Good MUNI spots in Washington(state)

Old July 26th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

Default Good MUNI spots in Washington(state)

So, I just got my new MUNI. All I need is someplace to ride.

I'm looking for really technical trails, something that perhaps has a
lot of drops and things like that. I'm not to fond of much uphill or
much cross country, but I do like technical downhill, and I suppose I'm
willing to take the uphill required to get there.

So, any Seattle area riders know of anything of the sort?

P.S. Is there any place in the area where you can ride a chairlift up
and ride back down? That's what I did in Switzerland and it was
amazing.

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism.

www.bedfordunicycles.ca
Old July 26th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I know we have Beacon Hill in Spokane, and some mountains not to far
away with a lift.

Ill ahve to go down to the bike shop by my hosue and ask those guys
where the best trails and places to ride ar at in and outside fo
Spokane, then you me and Phil, maybe Jackie could make it could have a
little Muni trip.

I still need to get my muni.

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for christ.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~team dirty
bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~')-2xlegwrap-o'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doz4jbiigy)
check out my 'gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. where
there's love and inspiration, i don't think you can go wrong.
~jerrick-
Old July 26th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

Ah yeah, that would be fun.

Except the driving to Spokane part

Old July 27th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

Several years ago cyclists were allowed to use the chair lifts and run
the down hill routes at Snoqualmie. It was a riot. I did them with
David Maxfield to check them out before NAUCC and UNICON when they were
here last. We did a massive downhill race there. I'm not sure but I
think that they discontinued the lifts for cycles.

We haven't done any ferried MUni rides (down hill only) that I know of
at least. We do the moderately hilly runs at St Edwards Park and Big
Finn Hill Park up in Juanita. I'm sure JC would love to have someone
ride Tiger Mountain (your neck of the woods) with him sometime. He's
ridden it solo a lot. I think Tom Blackwood is fond of the Beaver Lake
trails which is also in your area.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"In general, I'd like everyone to just stop treating one another like
crap. I see it every day. It sucks." - SqueakyOnion
Old July 28th 08, 06:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

Take a look at the 'I-5 Colonnade' (http://tinyurl.com/6mzcyf) trails
located under the I-5 freeway in Seattle near 'E Howe St'
(http://tinyurl.com/64sqes).

Fun trails there with technical trail features to play on. Small
compact area so you don't have to do long climbs.

The 'Galbraith'
(http://www.bbtc.org/wiki/index.php?t...rail:Galbraith) trails near
Bellingham. Some of the trails there have technical downhills, but
riding there requires lots of long dirt road climbs and a mix of XC.

There is an outlaw trail near Issiquah that has north shore style
features. Email me and we can plan a ride to ride there. No chair
lift. You have to earn your gravity karma.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark List'
(http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) :: 'World Clock'
(http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
Old July 28th 08, 08:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

john_childs wrote:
There is an outlaw trail near Issiquah that has north shore style
features.

Why hasn't it mentioned it to us, when -we- has an Issaquah address? It
deceiveses us, precious, and keepses the good trails to itself.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...
Old July 28th 08, 09:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

tomblackwood wrote:
Why hasn't it mentioned it to us, when -we- has an Issaquah address? It
deceiveses us, precious, and keepses the good trails to itself.

I think you've been there before. Harper has been there. Japanese
girls have been there.

I actually haven't ridden there in over two years. It will be
interesting to see what has changed there over that time.

Old July 29th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
blueharmony

I rode the chair lift up Snoqualmie Summit back in 2002 for the downhill
in Unicon, but wasn't riding at that time. For some reason they stopped
doing that even for bikes. Seems a waste of resources but I'm not the
one paying the bills.

You can always ride down Mt. Si, either side. Now THAT would be bad for
your back!

If you go about half way up Snoqualmie Parkway on the the way to the
Ridge there is an "easy" trials site that might be of interest (just
off to the left). Look for a wooden rail fence. The more interesting
area is in the trees.

--
blueharmony

_________
- Kenny
-unicycle for polytheism-
Old July 29th 08, 08:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Crystal Mountain has lift access. I have no idea what the
terrain/structures are like.
http://skicrystal.com/1774.html

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old July 29th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

Hey Pele did you get to ride it in Yellowstone?

--
forrestunifreak

'*-My Gallery*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl) -
hasn't been
updated*www.qu-ax.com*
*unicycle for christ*

Joe "Hodgekins" wrote:
Oh... they don't kick bricks, do they?

Black bear attacks mountain biker in Washington State park Mike Vandeman Social Issues 100 September 28th 07 12:03 AM
Washington State Racing? Bret Racing 2 May 3rd 07 11:17 PM
Washington State: Ban Babies on Bicycles? Joshua Putnam General 39 January 6th 06 11:53 PM
Washington State: Ban Babies on Bicycles? Joshua Putnam Social Issues 27 December 27th 05 04:13 AM
Washington State (USA) legislation for safe passing distances Claire Petersky Social Issues 1 April 11th 05 08:32 PM