News from Tasmania

Old November 5th 06, 06:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

Default News from Tasmania

MMM Tasmania. I must admit our beers are good but 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/y6vopp) is what is currently happening to our
devils.

and as for the world heritage, our old growth forests are being logged
to the point of non-existance. I used to be able to get on my bike and
ride for 10 miutes and be in a rainforest, but now there is just loggin
plantations as far as the eye can see. They leave about 2 metres of
original foliage and then logg back behind that. All you have to is
look through the trees to see the damage. 'here'
(http://www.mdavid.com.au/trees/bigtrees.html) is the best example i
could find. scroll down about halfway on this page.

--
tobbogonist

Unicycle: Gives me somewhere to sit when i walk
'Ivans Diary, made me laugh' (http://tinyurl.com/yb6km4)

Chexjc wrote:
...i mean he could walk on water couldn't he?
i'm no expert in the field..but i think that'd be harder to do than
unicycle

tobbogonist's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12176

Old November 5th 06, 10:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
max_pfeifer

tobbogonist wrote:
MMM Tasmania. I must admit our beers are good but 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/y6vopp) is what is currently happening to our
devils.

and as for the world heritage, our old growth forests are being logged
to the point of non-existance. I used to be able to get on my bike and
ride for 10 miutes and be in a rainforest, but now there is just loggin
plantations as far as the eye can see. They leave about 2 metres of
original foliage and then logg back behind that. All you have to is
look through the trees to see the damage. 'here'
(http://www.mdavid.com.au/trees/bigtrees.html) is the best example i
could find. scroll down about halfway on this page.

wow man way to revive an old thread!

--
max_pfeifer

TheoELind wrote:
If you can't get over the hate in one puny internet thread on a
unicycling site, then you will never hack it out in the "real world"
where crack smoking bumbs throw rocks at you while you're practicing
your 360 unispin.

max_pfeifer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7644

Old November 5th 06, 12:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

i was searching for Tassie riders and saw it. Just thought i would bring
people up to date on the fact Tasmanias enviroment is slowly being
exchanged so some rich corporate boss can have an extra porshe

Old November 5th 06, 12:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

Yeah, that's really bad. I always feel that something is fundamentally
wrong with the world and I can do absolutely nothing about it when I
read about or see things like that. It disturbs me.

--
ivan

Someone wrote:
Blah blah blah blah! Blah blah blah blah blah blah.

ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759

Old November 5th 06, 12:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobbogonist

that is the problem, there is these problems and people feel to
overwhelmed to help out because it is such a terribely(sp?) big feat,
so they dont bother. Then those who do spend time protesting and
camping in trees. Also there is such organisations such as the make
poverty history one that is making it easier to help them then trying
to eridicate a problem closer to home