A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Bidens on bikes!!!!!!!!!!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old June 7th 21, 04:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,477
Default Bidens on bikes!!!!!!!!!!

On 6/6/2021 8:23 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 15:11:45 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Scharf, I cannot imagine someone like you calling Biden who has shown himself to be an anti-Semitic a mensch. Are you another one of those people that doesn't understand the use of our language?


Biden anti-Semitic? Hardly. Pick an article, any article:
https://www.google.com/search?q=biden+anti+semitic

For example:
Statement by President Joe Biden on the Rise of Anti-Semitic Attacks.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/05/28/statement-by-president-joe-biden-on-the-rise-of-anti-semitic-attacks/


Biden is a breath of fresh air compared to the virulently anti-Semitic
Trump. Nixon was the most anti-Semitic president until Trump. Reagan did
some stupid things, but by that time he wasn't all there and was being
manipulated by anti-Semites like Pat Buchanan. Nixon and Trump were also
the most racist modern presidents.

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-donald-trump-race-and-ethnicity-discrimination-elections-a72d2c399574206d64606f3d254c4b01

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/12/donald-trump-anti-semitic-remarks

https://www.salon.com/2017/03/25/a-brief-history-of-anti-semites-in-the-modern-white-house/

https://www.wgbh.org/news/commentary/2020/08/28/anti-semitism-trump-and-the-republican-convention
Ads
  #32  
Old June 7th 21, 04:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,196
Default Bidens on bikes!!!!!!!!!!

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 8:44:31 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 6/6/2021 8:23 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 15:11:45 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Scharf, I cannot imagine someone like you calling Biden who has shown himself to be an anti-Semitic a mensch. Are you another one of those people that doesn't understand the use of our language?


Biden anti-Semitic? Hardly. Pick an article, any article:
https://www.google.com/search?q=biden+anti+semitic

For example:
Statement by President Joe Biden on the Rise of Anti-Semitic Attacks.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/05/28/statement-by-president-joe-biden-on-the-rise-of-anti-semitic-attacks/

Biden is a breath of fresh air compared to the virulently anti-Semitic
Trump. Nixon was the most anti-Semitic president until Trump. Reagan did
some stupid things, but by that time he wasn't all there and was being
manipulated by anti-Semites like Pat Buchanan. Nixon and Trump were also
the most racist modern presidents.

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-donald-trump-race-and-ethnicity-discrimination-elections-a72d2c399574206d64606f3d254c4b01

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/12/donald-trump-anti-semitic-remarks

https://www.salon.com/2017/03/25/a-brief-history-of-anti-semites-in-the-modern-white-house/

https://www.wgbh.org/news/commentary/2020/08/28/anti-semitism-trump-and-the-republican-convention

https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/12...cks-on-israel/
  #33  
Old June 7th 21, 05:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,422
Default Bidens on bikes!!!!!!!!!!

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 4:44:31 PM UTC+1, sms wrote:
On 6/6/2021 8:23 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 15:11:45 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Scharf, I cannot imagine someone like you calling Biden who has shown himself to be an anti-Semitic a mensch. Are you another one of those people that doesn't understand the use of our language?


Biden anti-Semitic? Hardly. Pick an article, any article:
https://www.google.com/search?q=biden+anti+semitic

For example:
Statement by President Joe Biden on the Rise of Anti-Semitic Attacks.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/05/28/statement-by-president-joe-biden-on-the-rise-of-anti-semitic-attacks/

Biden is a breath of fresh air compared to the virulently anti-Semitic
Trump. Nixon was the most anti-Semitic president until Trump. Reagan did
some stupid things, but by that time he wasn't all there and was being
manipulated by anti-Semites like Pat Buchanan. Nixon and Trump were also
the most racist modern presidents.

This is utterly crazy talk. Mr Trump has a daughter who married into a Jewish family and converted to Judaism. As president, he made her one of his closest advisors. He used his Jewish son in law as President Roosevelt used Colonel House, and specifically to enable Israel to make peace with the moderate Arabs. Mr Trump moved the Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, a hugely symbolic change to Israelis. Mr Trump ordered the assassination of one of Israel's worst and most dangerous enemies, an Iranian general.

Wherever you get your "facts" from, Scharfie, they making you ridiculous for being such a gullible nebbish -- even to us, who're long accustomed to considering you a smarmy fool. You're quite off your rocker with Trump hatred..

