3" Too Short

Old May 2nd 04, 09:43 AM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default 3" Too Short

The rear brake hose for my Stinger is 3" too short, so a new one will
have to be ordered (this is due to the hose having been measured on
the old frameset and the new one being slightly different).

The result is, of course, another week of riding the wedgie :-(

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old May 2nd 04, 10:17 AM
Tony Raven

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
The rear brake hose for my Stinger is 3" too short, so a new one will
have to be ordered (this is due to the hose having been measured on
the old frameset and the new one being slightly different).

The result is, of course, another week of riding the wedgie :-(

Enough of these excuses Chapman. Admit it, you prefer riding the wedgie and
are just finding exuses to not go back ;-)

Tony

Old May 2nd 04, 10:28 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

The result is, of course, another week of riding the wedgie :-(

Guy

Really Guy, you don't need to give lame excuses. We know you actually enjoy
riding the wedgie.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 3rd 04, 10:55 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I wish. After two months of riding up to 30 miles a day, I've
developed a saddle sore which is quite excruciating. I think it's the
result of my saddle getting wet in the (outdoor) bike rack :-(

Ouch! :-(

Mind you, just goes to show that you've become a softie as a result of riding
the bent. It does show, however, that real cyclists have buttocks of steel, not
like these wimpy bent riders ;-)

On a serious note, I do hope said sore heals swiftly. Whatever you do, don't
let it get infected, as then it could be really, really nasty.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old May 4th 04, 11:31 AM
Dave Kahn

Graeme wrote in message 94.51...

Probably way too late now, but I've heard that if you start to show signs
of chafing then shoving a handful of corn flour down your cycle shorts
helps reduce friction and alleviates the problem.

Doesn't it turn to paste in the wet?

--
Dave...
Old May 4th 04, 04:04 PM
Colin Blackburn

On Tue, 4 May 2004 15:02:50 +0000 (UTC), Geraint Jones
.invalid wrote:

"Tony Raven" wrote:
If you used custard powder instead it is thixotropic so would make an
ideal
gel liner for your shorts ;-)

Does anyone else remember the custard-powder explosion
that destroyed the Birds' factory in Banbury?
Shortly after the election of first Thatcher Government.

That'll be some time after the Maynards Wine Gum factory fire in Newcastle.

Or am I making it all up?

You can't make these things up, apparently.

Colin