
Old July 30th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hypnotikrobot

Thanks guys. I live in Ottawa, Illinois and will be doing mostly street
riding. I'm looking to stay below or around $200, as always the cheaper
the better but I don't want to sacrifice quality. I really have no clue
on what brands to be looking for.

I'd be up for assembling my own or any decent completes.

--
hypnotikrobot
Old July 30th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

I'd go to UDC and buy a Black Widow. It's in your price range at $245.
I'd upgrade to some Moments or Sym's later.The new Kris Holm's are the
best uni's out their though.

--
Michaelgoround