Andre Jute
I have news for you monkeys. Mr Trump is no longer president, and won't be president again until 2024. So give boosting him with your hatred of him a rest until 2022 when you can again make a difference in directing votes to him.
  #34  
Old June 7th 21, 05:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,196
Default Bidens on bikes!!!!!!!!!!

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 9:05:48 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 4:44:31 PM UTC+1, sms wrote:
On 6/6/2021 8:23 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 15:11:45 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Scharf, I cannot imagine someone like you calling Biden who has shown himself to be an anti-Semitic a mensch. Are you another one of those people that doesn't understand the use of our language?

Biden anti-Semitic? Hardly. Pick an article, any article:
https://www.google.com/search?q=biden+anti+semitic

For example:
Statement by President Joe Biden on the Rise of Anti-Semitic Attacks.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/05/28/statement-by-president-joe-biden-on-the-rise-of-anti-semitic-attacks/

Biden is a breath of fresh air compared to the virulently anti-Semitic
Trump. Nixon was the most anti-Semitic president until Trump. Reagan did
some stupid things, but by that time he wasn't all there and was being
manipulated by anti-Semites like Pat Buchanan. Nixon and Trump were also
the most racist modern presidents.

This is utterly crazy talk. Mr Trump has a daughter who married into a Jewish family and converted to Judaism. As president, he made her one of his closest advisors. He used his Jewish son in law as President Roosevelt used Colonel House, and specifically to enable Israel to make peace with the moderate Arabs. Mr Trump moved the Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, a hugely symbolic change to Israelis. Mr Trump ordered the assassination of one of Israel's worst and most dangerous enemies, an Iranian general.

Wherever you get your "facts" from, Scharfie, they making you ridiculous for being such a gullible nebbish -- even to us, who're long accustomed to considering you a smarmy fool. You're quite off your rocker with Trump hatred.

Andre Jute
I have news for you monkeys. Mr Trump is no longer president, and won't be president again until 2024. So give boosting him with your hatred of him a rest until 2022 when you can again make a difference in directing votes to him.

People like Scharf doesn't care what he says. The lies spouting from the left are absolutely unbelievable. Biden didn't condemn the PLO for shooting rockets into Israel. He made a great effort to say that Israel had the right to defend itself leaving it unsaid that they had any right to kill the PLO leadership. The PLO purposely place the missile launch sites in areas where any response from Israel would kill women and children so that MF's like Scharf could claim that Israel "purposely kill women and children". Postings like this I should send to the Israeli Army. I don't think that they would be happy with Scharf for that. Wouldn't it be strange were he to disappear?
  #35  
Old June 7th 21, 05:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,447
Default Bidens on bikes!!!!!!!!!!

On 6/7/2021 11:05 AM, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 4:44:31 PM UTC+1, sms wrote:
On 6/6/2021 8:23 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 15:11:45 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Scharf, I cannot imagine someone like you calling Biden who has shown himself to be an anti-Semitic a mensch. Are you another one of those people that doesn't understand the use of our language?

Biden anti-Semitic? Hardly. Pick an article, any article:
https://www.google.com/search?q=biden+anti+semitic

For example:
Statement by President Joe Biden on the Rise of Anti-Semitic Attacks.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/05/28/statement-by-president-joe-biden-on-the-rise-of-anti-semitic-attacks/

Biden is a breath of fresh air compared to the virulently anti-Semitic
Trump. Nixon was the most anti-Semitic president until Trump. Reagan did
some stupid things, but by that time he wasn't all there and was being
manipulated by anti-Semites like Pat Buchanan. Nixon and Trump were also
the most racist modern presidents.

This is utterly crazy talk. Mr Trump has a daughter who married into a Jewish family and converted to Judaism. As president, he made her one of his closest advisors. He used his Jewish son in law as President Roosevelt used Colonel House, and specifically to enable Israel to make peace with the moderate Arabs. Mr Trump moved the Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, a hugely symbolic change to Israelis. Mr Trump ordered the assassination of one of Israel's worst and most dangerous enemies, an Iranian general.

Wherever you get your "facts" from, Scharfie, they making you ridiculous for being such a gullible nebbish -- even to us, who're long accustomed to considering you a smarmy fool. You're quite off your rocker with Trump hatred.

Andre Jute
I have news for you monkeys. Mr Trump is no longer president, and won't be president again until 2024. So give boosting him with your hatred of him a rest until 2022 when you can again make a difference in directing votes to him.



There are none so blind as those who will not see

https://710wor.iheart.com/featured/m...-partial-list/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971


  #36  
Old June 7th 21, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,018
Default Bidens on bikes!!!!!!!!!!

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 13:41:42 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 20:23:24 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 15:11:45 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Scharf, I cannot imagine someone like you calling Biden who has shown himself to be an anti-Semitic a mensch. Are you another one of those people that doesn't understand the use of our language?


Biden anti-Semitic? Hardly. Pick an article, any article:
https://www.google.com/search?q=biden+anti+semitic

For example:
Statement by President Joe Biden on the Rise of Anti-Semitic Attacks.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/05/28/statement-by-president-joe-biden-on-the-rise-of-anti-semitic-attacks/


But even more weird:
"Biden who has shown himself to be an anti-Semitic a mensch"
How can an "anti-Semitic" be a Mensch?


Good point. Tom allegedly knows Yiddish because his maternal
grandfather spoke Yiddish. So did mine, but for some odd reason, my
knowledge of Yiddish is limited mostly kvetching and haggling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensch
.... a mensch is "someone to admire and emulate, someone of noble
character. The key to being 'a real mensch' is nothing less than
character, rectitude, dignity, a sense of what is right, responsible,
decorous." The term is used as a high compliment, implying the rarity
and value of that individual's qualities.

Biden is far from perfect and could probably use some improvements in
various areas. After all, we are judging him on his ability to end
the pandemic, end global conflicts, repair the US economy, fix our
crumbling infrastructure, make the US safe from meteor impacts, solve
the homeless problem, secure our borders, provide a living wage, and
generally do all those things that past presidents have been expected
to do, but failed. Nothing less can be expected from a real mensch.


--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
  #37  
Old June 7th 21, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,018
Default Bidens on bikes!!!!!!!!!!

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 08:51:50 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

https://thefederalist.com/2021/05/12...cks-on-israel/

That's odd. The title says that Biden "fails to condemn". Yet the
body of the article says "President Joe Biden did not directly condemn
the group Wednesday". In other words, Biden actually did condemn
Hamas for the attack, but failed to meet the reporters expectations of
the degree of condemnation. I guess(tm) nothing less than jumping up
and down while directly addressing Hamas would have been deemed
satisfactory to the reporter.

Interesting source. I have two LCD monitors. The Federalist web page
would only display on the far right monitor.

Perhaps something closer to the source might be more accurate?
"White House condemns attacks on Israel, calls for co-existence in
Jerusalem"
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/white-house-condemns-ongoing-rocket-attacks-by-hamas-against-israel-2021-05-11/
Notice that the Reuters article appeared one day before your
Federalist article appeared.

More of the same:
https://www.google.com/search?q=biden+condemns+hamas

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Ben Lomond CA 95005-0272
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
  #38  
Old June 7th 21, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,477
Default Bidens on bikes!!!!!!!!!!

On 6/7/2021 9:35 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

snip

Biden is far from perfect and could probably use some improvements in
various areas. After all, we are judging him on his ability to end
the pandemic, end global conflicts, repair the US economy, fix our
crumbling infrastructure, make the US safe from meteor impacts, solve
the homeless problem, secure our borders, provide a living wage, and
generally do all those things that past presidents have been expected
to do, but failed. Nothing less can be expected from a real mensch.


So far he's at least stopped meteor impacts and is well on the way to
ending the pandemic.

Repairing the damage that Trump did to the economy will take longer than
the 4 or 8 years that Biden will be in office, as will addressing
homelessness.

And no, Trump's daughter marrying someone that is Jewish, and
converting, doesn't mean anything when it comes to Trump's long history
of anti-Semetism.
  #39  
Old June 7th 21, 06:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,447
Default Bidens on bikes!!!!!!!!!!

On 6/7/2021 11:35 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 13:41:42 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 20:23:24 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 15:11:45 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Scharf, I cannot imagine someone like you calling Biden who has shown himself to be an anti-Semitic a mensch. Are you another one of those people that doesn't understand the use of our language?

Biden anti-Semitic? Hardly. Pick an article, any article:
https://www.google.com/search?q=biden+anti+semitic

For example:
Statement by President Joe Biden on the Rise of Anti-Semitic Attacks.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/05/28/statement-by-president-joe-biden-on-the-rise-of-anti-semitic-attacks/


But even more weird:
"Biden who has shown himself to be an anti-Semitic a mensch"
How can an "anti-Semitic" be a Mensch?


Good point. Tom allegedly knows Yiddish because his maternal
grandfather spoke Yiddish. So did mine, but for some odd reason, my
knowledge of Yiddish is limited mostly kvetching and haggling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensch
... a mensch is "someone to admire and emulate, someone of noble
character. The key to being 'a real mensch' is nothing less than
character, rectitude, dignity, a sense of what is right, responsible,
decorous." The term is used as a high compliment, implying the rarity
and value of that individual's qualities.

Biden is far from perfect and could probably use some improvements in
various areas. After all, we are judging him on his ability to end
the pandemic, end global conflicts, repair the US economy, fix our
crumbling infrastructure, make the US safe from meteor impacts, solve
the homeless problem, secure our borders, provide a living wage, and
generally do all those things that past presidents have been expected
to do, but failed. Nothing less can be expected from a real mensch.



Original mention of 'mensch' here was not by Mr Kunich.

The term as applied to Mr Biden is so ridiculous I doubt Mr
Kunich would ever use it that way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/09/u...poor-kids.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi... ntants.html#!

I could go on (and on) but the examples I think suffice.



--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971


  #40  
Old June 7th 21, 06:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,196
Default Bidens on bikes!!!!!!!!!!

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 9:35:14 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 13:41:42 +0700, John B.
wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 20:23:24 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 15:11:45 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

Scharf, I cannot imagine someone like you calling Biden who has shown himself to be an anti-Semitic a mensch. Are you another one of those people that doesn't understand the use of our language?

Biden anti-Semitic? Hardly. Pick an article, any article:
https://www.google.com/search?q=biden+anti+semitic

For example:
Statement by President Joe Biden on the Rise of Anti-Semitic Attacks.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/05/28/statement-by-president-joe-biden-on-the-rise-of-anti-semitic-attacks/


But even more weird:
"Biden who has shown himself to be an anti-Semitic a mensch"
How can an "anti-Semitic" be a Mensch?

Good point. Tom allegedly knows Yiddish because his maternal
grandfather spoke Yiddish. So did mine, but for some odd reason, my
knowledge of Yiddish is limited mostly kvetching and haggling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensch
... a mensch is "someone to admire and emulate, someone of noble
character. The key to being 'a real mensch' is nothing less than
character, rectitude, dignity, a sense of what is right, responsible,
decorous." The term is used as a high compliment, implying the rarity
and value of that individual's qualities.

Biden is far from perfect and could probably use some improvements in
various areas. After all, we are judging him on his ability to end
the pandemic, end global conflicts, repair the US economy, fix our
crumbling infrastructure, make the US safe from meteor impacts, solve
the homeless problem, secure our borders, provide a living wage, and
generally do all those things that past presidents have been expected
to do, but failed. Nothing less can be expected from a real mensch.


Is there some reason that you feel good about lying? You leftists seem to know nothing about telling the truth. I said that I had wondered why I knew the meaning of Yiddish swear words and common phrases and discovered that before her conversion to Catholicism my mother was Jewish via her father. And when he visited he would speak to her in Yiddish if he didn't want my father to understand. My father NEVER spoke in Croatian to hide meanings from anyone at any time. In fact, I never heard any of my father's generation speak Croatian at all. Even though they were fluent in it since their parents only spoke Croatian.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do police stations still sell recovered bikes? 2nd hand bikes Maurice Wibblington UK 11 September 19th 06 09:23 AM
If Adults on bikes could be as simple as kids on bikes Maggie General 63 October 11th 05 09:56 PM
Dreadful bikes, awful bikes, triage and maintenance Simon Brooke UK 14 August 10th 05 04:14 PM
A question - Girls' bikes and boys' bikes - Why the difference? ShoeFly General 7 April 21st 04 01:34 PM
Cheap Bikes vs expensive bikes - what are the real differences? The Real Slim Shady UK 8 August 13th 03 08:30 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.